RK Ferus alt. colors? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

RK Ferus alt. colors?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:06 AM

deleted post in 5... 4...

#27 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:42 AM

I'm just saying what's on many minds.

In bigger letters than normal.

Don't stop the process of getting answers.

#28 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

oh i dont disagree, i too would like solid answers. the biggest troll on this board gets paid to keep "working as intended" in his clipboard so it can be pasted to every complaint of something not working. "working as intended" is not a valid answer for any query, as what "intended" is supposed to represent has never been defined. the request of them to refrain from urinating into your auditory canal with the expectation of you to provide them with hygene supplies to cleanse their genitalia of that which remains is what got me thinking some random new mod on a rampage would have the whole post BALLEETED, you know, since one of them feels the need to delete posts of facepalm.gif.

#29 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

I nearly expecting the answer to the topic question to be:

"Working as intended".

#30 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

I'm pretty sure we _did_ just get new stuff - If 13.3 isn't "new stuff", i'm not sure what is. It just wasn't the specific new stuff you wanted. Apparently there is a big deal about the RK sprite. I've never really understood it. The new sprite doesn't look any better to me, though i'd like a colored ferus.

The GM's never seem to be able to get anything done on time, though... I always add a month or two to any implementation estimate they give, for anything.

Edited by DrAzzy, 15 July 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#31 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:57 AM

*Wonders if this thread was even noticed*

:/

The big deal is that, for example, not just that the knight sprites have grown on their players so much that theres a good chance they will be disappointed with a next class sprite, but also in this situation, they actually know an alternative sprite already exists. Don't you see how that makes them wonder why they cannot use it, considering it shouldn't be much work at all.

What I dont understand about the clothing dyes is,
if they're already limiting them to ONE or TWO alternate options, even though there is probably like 200 combinations for each class with just the original palettes used for the normal sprites, why do some of the alt. dyes look as awful as if they didn't even look at them after applying some random other palette?
I mean, if they already make just a single one for each class, couldnt they at least shuffle through the possibilities for a minute until they find one that looks great?

#32 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

It's always a question of personal taste. I don't think that any of the alternative dyes from kRO look aweful, I just prefer some over the other ^^
And they didn't limiting them. They just only created 2 alt dyes (except for alt colors that were used for other purposes). There may be more to come in the future.

#33 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

RO is mostly graphical kawaii. There's not much to it if you're honest to yourself.

The reason people want the sprites for RK first, is because they look nice and have been available for over a year.
At first the gm's wouldn't even acknowledge them existing, then we were given a "ooh, they are real".

Not we're just waiting. It's like those times when you're waiting for a package but it never comes.

The other sprites and skill balances are just as important as they contribute towards the full game experience which kRO enjoys, but we have been waiting a long time for some things.
The headgears now have been requested a long time ago, around the same time the RK sprites blew up for the second time, but we got those now and they're awesome.

Now where are those class sprites? I mean, an MMO is content based. The trick is to make content that is fun but doesn't end too fast, so you have time to make more and get it to the users before it gets boring, so the game continues to be fun.

With the current situation and because of well, the internet; we get the notice that "kRO has new headgears!", then six months later we have the same. It doesn't feel the same. It feels like you get clothes from your mom that was bought at that sale which gets their clothes from donations and giving people who want to throw away their old clothes but remember that store who take in donations and sell them to feed the poor.

Waiting for content is fun, you get to dissect the details and figure it out before it becomes available, and then use it or test it out once it arrives.
Waiting for iRO-content isn't fun. You're promised "soon", and you wait a whole year but see nothing. That's not fun, that's "So.. how 'bout them sprites eh?".

What people really want, is an answer and a date or near-accurate time of release. I think Heim is scared that if he announces the sprites to come in say.. late august, all the rk players will hold off playing until that time.
What I don't understand, is why Heim doesn't push to get the content from kRO earlier, by saying things that are true, like "the server loses much faith from the members because new content takes so long to arrive".

And it's not "takes so long to arrive", it's kRO's monopoly on it. I read about near-anarchy like conditions in Heim's head and office in his thread about change and Future Directions. So far, we've seen the turn-ins.

That's awesome. It takes work, planning and execution to make those happen. They aren't perfect or as good as we'd hope, but they are awesome nonetheless.

He also said that it was one of the first items on the list.
It's been like.. a month+ since he made that thread? I'm not sure.

Maybe he has a huge rulebook he has to follow in order to create his content correctly, and report it to kRO so they know he's doing things by the book.
Or maybe they are drinking too much coffee and reading support tickets, maybe they are understaffed, maybe they just won't get the files in an email attachment on Gmail yet.

Does he have to present an idea to kRO, no matter what he wants? Heim has talked about frequent meetings, maybe he lays out the plan for the week, what happened last week, what is he planning next week, budgets, kafra shop talk, requests, etc.
That way, everytime they want to do stuff, they have to talk to kRO about it, and say "We want to do this, is it ok?" and kRO has to answer them.

Maybe it's kRO that is slow?

WHO KNOWS. We don't get to know what our own GM team knows, and we were presented(not promised) with an idea of that we were getting content faster now. In reality I believe they changed the way they create things in now.

Earlier in 2010 and early 2011, perhaps Heim devoted his time to send emails about new gear and talk about what new gear he wanted in, because of all the lucky box events.
He has said that there isn't any communication between the one who updates the website and the ones who update stuff ingame.

That's also why the descriptions online and ingame are often really wrong, because the website-update-guy gets to hear "It's +6 str!" from a guy, but really it is +1, so he updates the website with +6 and ingame people rage because they spent 1500 kp per box to get a headgear that does only +1 when the website clearly said +6.

That is what I think the process is right now.

And honestly, I'm not going to believe anything else until I see it with my own eyes, because Gravity is like that kid who always comes late to class in school. And that year when he decides that he's gonna come early every day and he announces to his friends that he will, no one's going to believe him because of his history. And believe me, I'll be watching.

#34 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:04 AM

Maybe it's kRO that is slow?

Exactly.
And belive me, iRO is very fast compared with other servers.
The only server who does what they want and just throw stuff ingame without asking is fRO. And personally, I think it's just a matter of time till Gravity Korea get to know of this and will react... (I remember a P-Server Halloween Prontera on fRO which even had the p-server advertisment still on the textures XD)

I don't know why it's taking so long for korea to check the requests and answer to them - and why they're so picky about some stuff sometimes. Maybe because of the amount of different servers?
I know that euRO had huge problems on getting something accepted by Gravity, cause euRO wasn't in the hand of an affiliated company to them, but a license holder.
In the end, I think what broke the neck to the server after all. It's nothing stated, but seeing that Gravity Europe, which is in charge for fRO, got all the european licenses that euRO didn't had (euRO only had the license of Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Turkey) is a big hint to Gravity wanted to have all european licenses at their own affiliated company. EuRO didn't got any updates for nearly 2 years, even though our GM-Team asked for it regulary - until they gave up.

Yeah, bit off topic here, but I bet that all the delays of the stuff we don't get so fast is reasoned with Gravity Korea. That's also why stuff like sprites, dyes etc are listed behind more important things like skill balancing - which also needs approval from Korea first ;o

#35 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

Is it me or is heim kinda never around lately? :S

We may never get anything if we wait for the important stuff first, kRO is so awfully lazy with changing stuff around and testing anything, that it really makes you wonder if anyone there even cares about... anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users