twingod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Locationaway from R.O.S.E
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:none atm

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

People ask the devs to add a bug back in game WTH?

it was a fun one lol

#27 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

it was a fun one lol

+1

Best glitch ever was epic.

You could run super fast....

and you could moonwalk in a forward direction...

It was epic :D

#28 Stompage

Stompage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

so....mspeed gear is useless to me now. time to sell it al...sigh....i only used mspeed to do that glitch so i could make comics and get ontop roofs. why do they try n fix the good glitches instead of the bad?

and seriously, a weeks worth of work for THIS? i think the developers sit around and get high all the time. if so they shuld join my clan, OneLove :D

#29 CoolCat420

CoolCat420

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

The speed glitch was fun, why do they gotta remove the fun glitches. Remove the annoying ones first!

#30 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Zulie cap[ increased?does that mean they let the inflation continue it?

good one..here comes garbage patch notes again

#31 LoveSweden

LoveSweden

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Zep you promised to get the HP fixed this week, what's the excuse now? Seems like you guys have no trouble adding item mall crap seriously

#32 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

Zulie cap[ increased?does that mean they let the inflation continue it?

good one..here comes garbage patch notes again

they can't stop inflation... seriously - it's caused by the community.

#33 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:leonis

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:31 PM

so....mspeed gear is useless to me now. time to sell it al...sigh....i only used mspeed to do that glitch so i could make comics and get ontop roofs. why do they try n fix the good glitches instead of the bad?

and seriously, a weeks worth of work for THIS? i think the developers sit around and get high all the time. if so they shuld join my clan, OneLove :)

Yep, that glitch was nice for taking screenshots of certain places.. like my submission in Mini Challenge #4. :D

#34 RobbyKay

RobbyKay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

they can't stop inflation... seriously - it's caused by the community.

Theoretically the inflation should come to a halt sooner or later, as most of the money ingame originates from long gone patches with drop-rate problems. As large amounts of zulie can't be made legit anymore by selling to the NPC's, the total amount of zulie ingame should be decreasing with so much money going "down the drain" on refining, NPC items, event items, people quitting etc. This is just the theoretical point of view though, and I'm assuming that there are no zulie hackers around. If the prices keep on rising, it's due to the fact that there are certain people with immense amounts of zulie, and thus an almost endless purchasing power, who can fool around with the markets as much as they want. There's no real way to fix this, either. As I once said in another thread, a free market economy does not work without state intervention, and you can't really expect the GM's to steal their paying customers zulie (even though it would be necessary for the sake of the community). Some people have suggested "high level zulie drains", such as the NPC's selling ultra-rare items for several billions, but you can't be certain whether this would affect the inflation or not, as it's not a given that people would buy these. In my eyes the inflation has slowed down a lot on Draconis (I've actually seen some deflation going on), with gem/catalyst etc. prices actually decreasing lately, although this has been largely due to the 2x drop rate event.

Just my thoughts on another Thursday morning at work :D

EDIT: As for the running glitch: I didn't even remember this one existed until you started talking about it here! This glitch has existed for ages (they had the same glitch in iROSE/euROSE around the years 2005-2006!), weird that they suddenly decided to fix it now!

Edited by RobbyKay, 13 July 2011 - 10:53 PM.

#35 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

Theoretically the inflation should come to a halt sooner or later, as most of the money ingame originates from long gone patches with drop-rate problems. As large amounts of zulie can't be made legit anymore by selling to the NPC's, the total amount of zulie ingame should be decreasing with so much money going "down the drain" on refining, NPC items, event items, people quitting etc. This is just the theoretical point of view though, and I'm assuming that there are no zulie hackers around. If the prices keep on rising, it's due to the fact that there are certain people with immense amounts of zulie, and thus an almost endless purchasing power, who can fool around with the markets as much as they want. There's no real way to fix this, either. As I once said in another thread, a free market economy does not work without state intervention, and you can't really expect the GM's to steal their paying customers zulie (even though it would be necessary for the sake of the community). In my eyes the inflation has slowed down a lot on Draconis (I've actually seen some deflation going on), with gem/catalyst etc. prices actually decreasing lately, although this has been largely due to the 2x drop rate event.

Just my thoughts on another Thursday morning at work :D

EDIT: As for the running glitch: I didn't even remember this one existed until you started talking about it here! This glitch has existed for ages (they had the same glitch in iROSE/euROSE around the years 2005-2006!), weird that they suddenly decided to fix it now!

+1 On that post; well thought out and insightful. :dunno:

You should post more often ^_^

I guess they could help inflation by creating more double drop events.... ? :)
I kinda hope they don't do that tho... I like inflation... Higher prices = moar zullies ^_^

Edited by CaNehDa, 13 July 2011 - 11:01 PM.

#36 gusperjos

gusperjos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

how much zulie cap for trading/vending now??

#37 happa

happa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

~crosses fingers and hopes servers come up now~ :D

#38 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

One hundred trillion zullie.

#39 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:06 PM

Servers are up. Enjoy!

#40 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

On trade its 100,000,000,000,000,000z and on vend (assuming they didn't set a hard cap) it's 18,446,744,073,709,551,615. (264)

I have removed the 32-bit limitations from vendor stores, this should be available in the next patch (if not, the following week).

Update: 32-bit limitations have also been removed from the Trade window for the next patch. The maximum zulie allowance in trade has been increased from 1,000,000,000z to 100,000,000,000,000,000z.

#41 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:11 PM

On trade its 100,000,000,000,000,000z and on vend (assuming they didn't set a hard cap) it's 18,446,744,073,709,551,615. (264)

o... It's one hundred quadrillion then... epic :D (apparently I missed 3 0's the first time I counted Genesis' post)

Edited by CaNehDa, 13 July 2011 - 11:12 PM.

#42 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

It will take a while to push the inflation to that high.

#43 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

and seriously, a weeks worth of work for THIS? i think the developers sit around and get high all the time. if so they shuld join my clan, OneLove :)

xD its all medicinal man, you know its legal in Cali :D

#44 RobbyKay

RobbyKay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

+1 On that post; well thought out and insightful. :dunno:

You should post more often ^_^

I guess they could help inflation by creating more double drop events.... ? :)
I kinda hope they don't do that tho... I like inflation... Higher prices = moar zullies ^_^

Maybe, but there's the danger that if we have too much of a certain item (for example Lisent Hg or Essence), it will get harder and harder to sell them, as the supply would eventually overpower the demand (theres only a certain amount of gems and +15 EQ needed per active player). This would lead to a stagnation of some kind, as nothing could be sold anymore with excess amounts of material ingame. Ofcourse this would lead to deflation as the prices eventually would decrease, but it would also mean that it would be harder for new players to acquire zulie, whilst the rich players could just farm the required materials themselves and keep their zulie in their bank. This, eventually, would lead do deflation in material/gem prices, but as the rich people would now have more of their zulie to spend it might also lead to an inflation in EQ prices, such as UW items (as good EQ can't be achieved from drops).

There's also the danger that even with an overflow of chemicals, for example, the gem prices wouldn't drop. This would be due to the fact that artisans will always be the ones who price their gems, and if they form a cartel of some kind (which would make sense if they wanted to maximize their profit, this is also why state intervention is required in real life!) they could keep on selling their gems at high prices whilst chemical prices would keep on decreasing. But from what I've seen on Draconis, there are a significant amount of people (who read these forums) who are doing their best to break these cartels.

Hope that this made some sense, I'll try to think this out better during the day, kind of hard to write it all down whilst trying to figure the problems out! :D

Edited by RobbyKay, 14 July 2011 - 12:10 AM.

#45 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

:D

#46 RobbyKay

RobbyKay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

To make it simple:

The problem in itself is not the inflation. The real problem is that zulie (billions of zulie apparently) could be made before due to messed up drop rates (stacks of cart schematics sold to the NPC etc.). As there's no way for new players to do this anymore, the wealth distribution is permanently distorted. There's no sensible way to fix this, and thus "fixing" the inflation is an extremely hard task. In other words, you can't expect the GM's/developers to solve this problem. Messed up economies are almost impossible to fix (this should be self-evident with the financial crisis going on), and they'll always require some third-party's aid. Thus, the only way to fix the inflation would be to tax the rich (and only the rich) people somehow, but this would lead to an angered community and Gravity might lose some paying customers, so this wont happen.

We'll just have to do our best, as a community, to make sure that the new players wont be startled by the crazy prices.

Edited by RobbyKay, 14 July 2011 - 12:13 AM.

#47 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

lol its good glitches/bugs is fixed.
i think the developers don't know what to do anymore
one day everybody is angry that there must be some bugs fixed.
NOW THEY FIX SOME BUGS and now people dont want it LOL
:D

#48 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:13 AM

Maybe, but there's the danger that if we have too much of a certain item (for example Lisent Hg or Essence), it will get harder and harder to sell them, as the supply would eventually overpower the demand (theres only a certain amount of gems and +15 EQ needed per active player). This would lead to a stagnation of some kind, as nothing could be sold anymore with excess amounts of material ingame. Ofcourse this would lead to deflation as the prices eventually would decrease, but it would also mean that it would be harder for new players to acquire zulie, whilst the rich players could just farm the required materials themselves and keep their zulie in their bank. This, eventually, would lead do deflation in material/gem prices, but as the rich people would now have more of their zulie to spend it might also lead to an inflation in EQ prices, such as UW items (as good EQ can't be achieved from drops).

There's also the danger that even with an overflow of chemicals, for example, the gem prices wouldn't drop. This would be due to the fact that artisans will always be the ones who price their gems, and if they form a cartel of some kind (which would make sense if they wanted to maximize their profit, this is also why state intervention is required in real life!) they could keep on selling their gems at high prices whilst chemical prices would keep on decreasing. But from what I've seen on Draconis, there are a significant amount of people (who read these forums) who are doing their best to break these cartels.

Hope that this made some sense, I'll try to think this out better during the day, kind of hard to write it all down whilst trying to figure the problems out! :D

To make it simple:

The problem in itself is not the inflation. The real problem is that zulie (billions of zulie apparently) could be made before due to messed up drop rates (stacks of cart schematics sold to the NPC etc.). As there's no way for new players to do this anymore, the wealth distribution is permanently distorted. There's no sensible way to fix this, and thus "fixing" the inflation is an extremely hard task, so you can't expect the GM's/developers to solve this problem. Messed up economies are almost impossible to fix (this should be self-evident with the financial crisis going on), and they'll always require some third-party to fix them. Thus, the only way to fix the inflation would be to tax the rich (and only the rich) people somehow, but this would lead to an angered community and Gravity might lose some paying customers, so this wont happen.

We'll just have to do our best, as a community, to make sure that the new players wont be startled by the crazy prices.

U're so logical and smart :)

#49 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

I'd agree with some kind of tax system. I think its a good idea. Many people have suggested it before so IMO if they added i'd be happy.

#50 Laprion

Laprion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

Vend is 9.999.999.999 so 1 zulie under 10b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users