Are you kidding me - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Are you kidding me

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Today we embark on a journey to take adventurers from being just young heroes to Warriors of Legends! The Eden Group is opening up new daily quests for all interested adventurers!

Every week the next stage of quests will be opened up, starting with low leveled areas on Week 1 and expanding upwards to areas for the highest tier of adventurer! Accepting the larger Hunt Quest will start a 23 hour timer, after the timer expires and you have completed the Hunt Quest you can turn it in for full value of what the Monsters hunted were worth if you solo killed them! If you are VIP when you turn in the quest you are offered the chance to focus the EXP into either Base or Job. Also as a benefit of VIP you will get a warp to the hunting area, and 150% base quest reward too! Also don't forget that Battle Manuals and Job Battle Manuals will stack on top of the VIP bonus too!

Every week for at least 8 weeks we will be putting in new quests to enjoy for specific level tiers! If there isn't a hunt for you this week, then next week there may be!

Below is the plan for our Journey to 150 Quest implementation! The scheduled was updated significantly to get the later levels setup much earlier!

• July 5: 70-95 Alarms
  • July 12: 90-110 Desert Wolf & 115-130 Ragged Zombie & 135-150 Cecil Damon you better adjust your lvls so the people that are between 110-115 can turn in and 135-135 can turn in this week
  • July 19: 70-95 & 105-120 & 125-140 have to wait another damn week.
  • July 26: 90-110 & 115-130 135-150
  • Aug 2: 70-95 & 105-120 & 125-140
  • Aug 9: 90-110 & 115-130 & 135-150
  • Aug 16: 70-95 & 105-120 & 125-140
  • Aug 23: 90-110 & 115-130 & 135-150
  • Aug 30: 70-95 & 105-120 & 125-140
As with anything new, we will be looking at ordered feedback on the forums to see how we can best address the needs of our community while maintaining our implementation schedules.

Cant belive they did it again after such a bad thing were said the first time they skipped lvls for turn ins. Get this fixed right away please.

#2 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

July 12: 90-110 Desert Wolf & 115-130 Ragged Zombie & 135-150 Cecil Damon

Oh cool. Now I can lose more exp then I gain in bio 3... {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.} Thank god we have scaraba lol.

Edited by Alyst, 12 July 2011 - 06:32 PM.

#3 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

The thing I like on these level ranges is: "Everyone doing the quest can even-share".

And about zombies... I would prefer Slaughters, not Ragged.

And about removing the tiers... If these quests are going to be permanent, why to care about which week is each one? Just follow the wind~

#4 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

Oh cool. Now I can lose more exp then I gain in bio 3... {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.} Thank god we have scaraba lol.

I agree. Bio3? I'd prefer Scaraba too!

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

I think I'll need 10 AB's heal spamming me on Bio3 since I'm a squishy Warlock. :D

#6 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

[*]July 5: 70-95 Alarms[*]July 12: 90-110 Desert Wolf & 115-130 Ragged Zombie & 135-150 Cecil Damon

Ugh I hat the fact that I'm BETWEEN the gap >.>
make Cecil Damon from 130-150 and Ragged Zombies from 115-130. That way people that are between doesn't have to miss out on these events...

Edited by SirDillhole, 12 July 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

Cecil's huh...talk about playing RO on hard lunatic mode

#8 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

They should make Ragged Zombies 110-135 ( or 110-130 and make Snipers 130-150 ). :< I'm just a couple levels out of range, and it's so unfair because I level there normally! :/ I also need to level my damn AB, but it's hard to since it's never in range for turn in events I can actually do and enjoy. Turn ins get me motivated to level it, otherwise, it sits there because it's too damn hard to get a party or a tank. I get the share party thing but, ugh. Guess I'll just be a warp slave there for people who actually can do it. ><

#9 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

Ragnarok Online Oh here is a riddle for all your questers: "What do Desert Wolves, Nameless Island and Dragons all have in common?"

...................................... Cecil Damon = Dragon?

#10 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

Guys we have been through this before... The reason why there is a level gap is so that you can progress through the weeks.

#11 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

Wow Cecils lol. There will be like 1 party doing that turnin for the whole week. Everyone else somewhere else.

#12 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

I know for sure that unless the turn in gave at least 50k exp per Cecil before any modifiers, there is absolutely no reason to go to such a dangerous place. <.<

#13 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

No, there is a plan and it is going ot be implemented, if you have all characters that sadly fit outside the realm of these turnins, I am truly sorry, but expanding the levels defeats the point as the areas are designed for the levels and the wider it is the more negative side effects there are.

Every week a new cycle appears, once we have a enough of these in the books so we have a library of these quests working and all the kinks worked out with their implementation then we can start mixing and matching more of them at 1 time.

#14 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

Ragnarok Online Oh here is a riddle for all your questers: "What do Desert Wolves, Nameless Island and Dragons all have in common?"

...................................... Cecil Damon = Dragon?

The correct answer was Matt Damon

Or they all will be involved in Turnin quests soon.

#15 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

No, there is a plan and it is going ot be implemented, if you have all characters that sadly fit outside the realm of these turnins, I am truly sorry, but expanding the levels defeats the point as the areas are designed for the levels and the wider it is the more negative side effects there are.

Every week a new cycle appears, once we have a enough of these in the books so we have a library of these quests working and all the kinks worked out with their implementation then we can start mixing and matching more of them at 1 time.

:< I'd like to say, that really the only reason I'm speaking out at it personally is because I play an ME AB and I've always wanted a Nameless turn in to do, so naturally I'd be very disappointed that I'm out of range. But, I do also realized that I could just help people in who can do the quest that are in range with me and try to get to 115 to do the quest. It was just a personal disappointing blow for me, but I guess I can find solutions around it.

I'd really like to see a Nameless quest that my AB is in range of one day. I'd like to actually use my real purpose for making it in the turn ins instead of being a mindless slave. It's very tiresome, imo.

Oh well. I could enjoy the rest of this week chilling in the sun and not worrying about some silly turn ins. :>

#16 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

:< I'd like to say, that really the only reason I'm speaking out at it personally is because I play an ME AB and I've always wanted a Nameless turn in to do, so naturally I'd be very disappointed that I'm out of range. But, I do also realized that I could just help people in who can do the quest that are in range with me and try to get to 115 to do the quest. It was just a personal disappointing blow for me, but I guess I can find solutions around it.

I'd really like to see a Nameless quest that my AB is in range of one day. I'd like to actually use my real purpose for making it in the turn ins instead of being a mindless slave. It's very tiresome, imo.

Oh well. I could enjoy the rest of this week chilling in the sun and not worrying about some silly turn ins. :>

I told you I'd party you you dork, sun must be getting to you on the beach cause you forgot Posted Image

#17 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

I told you I'd party you you dork, sun must be getting to you on the beach cause you forgot Posted Image

lol. That, or I got hit in the head by too many waves. xD I'll have to hit you up for a party in my downtime then, if the waves don't knock my memory away again.

#18 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

lol. That, or I got hit in the head by too many waves. xD I'll have to hit you up for a party in my downtime then, if the waves don't knock my memory away again.

That or the overwhelming heat we're having right now Posted Image

#19 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

The correct answer was Matt Damon

Or they all will be involved in Turnin quests soon.

lol!

Okay :D

#20 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

Cecil Damon is kinda random, and it's quite odd how they chose only one of the six monsters on the map. Well I guess it'd really encourage partying someone for pneuma. Eh, the thing is insane to pull though, and in most likelihood, everyone is just going to lose more exp than gain exp there. I suppose it's better than nothing, but it probably is next to nothing.

I'd like to see the no-death-penalty event go on like before if they ever choose to do turn-ins at bio3. Even then I don't see bio3 being worth it for almost anyone without turnins for all monsters on map at the same time.

Other than that, thanks for desert wolves and ragged zombie turn in.

#21 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

Even if there were turnins for every bio3 monster implemented this would still be a silly implementation. They are extremely dangerous and afford only 2x the Exp from monsters in bio2. Considering we only have access to 1 monster in bio3 of 6 different types, the TI's will be extremely slow. No one in their right mind will do this as the dangers of dying at that level far exceed the gain (which is better elsewhere with safe mobbing).

I'm all for a challenge but you need to change it so that the TI gives a good deal more than what these monsters normally give. Bio3 in the past was difficult but extremely rewarding if you were good at it. Now it is extremely difficult but not rewarding in the slightest.

Edited by Nombus, 12 July 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#22 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

Considering we only have access to 1 monster in bio3 of 6 different types

Totally forgot about this and the "ghost" monsters that give no exp nor drops with 2~5 mil hp. The turn in must be ~100k per kill before any modifiers then...

#23 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

As long as the Cecil Damon turnin gave at least 50% EXP with manuals, I got no complaints. =P

#24 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

Well 400x what Cecil normally gives is what he quest turn in will give + whatever VIP, Battle Manual, Job Battle Manual stuff you add to it.

I don't know the exp of that monster off the top of my head.

#25 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Well 400x what Cecil normally gives is what he quest turn in will give + whatever VIP, Battle Manual, Job Battle Manual stuff you add to it.

I don't know the exp of that monster off the top of my head.

I think you should add every other monster at bio3 (just the normal mobs), and possibly boost the experience gained from the turn in (+100%?). Because come on, bio3 isn't exactly easy (for most of the people in this thread anyway).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users