Regarding Tatacho Card - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Regarding Tatacho Card

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

Hello Everyone,

In anticipation of the 13.3 patch, I was excited to finally card my Tatacho Card into a shield. You see, I was under the impression that the in-game description of the card was incorrect:

Posted Image

On other RO servers, the card actually gives a 20% resistance/5% more damage to EARTH property monsters.

So, upon carding it, I ran to do some quick tests.

The first of which is on Bradium Golems/Tatacho- EARTH property monsters.

This first screenshot is of my +7 Hodremlin Bradium Shield:
Posted Image

This second screenshot is of my +7 Tatacho Shield:
Posted Image

As can be seen I take MORE damage from them upon switching shields.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second test I did was on Ridewords, a NEUTRAL property monster.

Again, first screenshot of my +7 Hodremlin Bradium Shield:
Posted Image

And second screenshot of +7 Tatacho Shield:
Posted Image

So it would seem that the card does actually give you less damage from Neutral Monsters (aside from a couple outliers in the 2nd screen). While this isn't necessarily a BAD thing, it was not what I was expecting. I was expecting another shield choice for Scaraba Hole dungeon aside from Bigfoot.

Because the description of this card is highly debatable, I would like to suggest that the card be made to defend against EARTH rather than NEUTRAL. I did a little snooping on the internet via google, and found this to be the correction:

bonus2 bSubEle,Ele_Earth,20; bonus2 bAddEle,Ele_Earth,5;

Given the other new world cards that have similar descriptions (i.e. Cornus [HOLY], Luciola Vespa [WIND], Centipede [POISON], Dark Shadow [SHADOW], Draco [FIRE], Aqua Elemental [WATER]), it only makes sense that Tatacho be of an actual element as well.

Edited by Snewt, 12 July 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#2 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:34 AM

Neutral IS an actual element. I'm glad that the card has its stated effect because there's relatively little that is able to modify damage on Neutral element monsters.

#3 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:59 AM

Yeah, except race cards. =/ Off the top of my head I feel like penomena, and thara frog shields are probably more common.

I'd rather it be Earth, I really would.

#4 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

Was hoping to get some GM input on this; is this card intentionally like this? Why is it different on other official servers?

#5 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

Draco Card.

#6 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

??? Isn't that Fire? Your two-word reply is rather ambiguous.

#7 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

Ugh what the hell is wrong with this game. What gives the resistance to fire then?

Even the suffix "of Saharic" does not fit.

Edited by Snewt, 14 July 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#8 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

Sera: The Draco Card is the anti-earth card for the new dungeon. It's been that way in-game for a while now. I don't know what is anti-fire, or even if there is one, but I did buy a draco card quite a while ago in anticipation of scaraba.

Edited by Kitten, 14 July 2011 - 08:19 PM.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Why do you trust information from a site dedicated to illegal private servers? The site in question is very often wrong, and this is yet another example where it's wrong.

The Draco and Tatacho cards do exactly what they say they do (in the description, not on the notoriously inaccurate database site), and that is correct behavior.

Draco for earth, Tatacho for neutral.

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 July 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#10 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Why do you trust information from a site dedicated to illegal private servers? The site in question is very often wrong, and this is yet another example where it's wrong.

The Draco and Tatacho cards do exactly what they say they do (in the description, not on the notoriously inaccurate database site), and that is correct behavior.

Why are you replying to me in such an antagonizing manner? Not once did I say I got my information from a pserver database. Honestly, it sucks that it works the way it does; but then again, when has ragnarok ever made sense? Very rarely.

Edited by Snewt, 14 July 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#11 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

Here Azzy, go fix this thread.

http://forums.warppo...their-function/

All that information is wrong.

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

Why are you replying to me in such an antagonizing manner? Not once did I say I got my information from a pserver database. Honestly, it sucks that it works the way it does; but then again, when has ragnarok ever made sense? Very rarely.

Well, you copy/pasted pserver code from the site into your post...

I also don't see the problem with the way it works now. Nothing in RO is logically consistent. I gave up on expecting logic from RO years ago.
A card that works vs neutral element monsters is good - it fills a gap in the selection of available cards.
And we have a elemental shield card that works vs earth monsters, Draco card.
We don't need an elemental shield card for fire, because there's only one place you'd really want such a card (thors), and everything there is both formless and boss, giving two alternative shields to wear.

#13 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:16 PM

That is exactly the point I made for the neutral card- could use it in KH dungeon or Rachel Sanc- whoopdee do (hell, or cranial are more readily available). I got that code from a database that had a bunch of different RO servers listed under it (kRO, jRO, etc.)

It will make more sense for me for tatacho to be earth as they are an EARTH monster. Draco is earth too but they use a fire skill- dragons breathe fire so that makes more sense to me as well. But like I said, this game usually makes no sense. Still, I find it awkward that other servers (us included) choose to translate something differently.

#14 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

...question..Does this card work in PVP??? Vs Human....??

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

I question whether that's actually the effect on kRO/jRO, or whether there was one source that reported the effect incorrectly, and stated that that was the effect on those servers, and everyone wrote that down (since kRO requires KSSN and jRO doesn't let gaijins play, it's hard for most people to verify item effects on those servers).

I also fixed tatacho card on the card effect thread.

It should work in PVP, provided the player is of the right element (based on ele armor).

#16 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

The effects we have for them were given to us by kRO. We didn't just make up the special effects of the cards. While I do note your thoughts on changing its effect it isn't something that we plan on doing just off hand.

#17 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

This thread is in dire need of epic facepalms. Or rather, the responses.

I remember reading about these cards when they just got on kRO sakray in irowiki forums.
My thoughts were along the lines of:

"Oh! Nice, now there is also anti-element Cards for shields :D

Whoa, it always gets me by surprise, how they have just the proper element monsters scattered around from recent updates to distribute a set of cards over.
So the holy unicorn gives a holy resist card, the dark shadow a dark one, the aqua elemental against water, the venomous centipede against poison.."

Now, I'm pretty sure none of them was neutral.
You know, that would stick out like anti-demi-human equip or something.
One of the well known elements would be missing on the list too.

Well
It might be that the cards got changed without any notice, but that seems just as weird as if it was a mistake.
Someone with access to other official servers find out I guess... or lets just laugh at Snewt for trying to point out things that are obviously abnormal?

:angry:

Heim, Snewt aint saying you should change it for anyones benefit or whatever reasons, but rather that it seemingly got to us not as gravity korea had it in mind (and oh my god it would be the first time there is a bug in this game), just in case.

Found the kro maint thread
http://forums.irowik...81&postcount=64
2 years ago... holy crap RO is way slower than I had in mind.

Edited by Charon, 22 December 2011 - 03:38 PM.

#18 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

I didn't need this thread to be bumped +_+ I just used it as a reference. It's fine the way it is, I just wish I had known it a tad sooner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users