RRRRREEEEPPPP WWWAAAARRRRRSS! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

RRRRREEEEPPPP WWWAAAARRRRRSS!

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#26 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:45 AM

Little known facts?

I'm not wearing any pants right now. I'm honestly not sure why. I should probably go put some on.

#27 Wistfully

Wistfully

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Assguard

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Downvoting posts that don't even have something you don't like in it simply because of the person posting is bad form as well.

That's like asking to "occasionally" cheer for the Red Sox when the Yankees aren't playing.
Not a chance bubba.
I believe there should be consequences for ones' actions. You post stupid stuff, u get a -1. End of story. Next time engage your brain before you type. Enabling them isn't good for anyone.

I personally think the voting system is a valid tool to have: it spares me from having to read 12 pages of flames and rants and it doesn't even show on my cell!
Not to mention, recently some posters here, have been asking for negative votes.

#28 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

That's like asking to "occasionally" cheer for the Red Sox when the Yankees aren't playing.
Not a chance bubba.
I believe there should be consequences for ones' actions. You post stupid stuff, u get a -1. End of story. Next time engage your brain before you type. Enabling them isn't good for anyone.

I personally think the voting system is a valid tool to have: it spares me from having to read 12 pages of flames and rants and it doesn't even show on my cell!
Not to mention, recently some posters here, have been asking for negative votes.

No, with your analogy it's more like not caring if the yankees play, then jumping on the bandwagon of everyone jeering them when they are losing and then to make it even worse still jeering them if they are later winning just because you are still pissed just because they had a losing streak.

I also don't agree with your post, you can post the absolute most reasoned out rebuttal to something but if it goes against the rabid mob mindset that is rampant on internet forums you will get voted down no matter what. Same goes for the opposite, post something agreeing with the mob and you get voted up... even if what you posted has absolutely no roots in facts or reality. Oh and BTW I didn't agree with your post yet I didn't vote you -1, I took the time to point out my opinion instead of a mindless button click.

If they keep this system they should at least change it to not tell who down voted who ( agree is fine in your control center message box ) to stop people from randomly just down voting someone to " return the favor". I'm in favor of getting rid of the whole rep system anyways, it's just a lazy way of posting your opinion. I don't care about +1 posts since diskspace and database process time is cheap. You also have to post something ( hopefully ) rational about WHY you disagree with a post instead of just mindlessly clicking the pretty red button.

#29 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

the GMs reset my rep but people are still voting me down :P :D :D :( ;)

Cydra, I personally have nothing against you, but I'm going to vote you down to simply make a point. You get to be a martyr for the cause of removing the rep system.

#30 lightmike

lightmike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

Seems like it has become a popularity contest maybe? lol funny.

#31 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

Lol I actually came to this thread because I read the title as rewarps. =P

#32 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

I really like the system. Accentuates my ability to tell someone they're an idiot and completely wrong when they also get -43 rep on the same post. TELLS PEOPLE SOMETHING.

#33 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

who gives a :P

#34 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

I voted you down too

:P

#35 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

I really like the system. Accentuates my ability to tell someone they're an idiot and completely wrong when they also get -43 rep on the same post. TELLS PEOPLE SOMETHING.

Telling someone they're wrong is usually based on opinion. If its someones opinion, then they cant be wrong.

#36 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

Lol I actually came to this thread because I read the title as rewarps. =P

At first, I thought the same thing. xD

#37 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

Telling someone they're wrong is usually based on opinion. If its someones opinion, then they cant be wrong.

Opinions can be wrong. If you're basing your opinion on nonfacts it shouldn't even be considered.

#38 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

The system as it is is pretty broken. Ostensibly the downvote would be for awful trolls, offensive posts and things that violate the forum rules.

Downvoting a person's post just because you disagree/don't like them is going too far. Poor George Washington (the inventor of democracy) would be rolling in his coffin constructed of wooden teeth and cherry trees.

George Washington didn't, nor did his parents, ever own and/or chop down a cherry tree.
Furthermore, George Washington had teeth made of hippopotamus ivory, they were not wooden.

Geez Oda

#39 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

Opinions can be wrong. If you're basing your opinion on nonfacts it shouldn't even be considered.

An opinion is always someones personal opinion on something and cannot be wrong because it is how they perceive something. It is a personal view on a matter or idea or beliefs and cannot be judged wrong except by another personal opinion of another. Just because it is my opinion that Jesus is Lord does not mean instantly that I am wrong or right (though I am right in this particular case), the fact remains that that is my opinion, and you can judge it, and try to prove it wrong all you like, but that will not change my opinion or beliefs (and therefore, the opinion).

On that note, Glory and Praise be to God and his son Jesus Christ.

o·pin·ion
â?? â??[uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA
â??noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second Medical opinion.

#40 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

give me a few minutes to circle jerk +1's in this thread

:D reached my quota

I'm pushing to abolish the negative system because I'm getting complaints about it and I can't do anything about it :)

actually you can

just close the thread

Edited by Cubical, 12 July 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#41 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

actually you can

just close the thread

Even if I do people can still vote, I'd have to delete the thread which is pretty last resort for really bad threads.

#42 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

idk i like the reputation system, its just funny and you can kinda see how our community works in a funny ironic kind of way. There are times when its annoying and sometimes its fun to circle jerk with it. Its all good harmless fun, dont take it to seriously

#43 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

An opinion is always someones personal opinion on something and cannot be wrong because it is how they perceive something. It is a personal view on a matter or idea or beliefs and cannot be judged wrong except by another personal opinion of another. Just because it is my opinion that Jesus is Lord does not mean instantly that I am wrong or right (though I am right in this particular case), the fact remains that that is my opinion, and you can judge it, and try to prove it wrong all you like, but that will not change my opinion or beliefs (and therefore, the opinion).

On that note, Glory and Praise be to God and his son Jesus Christ.

o·pin·ion
�?? �??[uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA
�??noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second Medical opinion.

Lol. Based on what you've said, you think your OPINION is right (even though there is no proof). Fact and Opinion are 2 different things. You should learn that. I might not be able to change your sheepish ways with my scientific evidence, but at least I base my beliefs off of facts. Man there are really retarded posts on here sometimes. When did this thread have anything to do with your Messiah? Why do I avoid forums recently? Because threads like this are started, and people like you make me believe there aren't many cool people on RO anymore. Just sayin... Take your whining and religious bull-_- to some other place.

At least you have a forum system at all... Who the hell cares about your rep, or your religion? Let's just play the damn game.

#44 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

I can't believe it is not Friday.

Edited by Nine, 12 July 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#45 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

the GMs reset my rep but people are still voting me down :D :o :sigh: :dunno: :)

If you would just STOP posting stupid comments and "I VOTED YOU DOWN!" then maybe people will stop voting you down.

I understand what Oda says. You shouldn't vote down because you dont like them - but more because you don't like what they are saying. Sorry Cydra but everything you post has been garbage, which is why you receive -1 from me every time. From all your previous threads, I don't think anyone is abusing the system, because you genuinely have nothing constructive to bring to this forum, and you are getting negative reputation because of it.

#46 lightmike

lightmike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Even if you're wrong get your point across.

#47 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

He never said that's a bad thing.

Incidentally, a peanut is neither a pea nor a nut; it is a bean.

Peanuts are a legume. Beans are also a legume. But peanuts are not a bean.

#48 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

If you realize how useless your internet reputation is then nothing matters.

#49 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:26 PM

Seriously guys, is getting +1'ed really feel that good? xD

#50 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Reputation by post is fine, reputation overall, not so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users