So instead of a Bio 3 Turn in next time. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

So instead of a Bio 3 Turn in next time.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

How about a Thor 3 TI? Seems like less of a hassle then Bio 3. Plus I find it more fun down there.

#2 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

Thors 3 would not be that bad of a place.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

There's supposed to be turn-ins for months to come now, I guess, so I'm sure by the end of it every dungeon will have had a turn-in. xD

#4 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

I'd just like to see Thor be next xD I really enjoyed leveling down there pre-renewal @.@ Also I think it would be more popular then the current TI's since you don't need to do a quest to have access.

#5 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:42 AM

Bio3 would be fine if they put all of the monsters on the turn in and gave x2 exp each.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

We need more awesome turn ins. I was thinking wish maiden because it gets killed more than all the bio3 monsters put together! Just add in a warper, thanks

#7 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

dragons are only lvl 130 though.

Honestly bio3 is the perfect location, just the quest/reward could use some tweeking. Its the ultimate leveling place in terms of challenge, something fitting for groups of well geared high level players.

Give it a few seperate kill counts though and the right exp rewards and it'd be great.

ps: let players turn quests in BEFORE the 23 hour timer, not after.........

#8 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

what you people dont understand is that the weekly turn in events arent supposed to be "lvl 150 in a week" events.... they are just little encouragment to lvl on said maps, giving you a little reward....

#9 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

^ agreed, sniper spawn is actually smart. If they were to put in sinx or lk or any other classes, there would be floor camping parties all over. Walking is fun people.

#10 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

what you people dont understand is that the weekly turn in events arent supposed to be "lvl 150 in a week" events.... they are just little encouragment to lvl on said maps, giving you a little reward....

Well to be honest, pre-renewal bio gave enough exp per mob to actually make it count. In renewal the exp given vs effort got changed, bio mobs give about 12k~ exp when they used to give closer to 100k~. Even with renewal it really didn't change how difficult these monsters are to deal with. Not to mention the fact that Damon herself causes position bugging, same with the Hwiz.

I used to party down their pre-renewal and even a great party had a few deaths every couple of hours, but you still came out on top of xp you got in with. In terms of the exp required to level it's just silly that the mobs would give less exp then they did pre-renewal. I could see a 50% cut due to kill speed new levels etc. but a general nerf to regular mob levels of exp is beyond me.

As for the "lvl 150 in a week" comment, I don't think the community issue here is they want 150 in a week, but rather the cost vs rewards of these turn ins tends to be a loss when leveling at Bio 3 in renewal. As of right now Scaraba dungeon facilitates the leveling boost we want. It's quite easy the mobs give almost the same exp as Cecil Damon, and it's not to much of a hassle to mob. The point of these events is to also encourage partying, and right now bio 3 probably won't do that. Most people have shrugged that dungeon off due to the exp nerf, I don't even think on kRO they would exp'ed there as 3rd class pre-bio 4. The exp is just not worth the effort, which is something the GM team seems to be missing here. It's not about the challenge, but that with the current parameters they have been given the cost vs reward of said challenge is not worth the effort, and a majority of the community doesn't want to participate.

I'd just like to say the reason I suggested Thor, is in pre-renewal it was challenging. Even with renewal, the mobs are still challenging. It also helps that the mobs are in an ideal range to hit 150 off of. Not to mention the cost vs reward of the TI would be better, since its a bit below bio in terms of difficulty, but still challenging.

I could go on to quote average exp per hour etc, but I'm pretty sure the community has spoken on this TI, and I expect quest turn ins to be quite lower then any of the others before. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't even make double digits across all server combined.

I would also like to see more positive input to make these quests better in other ways then just increasing exp of said mob or quest. Going about screaming how bad it is doesn't help the situation.
So if anyone has any other suggestions voice them please.

Edited by Alyst, 14 July 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#11 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

How about a Thor 3 TI? Seems like less of a hassle then Bio 3. Plus I find it more fun down there.

Good call, there is some decent loot there too.

#12 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

I'd also like to see some input in this thread on other ways groups can obtain exp other then through TIs, or more interactive TIs maybe. Something along the lines of group quests that involve some mob grinding then on to a MVP type scenario.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users