QA for the Turnins - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

QA for the Turnins

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Marloe

Marloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

Is it possible for the Turnin NPC to keep a count of how many people have turned a quest in (how many times?) It might give GMs a more palpable idea of which events are popular/doable and which might need to be adjusted.

BTW, buying screenshots of people turning in the Cecil Turnin Today. 500k Valk server zenny per non-shooped screenshot. 1 payment per account (I only have like 100m left, don't want to spend it ALL)

Edited by Marloe, 13 July 2011 - 06:32 PM.

#2 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

We do have counts, and only the GMs can see it for obvious reasons. We don't have the counter on yet as we are still refining the process.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

Only 500k? D:

#4 conras

conras

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

By the time you get your counter running, the six peope who have done the TI will realize it's not worth their time anyways.

#5 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

You all are so pesimistic, we aren't forcing you to ever participate in our events, there will be more events in the future, but it makes no sense from a game perspective or a business perspective to make a quest reward so beyond better than the normal game stuff that players will only do the event and nothing else ever. If the Bio labs monsters get their rewards increased (EXP/Jexp) the quests will follow suit. We gave an option, you don't like the option, I understand that and I'm stating that it is the best reward we can possibly give for that quest with the current parameters. Continuing to beat this dead horse makes no sense, if you have an alternative that isn't just increasing the EXP so you like it more, I'm more than happy to hear it.

#6 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

Erm, I think someone already suggested such an idea. I don't know how realistic or pragmatic it would be to have the hunt include multiple monsters in LH3 (e.g. first LH3 turn in, all female class monsters, second LH3 turn in if you use that map for turns-in again, all male class monsters), but widening the scope of the quest might increase player turnout there...

Alternatively, you could just make the turn in for three separate monsters (150 of the most common, 130 of the next most common, and 120 of the third most common, or whatever), since players would have to slog through every other monster there to get to Cecils anyway?

Lastly, I'm not sure what was pessimistic about pointing out flaws. Granted, there was very little diplomacy used in the criticism (some of it more corrosive than constructive), but, honestly, I probably wouldn't have posted anything at all if it were not for the blanket statement...

<edit>*much of it more corrosive than constructive, looking back...

Edited by Anchors, 13 July 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#7 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

It isn't pessimism, but when you have an event I assume you'd like as many people as possible to participate in it? Then I don't see what's wrong in pointing out possible flaws and ways to improve on it?

On the Nameless turn in, I don't see what's the harm in giving the turn in to Slaughters instead of Ragged Zombies, except making the turn in viable? At this point I might as well level elsewhere than do it for a minimalistic reward for the effort it takes.

On the Biolabs turn in, it would be great to have turn ins for ANY of the 6 monsters, and not a specific one. All types of monsters are all over the place, and the dungeon isn't exactly a walk in the park. Couldn't it be done in such a way that killing any of the 6 monsters adds to the kill count?

#8 conras

conras

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

It isn't pessimism, but when you have an event I assume you'd like as many people as possible to participate in it? Then I don't see what's wrong in pointing out possible flaws and ways to improve on it?

On the Nameless turn in, I don't see what's the harm in giving the turn in to Slaughters instead of Ragged Zombies, except making the turn in viable? At this point I might as well level elsewhere than do it for a minimalistic reward for the effort it takes.

On the Biolabs turn in, it would be great to have turn ins for ANY of the 6 monsters, and not a specific one. All types of monsters are all over the place, and the dungeon isn't exactly a walk in the park. Couldn't it be done in such a way that killing any of the 6 monsters adds to the kill count?

This suggestion has been posted before, and no, the game currently doesn't support multiple different monsters for one quest.

Only way I can see making the Bio3 TI viable is by having it on a map that isn't Bio3.

Never mind, the daily limit would probably still kill the quest.

Edited by conras, 13 July 2011 - 10:03 PM.

#9 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

@Hime Please Increase the spawns in Desert wolf map. to 3x more.
Then it would make sense for people to stay there and level in even share party to help others get their kill count. and stay and level there a lot longer. Dont decrease the exp given per monster else it would defeat the purpose of increasing the spawn to 3x more.

#10 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

You all are so pesimistic, we aren't forcing you to ever participate in our events, there will be more events in the future, but it makes no sense from a game perspective or a business perspective to make a quest reward so beyond better than the normal game stuff that players will only do the event and nothing else ever. If the Bio labs monsters get their rewards increased (EXP/Jexp) the quests will follow suit. We gave an option, you don't like the option, I understand that and I'm stating that it is the best reward we can possibly give for that quest with the current parameters. Continuing to beat this dead horse makes no sense, if you have an alternative that isn't just increasing the EXP so you like it more, I'm more than happy to hear it.

How bout a thor 3 turn in?

#11 Alumni

Alumni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

Continuing to beat this dead horse makes no sense, if you have an alternative that isn't just increasing the EXP so you like it more, I'm more than happy to hear it.

Increase the spawn count. Make it easier than the four to five hours it takes just to do Nameless Island turn in with a group of 5. Most people can go, "Oh this sucks, I'll just go level in magma2", but as an arch bishop I can't do that. I've been looking forward to a TI my level so I can actually get somewhere, but even after slogging through NI2 for 5 hours, I only get one job level(All exp lumped into job exp only) with a x3 BM, a Job BM, and VIP.

Edit: In hindsight, I suppose the exp is decent for one quest. Still wish it was quicker. Guess after the 5 hours my mind as gone blank.

Edited by Alumni, 13 July 2011 - 11:40 PM.

#12 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

I don't think it's pessimistic. Just something that for the general population isn't very desirable. Maybe Heim's hand was forced 'cos everybody and their mom needs a TI to 150 (I won't deny that for my AB, I'm kinda in that bunch). It's a test, but... honestly, I wouldn't trust going there with just anybody for the sake of my exp actually going up (vs going there just to have fun with a group of people with no guarantee you'll level). I think everybody wants fun for all (and some people want easy leveling for their alts).

This would have been a better week to let the high-level players focus on that awesome new dungeon where I'm an awesome AB for all killers and parties desiring to kill stuff there with the help of one of the most adorable ABs on Ymir.

As far as alternatives to bumping up the exp, I'm all for making it multi-target vs just one target. All the other TIs could be done in as little as 30 minutes (for those in a hurry or don't have much time to play) and at the most occupy an hour or so worth of your time and can even be extended a longer time due to people coming and going (got to experience this in Alarms where people pretty much partied all day as people exchanged characters since no one's killcounts matched up). But making it just one monster to encourage actual partying, I dunno. It seems like something you actually arrange up beforehand, you and your party stay there for several hours getting your 400 then when it's done, you all disperse. I wouldn't mind something that felt like the old room parties pre-renewal. Since I don't have anyone in range of Nameless, I can't comment on that one.

I'm still willing to try Bio3 if I can manage to find anyone going. I totally wanna 150 my AB at some point.

I'm so sleepy so I rambled a lot, but up there is my non-pessimistic desire for something that I can enjoy because other people want to enjoy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users