Are you kidding me - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Are you kidding me

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

Cybernetic, bios is not intended to be easy, it is the pinnacle dungeon in RO, it is meant to make you work very hard to pull out the items and EXP, and a future update adds more to it. Each turnin quest is only 1 monster, and we haven't been running this campaign long enough to have the library of other monsters developed yet to add more. There was a reason we hadn't scheduled the 135-150 ones until a few weeks from now originally, we did an expediting of the plan due to the outcry from the community (and I agree with the community wanting to want to be a part of the event sooner rather than later) but we do not have more "ready" we had to ready this on top of the 13.3 update.

This week is also going to be busy as we know we need to rework all the game setup to try and squeeze out a bit more performance, which is best done after a major update rather than before, so next week will have the lower leveled 75, 105 and 125 ones in, which should be good for getting those levels for sub 140 characters.

We do plan in the future to have enough of these quests ready that we can just put in a handful at any time and give options at those level ranges for that week, for now we only have the 1 option per week.

#27 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

Cybernetic, bios is not intended to be easy, it is the pinnacle dungeon in RO, it is meant to make you work very hard to pull out the items and EXP, and a future update adds more to it.

Yes, please don't make the game easier as its already is.

#28 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:02 PM

How is what I suggested doing anything to make it easier? Seriously, do tell.

Bio3 mobs barely give enough experience as it is. I'm just saying it would be more worthwhile if every monster in bio3 was on the turn in, instead of just one.

The base experience of bio3 is terrible in relation to the amount of work it takes to kill, that is why noone levels there at the moment and is why you yourself heim said something about increasing their experience a while ago.

Increase the turn in exp, add on the other monsters to the turn in, problem solved.

#29 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

cecil gives 10k base so 4m exp for 400 of them? 6m with vip 18m with 3x manual? Maybe if you started at 0% it'd be "fun" but certainly not efficient rofl

#30 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

How is what I suggested doing anything to make it easier? Seriously, do tell.

Bio3 mobs barely give enough experience as it is. I'm just saying it would be more worthwhile if every monster in bio3 was on the turn in, instead of just one.

The base experience of bio3 is terrible in relation to the amount of work it takes to kill, that is why noone levels there at the moment and is why you yourself heim said something about increasing their experience a while ago.

Increase the turn in exp, add on the other monsters to the turn in, problem solved.

That or remove Damons Charge Arrow of laggy BS, and Hwizs JT of ownage. Then it would be better.

#31 rikai

rikai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:31 AM

Cybernetic, bios is not intended to be easy, it is the pinnacle dungeon in RO, it is meant to make you work very hard to pull out the items and EXP, and a future update adds more to it.

I know you're very well-intentioned here heim, but for once, i've got to side with the community instead of defending/explaining a gravity position because this time you seem to be quite misinformed. Please don't hate me! Posted Image

Sure, there's an update in the future that adds more to Biolabs. There is also an update in the future that rebalances the skills of biolab monsters and the experience of biolabs monsters. They did this because in its current form, biolabs is a terrible place to go in comparison to... well... almost anywhere in renewal. You get 10x the difficulty for 1.5x-2x the exp. This is directly in opposition to pre-renenwal where biolabs definitely still posed a challenge, but the exp made it worth figuring out ways to deal with the dangers.

As it currently stands, in renewal bios, you've got a HUGE risk of dying due to the setup of the monsters being far, far more dangerous than pre-renewal because of the change to so many of the damage mechanics. Meanwhile, you can pop out to one of the other maps like Bradium Golems or the 13.3 dungeon now and get almost the same amount of exp in 2 kills with a much, much lower risk of death.

I know you've got good intentions, but unless you can perhaps pull that biolabs balancing patch out of phase to get it onto iRO, i foresee very low participation in this turnin especially in light of the new alternative leveling places. Perhaps you request it as part of a patch to give Biolabs 4F to iRO since it didn't seem to be connect to any episode update?

There is very little reason to touch biolabs. Your players know this, kRO knew this too and changed it accordingly. Hopefully you understand why we have issues with it now too. Don't get me wrong, i'd love to be able to go back to biolabs, it was one of my favorite places in game. My exp bar and supplies would hate me though, not to mention the armor repair costs... and the mvp avoidance dance... Posted Image

Note: I reserve the right to plead the 5th later... I may have gotten some of my thoughts mixed up in my sleepy haze, but everything seemed right enough from a quick once over. Posted Image

Edited by rikai, 13 July 2011 - 01:43 AM.

#32 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:37 AM

cecil gives 10k base so 4m exp for 400 of them? 6m with vip 18m with 3x manual? Maybe if you started at 0% it'd be "fun" but certainly not efficient rofl

Was thinking the same thing. Also is there still sniper insta spawns or were they removed in renewal?

Seems like alot of work for basically the same exp as a 15 minute seal 2.

#33 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

i surely hope you guys (GM team) have implemented data collection with these turn ins to see how many players and possibly what classes are actually doing these quests. i'm curious to see data on usage of all the turn ins myself.

#34 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

Cybernetic, bios is not intended to be easy, it is the pinnacle dungeon in RO, it is meant to make you work very hard to pull out the items and EXP, and a future update adds more to it. Each turnin quest is only 1 monster, and we haven't been running this campaign long enough to have the library of other monsters developed yet to add more.

It's disturbing how out of touch iRO management is with the game to think they could have added this without recognizing the extreme problem with the dungeon currently. A good deal of players used to enjoy this dungeon, but none go there now for obvious reasons. Rakai said it very nicely, but anyone who reads his post recognizes an unavoidable patronizing tone. This should have been recognized and avoided. iRO runs this game, they should be aware of such large issues as this without someone spelling it out to them; let alone wasting time on such events that will never be used.

Edited by Nombus, 13 July 2011 - 10:20 AM.

#35 Miraleth

Miraleth

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

On the original point of this topic:

I agree that the ragged zombie quest should be 110-130. Ragged zombies are level 123, so 110 is within the 15 levels to get full exp.

#36 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

I haven't read all the other replies, but regardless of whether this event sucks or not, I'd expect a guild leader from an active guild on Ymir to come up with a much less trashy/immature title for the thread. Way to hurt your own cause man.

To answer your post, though, I see nothing wrong with gaps in the level ranges or spacing of events out each week instead of all at once.

My only request, which I've requested before, is a raise in the EXP of Bio3 monsters. 100K base and job, as it was before Renewal, is not a ridiculous request considering their difficulty and new HP mod.

#37 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

two of my mains chars that i want to focus on are outside of the quests. 114 and 131. POO TO YOU! I guess no real good reason to play ro this week.

#38 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

Are you telling me that you can't go and get 1 level on your 114 character? I won't comment on the 131 character because I agree with others that there really is no point to the Cecil turn in.

#39 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

yeah i could but the way I get to level her it would take me more than half the week to get her to 115, then getting to the turn in would be nearly pointless. Not sure where to effectively solo level a wanderer. Why solo level? cuz either nobody is around to party with when i do get on, or nobody is in range or support. :D

#40 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

:D Tell D to load you up with whites and blues and go solo Magma 2. It'll literally take less than two hours with SR and no manuals. It's only 15mil exp.

#41 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

:D Tell D to load you up with whites and blues and go solo Magma 2. It'll literally take less than two hours with SR and no manuals. It's only 15mil exp.

ok made a liar out of myself, got a party there with guilies, was there an hour, used 3 hs, 28 to 65% :) and no i don't bug D for whites or blues.

#42 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

Ha, I'm more glad that you didn't make a liar out of me! Good luck on completing the level and good luck in NI2 after you do.

#43 lightmike

lightmike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:51 AM

Is it too soon to ask for a scaraba turn-in?

#44 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:10 AM

Is it too soon to ask for a scaraba turn-in?

I think it is. But if most monsters in Scarab are 130~140, we can always hope for next week.

But I prefer they don't put, because then they will put the VIP warp. And it destroys the purpose of doing the quest to play there. Then they use the warp, the turns, get out of the range and never come back again to the map.

And the purpose of the quests get broken. Instead of Father Time, put a Sapha there, that requires the Ring of Wise King to talk and get the killing quest D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users