#1 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

Market prices just keep rising. People keep buying stuff at normal price and increasing it by 1m+ until that becomes the new average price of it. Are we going to see some sort of money sink for high levels/rich people that will even out the zeny amount and stablize the market?

(example of this is WoW, alot of people have played it so they will know what I'm referring to: armor repair costs. Everyone hates them, but it keeps people from hoarding too much money and keeps the market in check)

Edited by Tkwan, 11 July 2011 - 10:27 AM.

#2 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

GMs implement zeny sinks from time to time. The most popular one seems to be the raffle system. They have said they intend to have a raffle sometime this summer, so expect prices of everything to fall around that time.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

We already HAD a money sink a few months back, the raffle. =/ If you think these prices are high, you should have been around a few years ago... I'm glad they're finally starting to go back up, honestly.

About a year ago Variants were 250m. They're now around 90m. Nid Garbs were 300m. Down to 60m.

Renewal and HD Ores just killed the value of everything. Renewal made any piece of gear easy to obtain because there's no challenge to any monster anymore.

With how HD Ores were for awhile, you could upgrade anything at any level without risk. Most of us already have our gear to +7 or +9 and there's no reason anymore to break anything trying to upgrade. Thankfully this was somewhat fixed by making you go from +4 to +7 without a 100% success rate, but the damage was already done.

#4 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

CBD was 1b, now is less 100m how does that can be expensive..? DX

#5 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

GMs implement zeny sinks from time to time. The most popular one seems to be the raffle system. They have said they intend to have a raffle sometime this summer, so expect prices of everything to fall around that time.

Ah. Wasn't around for that. I'll look it up.

Anyway, why should those items be so high priced? They are end game gears, sure, but they're easy to get and there's alot of them.

I'm a fairly new player to renewal. I last played like 6 years ago. Market prices were REASONABLE at that time. While I would expect some inflation to occur, this is just wild. As a returning player I was stunned by the high prices of everything in the market. I figured, hey, maybe they made zeny easier to get. Lo and behold, months later, I'm still struggling as are those who came back with me to scrape money together to buy basic gears.

In my opinion, they need a constant money sink on some useful item (when I talked to a friend about this they suggested really expensive [10m] ygg berries) or some sort of upkeep cost on something, not a money sink they implement every few months. This is MY opinion on how it should be.

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

I play at both Ymir and Yggdrasil and I'm somewhat surprised at the market prices in Ygg.

Look, you got these people selling Diabs, Nids and Valks at prices that your average player cannot buy even after a month and only the top 1% of the population can. However, those top 1% already have everything they want and care less about what the hell is going on with Prontera street vendors. Basically everyone loses. These people selling overpriced gear have no consideration or knowledge that Yggdrasil is still a new server and that it's not easy to make a million unless you do ET, MvP hunt or bot. =P

Greed is what drives the economy and you guys should be aware how greedy people are in this game.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 11 July 2011 - 12:56 PM.

#7 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

The only way to make Stuff go Sky High high if they took out YGG Seed and Ygg Berry out from the Game and to make the Market Crumble like a Domino is to make YGG Seed and YGG Berry Drop like Jellopy..

ATm Thing kinder cheap since the Majority of player alredy have they +7 ~ +9 gear...Like what Ralis Say.( That a reason in Valk why u will See unupgrade nidd sell for 70m but a +7 Sell for 125~ 130m)

It wi

#8 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

I play at both Ymir and Yggdrasil and I'm somewhat surprised at the market prices in Ygg.

Look, you got these people selling Diabs, Nids and Valks at prices that your average player cannot buy even after a month and only the top 1% of the population can. However, those top 1% already have everything they want and care less about what the hell is going on with Prontera street vendors. Basically everyone loses. These people selling overpriced gear have no consideration or knowledge that Yggdrasil is still a new server and that it's not easy to make a million unless you do ET, MvP hunt or bot. =P

Greed is what drives the economy and you guys should be aware how greedy people are in this game.

Please tell me how it is not greedy to assume the world owes you top-tier gear as soon as you join the game.

You want it, you work for it. The rest of us did, and that's how we come about the gear. =/

#9 s0rrow

s0rrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

10m ygg berries won't work either. those are obsolete with the amount of ales still remaining in the server.

#10 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

It has nothing to do with the legitimacy, it's people agreeing / disagreeing with it.

#11 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

Lol. Reputation is dumb anyway. There's really no point to it. Another forum I used to be on nixed the whole negative rep thing because people just abuse it.

#12 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:05 PM

I agree, I liked it better without. Got -1ed a bit ago for answering a question in another thread. XD

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

I agree, I liked it better without. Got -1ed a bit ago for answering a question in another thread. XD

imho its kinda like this bizzaro world, I've seen people get +1 for being absolutely wrong or insulting, then you see someone point out the mistake and its -1

I gave up on the system for the most part unless someone has a good idea or answers a question for me.

It got brought back cause people asked for it in the live Q&A with Heim a while back.

Edited by Inubashiri, 11 July 2011 - 04:39 PM.

#14 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

One negative a day isn't so bad, but I heard something about people getting like eight of them a day now. @@ Dunno if that's true though, can't say I really -1 much to tell...

#15 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

Market prices just keep rising. People keep buying stuff at normal price and increasing it by 1m+ until that becomes the new average price of it. Are we going to see some sort of money sink for high levels/rich people that will even out the zeny amount and stablize the market?

The economy is actually quite good right now in my opinion. Many gears you once couldn't dream of getting are now easily available - but that's ending for god item pieces at least. Gears are still good - prices are fairly stable, and people coming back to RO after long breaks made lots of zeny off the kafra recycling event. The exchange NPC, an uncarding NPC, raffle event and extra in game services have all been hinted at and any one of them would take care some of this build up. Maybe it's worse on valk?

#16 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

Bandwagons...

#17 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

The economy is actually quite good right now in my opinion. Many gears you once couldn't dream of getting are now easily available - but that's ending for god item pieces at least. Gears are still good - prices are fairly stable, and people coming back to RO after long breaks made lots of zeny off the kafra recycling event. The exchange NPC, an uncarding NPC, raffle event and extra in game services have all been hinted at and any one of them would take care some of this build up. Maybe it's worse on valk?

Agreed, though some of the items that was good pre-renewal (and still is pretty good 'til this day) has dropped a huge amount.

Example is a Bazerald, it was good for some Magic Users, hell even Acid Bombers (because it's what I used to use in pre-renewal) and for a +0 Bazerald used to cost 20m, now this 20m is possible for you to get a +7 one.

Also I might add, most people that makes money now-a-days has the +9 or higher gears and knows what to do to make zennies, while the ones that has +4's or lower gears (maybe some occasional +7's people donates to them) still scrapes off the loots they get from leveling as the most part of their income. I guess it's just another case of "the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer."

I'm just rambling on, but it's the truth for the most part.

Edited by SirDillhole, 11 July 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#18 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

Do people actually Give a :P ab out the reputations and post counts?

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

One negative a day isn't so bad, but I heard something about people getting like eight of them a day now. @@ Dunno if that's true though, can't say I really -1 much to tell...

last week I think I got -15 and an equal number back in one day Posted Image

#20 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

Ah, apparently it's a glitch that's allowing multiple negatives a day...

#21 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

Ah. Wasn't around for that. I'll look it up.

Anyway, why should those items be so high priced? They are end game gears, sure, but they're easy to get and there's alot of them.

I'm a fairly new player to renewal. I last played like 6 years ago. Market prices were REASONABLE at that time. While I would expect some inflation to occur, this is just wild. As a returning player I was stunned by the high prices of everything in the market. I figured, hey, maybe they made zeny easier to get. Lo and behold, months later, I'm still struggling as are those who came back with me to scrape money together to buy basic gears.

In my opinion, they need a constant money sink on some useful item (when I talked to a friend about this they suggested really expensive [10m] ygg berries) or some sort of upkeep cost on something, not a money sink they implement every few months. This is MY opinion on how it should be.

If the items are easy to get and the prices are higher than what you want to pay, hunt them yourself.

I don't know how you can struggle to make money for basic gears when the basic gears are free from eden group.

-------------

The best thing about the economy is that prices can fluctuate according to supply and demand. When prices go up some people complain about greed but when that same person sees prices go up they see a bargain... If buyers don't pay inflated prices, the items won't sell.

Edited by Anko, 11 July 2011 - 11:21 PM.

#22 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

The thing is, nobody wants to wear Eden Group gear their whole RO life that's why people want better stuff. If you can't make money for better gears, you're just gonna have to QQ somewhere or uninstall the game to prevent yourself from pulling more of your hair out of frustration.

#23 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:59 AM

The thing is, nobody wants to wear Eden Group gear their whole RO life that's why people want better stuff. If you can't make money for better gears, you're just gonna have to QQ somewhere or uninstall the game to prevent yourself from pulling more of your hair out of frustration.

Yeah but that other stuff is probably not basic gear. KVM which is high end pvp gear is essentially free if you do seal quests - i won't say do actual kvm as ppl always complain that is broken.

High prices tend to mean that low end stuff you sell is going for higher prices too.

There are many ways to make money. All it takes is some effort and some research eg. farm speed pots, do seal 3 for ocas, farm ygg crown quest weekly for an obb. Or if they are lazy in game they can sell kafra stuff. The days where obtaining a reduction garment card took months is gone.

Levelling and gearing is supposed to take some effort.

If greed is what drives the economy i would have to add that it would be stupidity and laziness that makes consumers buy overpriced gears.

Edited by Anko, 12 July 2011 - 07:04 AM.

#24 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

(example of this is WoW, alot of people have played it so they will know what I'm referring to: armor repair costs. Everyone hates them, but it keeps people from hoarding too much money and keeps the market in check)

People just need to learn how to make zeny. Everyone that is "rich" now also started out as a noob and was struggling to make zeny as well at one point in their RO career. Perhaps the people that are rich now are the ones that weren't Q.Q'ing about not being able to make zeny, but instead were thinking of ways to make vast amounts of zeny.

#25 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

The main problem, as I see it, people want the rewards of end game content w/o the effort to achieve it. MMO's have always been an achievement driven game model. What's end game content if everyone has it? Nothing.

The gear depreciation is partly to blame on the HD fiasco, but remember there is general depreciation in general that occurs over time. Sorry but the added sp from Nidd garb isn't even worth overupgrading it imo. These gears we remember costing hundreds of mils (variants/nidd) have been around for a LONG azz time now. It's natural market progression for the supply to build up over time to overwhelm the demand. This was only sped up with the HD ores and recent headgear exchanger.

There will be new end game desired gears added with the Scaraba dungeon and many more to come. The days of 200m equips are just on the horizon, but the sun has set for those end game gears of prerenewal as newer and better gears are coming available. No gear will hold the same value as it did at it's prime as it does at it's death.

For those that are complaining they cannot make z or get gears blah blah. Join an active guild and ask questions of the experienced members and leaders. I have helped several people realize the potential in the market in the guilds I have joined. There are literally dungeons that you can just walk around and loot nonstop b/c noone picks it up. Doesn't mean it's worthless, just means they didn't want it. Went to geffenia and made a mil in like an hour on the NPC loots alone. During magma event, went around greeding those tails and other drops noone seems to have time to click and made lots of z. Between that I did seal 3 several times and got like 20m in OCA's in 2 days b/c it wasn't being closed quickly. All things considered, I can make 50m in one day depending on the circumstances and that's on a char with no zeny lvl 70 and eden gears.

If you don't know how to make zeny, ask the people around you. If they don't know, get around different people lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users