Move Seal Reset NPC! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 9 votes

Move Seal Reset NPC!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

Good idea. Let's let this air out a bit /ok. We can start by removing your posts that add nothing to this argument except trolling (including your last one lol). Not once have I singled anybody out. You, however, have. So maybe you should trim your trash comments and let this thing roll.

LoL dude you a straight up troll on your own troll thread. Keep going and outpost the whole commmunity. Your point is still just buncha farmers trying to move 20+ alts to seal rape. Get over yourself and let the whole community have a chance to do the quests.

I feel sorry for your guild members to have a leader so short sighted. :P

#27 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

Exactly.
Instead of ripping people off reset stones by adding this ridiculous EXP quest and making changes so it's even more spammable, they should be working on the party system and real leveling, or, for god's sake, change regular non-repeatable quests to be at least a little bit worthwhile.

This.

Even if we try really hard to believe that the GMs have no idea about how anything besides seal2 sucks, it gets pretty impossible when you consider they get cash from reset stones with this ridiculous quest. It's easier to just respond "no youre wrong, theres plenty of good quests".. isn't that considered trolling?

Edited by Charon, 12 July 2011 - 12:29 PM.

#28 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

LoL dude you a straight up troll on your own troll thread. Keep going and outpost the whole commmunity. Your point is still just buncha farmers trying to move 20+ alts to seal rape. Get over yourself and let the whole community have a chance to do the quests.

Makes resetting easier for seal runs, not just seal 2 ;)

Edited by Braska, 12 July 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#29 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

LOL we the whole reason the community is allowed to even redo seal 2 , no one wants to do seal 4 and as of lately we have to do 1 and 3 too.
you are a nobody dont post in this thread anymore, lets get some ppl who actually do seals to post in this thread.

#30 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

LOL we the whole reason the community is allowed to even redo seal 2 , no one wants to do seal 4 and as of lately we have to do 1 and 3 too.
you are a nobody dont post in this thread anymore, lets get some ppl who actually do seals to post in this thread.

Sounds like the whole guild is made of trollboys. Sorry if after patting yourselves on the backs so hard you want the GM's to cater to your desires for lazy farming. You really trying to hurt my feelings aren't you? lol I remember you from Iris and how bad you were back then and how bad you are now shows not much has changed over the years.

If you want people that actually do the seals to post in this thread, presumably they are all in your guild lol. O wait, 50 alt accounts can't come post on the forums. Want to farm? Put effort into it and stop whining. Getting to niff is only hard for someone trying to farm lots of accounts at once. Moving a single char to niff is a breeze.

#31 Delta

Delta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

Excuse me I do ALOT of effort to farm ask anyone in Ymir we have quested 1400 all seals,Im the one pushing seals in Ymir

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 July 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#32 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Excuse me I do ALOT of effort to farm ask anyone in Ymir we have quested 1400 all seals,Im the one pushing seals in Ymir

Looks like you have as many alt forum accts as you do RO accts rofl. Funny thing is I was just discussing with the forum mods how people abuse the forums by making alt accts to neg spam. Thanks for helping prove a point hehe.

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 July 2011 - 03:43 PM.

#33 Delta

Delta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

transfer to Ymir and I will show you had thrash you are I been to valkrie 90% of those ppl are noob try harder.

#34 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

Excuse me I do ALOT of effort to farm ask anyone in Ymir we have quested 1400 all seals,Im the one pushing seals in Ymir o wait you play valkrie where god doesnt pay attention valkrie isnt a real server dont post again.

Looks like you have as many alt forum accts as you do RO accts rofl. Funny thing is I was just discussing with the forum mods how people abuse the forums by making alt accts to neg spam. Thanks for helping prove a point hehe.

P.S.- You still bad.

#35 sdsds

sdsds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

P.S.- You still bad.

u jelly bro?

#36 Delta

Delta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

P.S.- You still bad.

nice repeating the post because you have nothing else to say Q_Q

#37 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

nice repeating the post because you have nothing else to say Q_Q

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I see what you are trying to do! Trying to get this thread closed by turning it into a flame war! Fantastic! Carry on. You are making good progress. /no1

#38 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

Sounds like the whole guild is made of trollboys. Sorry if after patting yourselves on the backs so hard you want the GM's to cater to your desires for lazy farming. You really trying to hurt my feelings aren't you? lol I remember you from Iris and how bad you were back then and how bad you are now shows not much has changed over the years.

If you want people that actually do the seals to post in this thread, presumably they are all in your guild lol. O wait, 50 alt accounts can't come post on the forums. Want to farm? Put effort into it and stop whining. Getting to niff is only hard for someone trying to farm lots of accounts at once. Moving a single char to niff is a breeze.

Imo getting to niff whether by bungee or by walking through the maps is an essential part of seal 2. To allow people to reset in town while seal 2 is open imo is not a good thing.

When seal 2 is closed though i don't see the problem with customers who have bought a reset stone resetting in town without going to niff. It's like using a neuralizer or resetting stats - we aren't made to go to niff to use those items. Requiring customers go to niff after purchasing a stone deters sales and is bad business and is unneccesary imo.

#39 Delta

Delta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

Im gonna step aside to stick back to topic
the creator clearly stated that he doesnt do seal 2 the problem is that when doing seal 4s we have to go all the way to niff res up until you get in niff and try again for the other 8-18 more characters this is very time consuming I mean im already paying 100 kp points to do the reset they could at least make it so its easier to access.

#40 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

Im gonna step aside to stick back to topic
the creator clearly stated that he doesnt do seal 2 the problem is that when doing seal 4s we have to go all the way to niff res up until you get in niff and try again for the other 8-18 more characters this is very time consuming I mean im already paying 100 kp points to do the reset they could at least make it so its easier to access.

That's what kids should do when grown folks are talking.

Seal 2 isn't the only farm worthy seal. Seal 1 is highly sought after for the KVM badge farming.

#41 Delta

Delta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

That's what kids should do when grown folks are talking.

Seal 2 isn't the only farm worthy seal. Seal 1 is highly sought after for the KVM badge farming.

BTW you joined into my conversation that makes you as childish as me.
it appears that the only reason we not getting easier access to resetter npc is because of seal 2 why dont you just nerf seal 2 back to what it was?Im still up for doing seals reverting seal 2 back to what it was before the change isnt going to affect me it might upset other people though.

#42 Delushunz

Delushunz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

Why are u guys even replying to lord vader just ignore him and hell disappear and if he doesnt its free bumps for the thread, + 1 to moving the resetter to eden, its so tedious to move 20+ chars to niffle to reset and i dont even do seal 2

#43 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

I'd like to add my 2 cents into this discussion.

My Opinion
First, moving the reset npc to eden is fine IF the seal resets are disabled during the period that seal 2 is active.

Second, I want to make a point on requiring people to do all 4 seals before resetting. I see, and understand the argument that you want to reset your alts easier so they can help to unlock the other seals. But, if all 4 seals are required to be completed before a reset, then you wont NEED to do it on so many alts, because anyone who wants to repeat is will be required to finish.

Third, the rewards for the other 3 seals really need to be looked into and made more attractive so people actually want to do them. Seal 4 especially is a bit harsh with the ore and level 4 weapon requirement. The rewards are acceptable (could be better, but it suffices), but what you have to sacrifice in order to get one of those typically useless weapons makes it an extremely unattractive seal to complete.

Fourth, with the population going back up, and the super spammage on seals and god items being created, Gravity (IMO) should consider raising the required amount of people to complete the seals on Ymir as a test to see if it can be restored to what it should be.

Fifth, and final, the best solution (again, IMO) to the seal 2 problem is what someone stated before in this thread. There needs to be better, repeatable quests available. The monthly events and stuff are great. The problem lies in the rest of the quests, the effort vs reward value is sub standard for the western mentality of gaming. Most westerners dislike grinding so much and prefer questing. The quest system needs an overhaul, and we need repeatable daily quests that offer a little money and experience.

#44 Delta

Delta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

I'd like to add my 2 cents into this discussion.

My Opinion
First, moving the reset npc to eden is fine IF the seal resets are disabled during the period that seal 2 is active.

Second, I want to make a point on requiring people to do all 4 seals before resetting. I see, and understand the argument that you want to reset your alts easier so they can help to unlock the other seals. But, if all 4 seals are required to be completed before a reset, then you wont NEED to do it on so many alts, because anyone who wants to repeat is will be required to finish.

Third, the rewards for the other 3 seals really need to be looked into and made more attractive so people actually want to do them. Seal 4 especially is a bit harsh with the ore and level 4 weapon requirement. The rewards are acceptable (could be better, but it suffices), but what you have to sacrifice in order to get one of those typically useless weapons makes it an extremely unattractive seal to complete.

Fourth, with the population going back up, and the super spammage on seals and god items being created, Gravity (IMO) should consider raising the required amount of people to complete the seals on Ymir as a test to see if it can be restored to what it should be.

Fifth, and final, the best solution (again, IMO) to the seal 2 problem is what someone stated before in this thread. There needs to be better, repeatable quests available. The monthly events and stuff are great. The problem lies in the rest of the quests, the effort vs reward value is sub standard for the western mentality of gaming. Most westerners dislike grinding so much and prefer questing. The quest system needs an overhaul, and we need repeatable daily quests that offer a little money and experience.

I like majority of the post but the one thing that could cause a "lock" on the character is that you require all 4 seals to be done before resetting they could change it do be 2 seals instead of 4.

#45 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

hmm I go away for an hour and half to go run and this thread was doing so fine. Everyone enhance your calm please

#46 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

You're both bads for even having this conversation. One for replying to a noob, and vader for being a noob. If it wasn't for certain individuals/guilds, seal 2 wouldn't even appear and people would have nothing to whine about.

PS. Vader, weren't you that really bad stalker/rogue back in iris who used a bow or some crap? And only because multiple people -1 you doesn't mean they have multiple WP accounts, maybe they just have friends :P . Theres a thread somewhere about Rep wars, you should try reading it.

Edited by Braska, 12 July 2011 - 04:22 PM.

#47 Nuhasna

Nuhasna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

I'd presonally prefer the reset NPC to be located nearby the seal status sign, simply because its much more helpful to be able to check your status before reseting.

When you got close to 50 chars needing a reset, it can be quite time consuming to first check their individual status to make sure your happy with to go ahead with it. Then have to go about dealing with getting to niff, wasting potions and possibly exp.

I also disagree with trying to force the requirement of having all 4 seals in order to reset. Over the years that I've pushed seals, its not that common that all chars end up getting all 4 seals done.
If this change was put in, I personally would probably lose interest in attempting seal rolls. For a guild or small group of people, in order to try roll the seals to create an item, they usually need to get up to 50 chars ready for the last npc on the quests. To do this would involve quite a number of alt characters.
And you want to force these alt chars to do all 4 seals in order to reset? Well now then you'd be asking for a number of chars to do 2nd seal which have no need of added exp. As well as making the players waste item supplies on those chars they don't want to level.

#48 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

Also, yes. There are quests 5x times longer than Seal 2, and they give like, 20x less experience.

Like. I am doing now the new world quests to go to Nidhoggur [and also Scarab Hole]. One of the quests require me to go to Odin Temple and get 30 black balls. Rachel to get more 30 red balls. And the quest gives me 180k base exp [almost 1%] and 90k job exp. [almost 0.4%]

The quest is someway hard [If I really go to kill the monsters], but the rewards are a crap~ hehe~

I would also do something else. Push the minimum level for some quests up. It does not make sense the New World quest being for 70+ while the weakest monster in the map is level 105, that means the map is 90+.

Also. Onward to New World quest is one good quest for level 90. The other New World quests should follow those rewards. And increasing, of course.

#49 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

while you are at it, please INCREASE the amount of player that can make Seal2!
I am tired of it.. I still havent complete it since 7 seal rolls!

#50 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

You're both bads for even having this conversation. One for replying to a noob, and vader for being a noob. If it wasn't for certain individuals/guilds, seal 2 wouldn't even appear and people would have nothing to whine about.

PS. Vader, weren't you that really bad stalker/rogue back in iris who used a bow or some crap? And only because multiple people -1 you doesn't mean they have multiple WP accounts, maybe they just have friends :D . Theres a thread somewhere about Rep wars, you should try reading it.

KK I'm back after woe is over.

Yes Braska I was the bow stalker, never heard of a bow stalker? That's just too bad. Btw sorry I don't remember you, guess you must've been another nobody /shrug.

LOL look at the thread about Rep Wars, I'M THE AUTHOR! If that doesn't tell you how bad you are Delta replied to me on one of his alt forum accts /facepalm DeltaRay and Delta. Both of which are spamming me with negs lulz. Maybe your should read my thread about Rep Wars and why baddie abusers like Delta ruin an otherwise cool forum function.

All I hear is QQ I want easy way to seal rape on my 20 chars while the rest of the server complains of never even being able to get in to do the quests at ALL! This whole thread seems to be a combination of one guild looking for easy street to monopolize the seals. Sorry but I won't go along with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users