Move Seal Reset NPC! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 9 votes

Move Seal Reset NPC!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

I love the fact that reset stones reset seal statuses. Awesome idea. Is there any way though...that we could maybe have the resetter in Nif be moved to the Eden group? It'd bring a lot of traffic through Eden.

If we can't do that, how about letting the resetter in Payon (stat resetter) reset your seal status as well and not just stats. Going to Nif is a pain in the butt. And I see that the Patch Notes include a fix being implemented for the jump in Umbala. Why worry about it? Why not just make resetting a little easier and more convenient? Eden group/Payon stat resetter!

I know a lot of people will like the fact that they'll be able to reset faster and squeeze in some more seal 2s :P

#2 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

Sounds like a good idea, there's plenty of room in Eden. If you can't do that, how about a warp directly to the npc from Eden?

#3 SethTheSecond

SethTheSecond

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationHovering in my seat
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

Watch out though, they may make that warp a VIP only warp.

#4 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:10 AM

while I 100% agree with this idea, it shouldn't replace the changes to the bungee jump, it should be added along side it. As soon as there is more then two people trying to use the bungee jump it becomes incredibly frustrating, so any fix to make that better is ok in my books.

#5 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:12 AM

I am not against an easily accessible reset npc - we are paying for reset stones after all. However, one consequence i see is that it enables the same characters to cram in more seal 2's if the reset npc is in town and i think that isn't something that should be necessarily encouraged. I think it is best when as many different people as possible can do seal 2 as possible when it opens rather than the same individuals repeatedly hoarding them all.

So i would propose to have a reset npc perhaps next to the seal status sign post? (that makes sense since you can easily check your status as you reset) Or wherever you put this more convenient npc, put a seal status sign post next to it. But only make the npc usable when seal 2 is closed - when seal 2 is open make it so people have to go to niff to reset.

They should still fix the umbala bungee jump regardless imo.

Edited by Anko, 12 July 2011 - 07:13 AM.

#6 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

^ Good idea

#7 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

No.
The main reason you ask for such a change is to make leveling via Seal Quest 2 even easier for a few and get more runs out of it in one manual³. Instead they should limit resetting only to characters who completed all four Seal Quests and focus on providing real leveling methods in the game and with a community.

#8 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

^ Good idea

I see Dan's Troll face here...

#9 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

It actually was a good idea. lol.

And to mister Meister... EVERYBODY wants to be able to do more Seal 2s. It's not like more people will be getting more turnins. It's still the same amount. Resetting on all 4 being completed means that the seals will never roll. Ever. The problem isn't how frequently the seals are rolling. The problem is that only certain guilds are willing to put in the time and effort.

Moving the NPC or the ability to reset your seal status doesn't change much. The Eden Group was added for convenience. This should be moved for convenience. Making it unusable during Seal 2 being open wouldn't be a bad idea. It's just a pain in the ass to jump in Umbala and all. Especially when you're resetting a full account.

I imagine it would mean more sales for Gravity as well. I know of 3 accounts, personally, that I haven't reset just because it's such a pain. The same goes for the questers in my guild.

#10 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:25 AM

There is also the problem (unless it was fixed) of people messing up the bungee jump by setting up chats on the cell you fall on. Not sure if this was fixed yet, someone correct me if I'm wrong. So eden group enterprise takeover would be a nifty idea.

#11 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:37 AM

There is also the problem (unless it was fixed) of people messing up the bungee jump by setting up chats on the cell you fall on. Not sure if this was fixed yet, someone correct me if I'm wrong. So eden group enterprise takeover would be a nifty idea.

There's no such an issue as soon as Seal Quest 2 closes. I have never had problems getting to the NPC, it really only matters for people who spam that quest.

Seal Quest 2 closes within 20~30 minutes with that NPC in place, no guild needs to push that, there's no need to make it close within 10 minutes.

#12 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:37 AM

It actually was a good idea. lol.

And to mister Meister... EVERYBODY wants to be able to do more Seal 2s. It's not like more people will be getting more turnins. It's still the same amount. Resetting on all 4 being completed means that the seals will never roll. Ever. The problem isn't how frequently the seals are rolling. The problem is that only certain guilds are willing to put in the time and effort.

Moving the NPC or the ability to reset your seal status doesn't change much. The Eden Group was added for convenience. This should be moved for convenience. Making it unusable during Seal 2 being open wouldn't be a bad idea. It's just a pain in the ass to jump in Umbala and all. Especially when you're resetting a full account.

I imagine it would mean more sales for Gravity as well. I know of 3 accounts, personally, that I haven't reset just because it's such a pain. The same goes for the questers in my guild.

Just do you know I was messing with you. Haha. Either way, yes it is a very good idea :P

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

There's no such an issue as soon as Seal Quest 2 closes. I have never had problems getting to the NPC, it really only matters for people who spam that quest.

Seal Quest 2 closes within 20~30 minutes with that NPC in place, no guild needs to push that, there's no need to make it close within 10 minutes.

Bungee jump in Umbala will get reworked a bit to keep people from standing on it.

Reference Link: http://forums.warppo...2-update-plans/

Posted Image

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 July 2011 - 07:40 AM.

#14 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

Unless they covered all the cells down there, its not a problem. You dont need to step 'on' the cell, you just need to move over it. Does become an issue when theres 8+ priests afk there though for the 3 jumps down.

a few solutions would be to make every cell except the landing cell "kick out" to shore, or even flag the map like a woe castle so if you die you automatically respawn. Or re-enable to niff tickets i have in storage from a few years ago lol.

Edited by Hrothmund, 12 July 2011 - 07:43 AM.

#15 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

Niff to colored bwings? =D More Kafra Shop sales~ I'd buy em.

<3 Shanden

#16 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

I honestly hate this idea at the core.

I stock reset stones and spam through seal 2 as fast as I can as well. But I know that the trip to Niff is a much needed buffer between runs to allow even a few more minutes for the next person who may be on their first char to attempt to finish the quest.

Everyone isn't a seal 2 running junkie and there are newer RO gamers that like to quest. However, seal 2 can roll by so fast now that someone walking through the quest on their first attempt will 80% of the time not even get to finish it in that same run. Seal 2 can also get buggy and require some rework to resolve (comodo npc).

Besides trip to niff takes me less than 4min walking from umbala. Grab some fwings between your runs and take the trip or fight the bungie for ur chance. But please don't move that NPC from Niff.

Making for an easy Seal reset will give more runs to the few while squeezing out the new (lol move over Al Sharpton).

#17 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

There can be changes made to prevent even faster Seal 2 farming if its really necessary, like it was already suggested if its that big a problem just disable the NPC while Seal 2 is open.

People (from my perspective at least) don't want an easy reset so that they can farm Seal 2, its so that it doesn't take forever to reset an account's worth of characters. Hell, making this change might make seal 2 more accessible for newer people, because with easier resets more people will be willing to do Seal 1, letting seal 2 open at more realistic times instead of at 4 AM.

#18 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:11 AM

If you're actually pushing the seals and not just mooching off of other people's hard work, then you'd understand where I'm coming from. Yes, people are doing Seal 2s and getting to Nif might not be too hard, but you're doing it on your main and it's fully geared and probably over level 100.

I'm not even arguing this for Seal 2. Tbh, none of you even deserve to be doing Seal 2 because none of you even push the seals.

I'm arguing this for the fact that...our Seal 1, Seal 3, and Seal 4 chars are all sub-100. They are alts that nobody levels. Most are level 70. And getting to Nif without doing the hit-or-miss bungie is a fairly big task now. You have to gear the character and haul ass, blowing pots the whole way if you didn't bring well over 100 fly wings.

It's not as easy as it used to be. It's time consuming, and imo, not needed. Seems like a perfect location would be in the Eden group with everything else that can be done through Kafra Shop. You can dye and all there. Why not be able to reset too?

#19 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

Add in the faster reset or move the NPC to Eden group. If people are concerned about abusing Seal 2, make it so a char can only do it once per seal being open. So if I wanted to do Seal 2, I could do it on my Genetic once, my RK once, etc.

#20 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

No.
The main reason you ask for such a change is to make leveling via Seal Quest 2 even easier for a few and get more runs out of it in one manual³. Instead they should limit resetting only to characters who completed all four Seal Quests and focus on providing real leveling methods in the game and with a community.

Exactly.
Instead of ripping people off reset stones by adding this ridiculous EXP quest and making changes so it's even more spammable, they should be working on the party system and real leveling, or, for god's sake, change regular non-repeatable quests to be at least a little bit worthwhile.

#21 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

I neither agree, nor disagree.

While going to nif to reset the seal is very boring, it would lead to [more] abuse on seal 2.

I would block the bungee jump during seal 2, and make it open again when it is closed Oh wait, ignore the risked line.

I would put the reset NPC on Prontera, maybe near the seal 4 start NPC, a place free of spambots [On Valkyrie], and put a cooldown on it. 1 hour cooldown maybe?

It would be nice if seal 2 was made by 100 (50 on Ymir, I know D:) different people. Not the same person abusing 2/3/4/10 times. I know they get more sales by the abusers, but even so...

#22 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

You get out of it what you're willing to put into it. If there are people sitting around who prepare for the quest and position all of their chars at the starting NPC, why shouldn't they be able to "abuse" it? They are just doing more work than you guys.

And they all started somewhere. So the whole "new people not being able to do it" isn't really much of an argument, imo. We all started somewhere.

I haven't done Seal 2 once. A couple of people in guild do it, but I don't think it stays open long enough for them to "abuse" it like people think. At most, I've heard of 1 person getting it done twice. The issue at hand isn't as bad as people think. You guys are thinking that it's like...5 people getting 50 turnins. It's a server getting 50 turnins.

Allowing chars to complete Seal 2 only once for every period it's open would solve the problem, imo, if you guys are concerned about moving the resetter. People can reset ahead of time and still position their chars there. So enforcing only 1 Seal 2 turnin per char for each open period would be end up being the same way things are going now...just without the Nif part.

I'm sorry if not everybody in iRO is able to complete Seal 2 because it opens and closes so fast. But you guys should really try to think along the lines of what makes sense and not..."what will guarantee me a turnin". Having the reset in Nif doesn't make sense. It makes resetting on low leveled characters nearly impossible. Moving it to a more accessible place and enforcing a cooldown on Seal 2 completions makes sense.

#23 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Total posts in this thread (not including this one lol) 22. Total posts from OP: 7. You are easily 1/3 of your own thread. You don't have to try and rebutt EVERY single post. Let it air out a bit /ok. Get some more opinions w/o running for the F5/Reply combo.

#24 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

Good idea. Let's let this air out a bit /ok. We can start by removing your posts that add nothing to this argument except trolling (including your last one lol). Not once have I singled anybody out. You, however, have. So maybe you should trim your trash comments and let this thing roll.

#25 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

Too tired to write a coherent post, so here are some disjointed ideas.

People (from my perspective at least) don't want an easy reset so that they can farm Seal 2, its so that it doesn't take forever to reset an account's worth of characters.

^ This. I spam seals 1/3 on some 25 characters, but resetting is so annoying that I haven't been using them much at all lately.

However, seal 2 can roll by so fast now that someone walking through the quest on their first attempt will 80% of the time not even get to finish it in that same run.

What if you could finish the quest at your leisure after picking it up from Rebarev Doug? I.e., the other NPCs wouldn't lock you out after you started it.

-----

Despite being a seal 2 addict, I would like it if they removed the bungee warp altogether, if only to make run times more predictable and preclude the feeling of "darn, could have gotten one more turnin if those !@#%% hadn't been blocking it!" They should definitely move the reset NPC in that case, though.

Finally, can we get clickable switches (like the ones in the sleipnir quest hall) at the rogue building entrance?

Edited by renouille, 12 July 2011 - 12:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users