Not to be THAT guy but - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Not to be THAT guy but

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:40 AM

Seriously , these exp turn ins are a joke. Am I asking for instant levels? NO. But let us break this down realistically

Desert Wolves , a lvl 103 mob , best level for them is 93. turn in goes to 110. What is this crud? Anyone past level 100 is getting GARBAGE exp from this turn in due to having to fight with people pulling/ plvling 4 alts at the same time. Here are some numbers for you GM's , using a x3 , on VIP , combining the exp I am only getting 7m a turn in. May seem like "a lot " but keep in mind how much you gotta give up to do this. 10m + the vip + combining ( so you don't gain base/jlvls ) This quest really should have been 90-100

Ragged Zombies , another horrible turn in but this time from the get go. 70 monsters on the map. Let us add onto this the map also has 210 SLAUGHTERS. I love the excuse as to why slaughters weren't used. " Because of the level difference ". 1 level difference is SO huge. This is another turn in that a felt also had horrible exp , as I stated earlier this starts from the get go. On a x3 ,vip , combined exp you only get 12m exp ( Which realistically is a jlvl at best , it wouldn't even level you a base level at the lowest required level ). This quest seeing as the mobs are 123 really should have been 110-120.

Daemons, too much work for the exp they give. I believe there is a post about how Scarbs are twice as good.

This is not meant to be a bash gravity topic but here are some suggestions for the turn ins

1) Increase the default exp to 1.5 a turn in. This is to accommodate for the lack of tappers , party boost , and monster level modifiers.
2) Lessen the level range to 10 levels. It really feels like you guys are trying to pick mobs to stretch the most amount of level ranges possible.
3) Don't try to make the monsters "better exp than you can normally get " but also don't make them " so bad no one wants to do them "
4) Encourage partying not soloing/leeching your alts. A lot of people are just soloing the quest because it would essentially give them x2 - x2.5 the exp. ( which makes the maps more crowded)

Edited by Musu, 14 July 2011 - 02:41 AM.

#2 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:06 AM

They should have adjusted the spawns on the maps so there were less Slaughters, and more Ragged Zombies.

And then with Cecil, they should have just removed almost everything else for more Cecils.

You know, sort of how they did with Alarms.

#3 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:18 AM

I agree that they should alter the spawn rate on the Nameless maps. I was killing a bunch of zombie slaughterers at the beginning cause I thought that those were what I had to kill since their spawn rate was higher than anything else. (that and I'm guilty of not really paying attention)
Now that I found out that the other annoying monster is what I have to kill, the spawn rates definitely need to be shifted around. Its going to take me the entire week to get one TI. :/
But as far as I know from what I've read on the forums, the gm team seems to be using this as a test for future TI events. So hopefully they'll make it better next week.

Edited by LemnzestManatee, 14 July 2011 - 06:20 AM.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

I have been quite disappointed with the turn ins, chiefly because you organize a party just to level for an hour (which only casual players do) and casual players don't do hard places that require well-organized efforts (thus canceling out the benefit of single day turn ins post 135 or so).

Really the biggest flaw is this is supposed to help people level, but it really doesn't. With the maximum EXP modifiers that come at a high personal cost (X3 manuals & VIP for example) you're looking at still a fraction of a single level (for some people < 30%). If the event is in for 7 days you should get at least 80% of a level per day I would imagine, that way with this quest and a little work on your own, you can get one level a day, that way the turn-in related assistance equates to 60 days to go 90-150. I think 2 months per 150 could be fair. Maybe, maybe not. That's a different debate I suppose.

#5 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

I was going to do the ragged zombie ti but i was too high... I think they were chosen as they are hard to mob without endure. If you were levelling there already then eventually you would get the ti for them anyway so you'd be getting extra exp for nothing. If you go there specifically for the ti then i can imagine it likely won't be worth it.

#6 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:37 AM

280 zombies... before we left the map because we were so damn bored.. -_-U soloing magmarings give more exp than nameless in party sadly for the 120 and down >.>U and I was tapping as a AB ._.U

#7 valgissn

valgissn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:37 AM

Forget turn-ins. Give us more 2x EXP!

#8 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

As someone who much prefers partying to grinding, I gotta say that I rather enjoyed the Desert Wolves turn-in (hwiz started it at level 91/64, is now nearly 93/65 after choosing to lump into base). I would take a half-decent turn-in over a 2x exp event any day. But it's true that there were long dry spells of just not finding unoccupied wolves quite often during the hunt, and I did see a ton of players with large autofollow groups (i.e. main + alts). And that was of course just on the first day after the event was implemented.

I really appreciate the push towards partying - I was already able to meet a lot of cool people just in arbitrary parties like this with each partying-related event - but, perhaps given the ubiquitous predisposition to/numerous advantages of soloing the vast majority of players have, somehow these events need to either discourage soloing or really promote partying. Increased spawn rates (and/or balanced spawn rates) would be a quick way to accomplish both. That and repeatability was what made high orcs/orc archers a success without the problems we see during the current turn-in events, but of course you don't want the game-breaking repeatability back.

#9 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

There is a thing I liked on the event.

Not choosing Slaughters make people stay more in the map. If the party is even-sharing, they get a "good" amount of EXP from the slaughters.

But then. Both monsters are horrible on Job exp. You need that so called Job exp manual to make their base reward equal the job reward.

If you really want to level job, choose another map. Some people get bored with the slow killing.

Edited by asayuu, 14 July 2011 - 07:30 AM.

#10 PhenixFire

PhenixFire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

Daemons, too much work for the exp they give. I believe there is a post about how Scarbs are twice as good.

This is not meant to be a bash gravity topic but here are some suggestions for the turn ins

1) Increase the default exp to 1.5 a turn in. This is to accommodate for the lack of tappers , party boost , and monster level modifiers.
2) Lessen the level range to 10 levels. It really feels like you guys are trying to pick mobs to stretch the most amount of level ranges possible.
3) Don't try to make the monsters "better exp than you can normally get " but also don't make them " so bad no one wants to do them "
4) Encourage partying not soloing/leeching your alts. A lot of people are just soloing the quest because it would essentially give them x2 - x2.5 the exp. ( which makes the maps more crowded)

2)I think the 15 level range is to match the 15 level range difference for share parties, so i'd personally rather them keep it at 15 levels as to not complicate the "party option."

4) I think the idea of a turn in is in theory encouraging partying because it's 1. within the range of a share party, and 2. You get exp if you solo killed them (so that removes the excuse of a priest takes 50% of your exp for nothing.)

I do agree with some of the details though, like picking the lower number of monsters, but since I level in NI it's like an added bonus to have a turn in on top of the normal exp.

I think in reality take it for what its worth. It's supposed to be an added little boost, and if anything another option to do something. They give warps straight to it (which takes out a lot of the inconvenience) and perhaps players go to maps they've never been before. I was interested in the sniper turn in, until I remembered how horrible an idea that is in general, but again it's an option for a duo if you can find a good sniper spawn point.

#11 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

i dont see parties.. i see some dude and his 11 alts

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

I really think as long as the challenge is appropriate for the level range leveling there, the quest should just give a fixed % of your next level rather than fiddling with how many monsters are on the map, how much exp each monster is worth, and how much bonus % the quest gives over those things.

Especially if you can only do the quest 1/day.

#13 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

In my server, majority said "ITS A FAIL"... /swt

#14 Exeter0

Exeter0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

Forget turn-ins. Give us more 2x EXP!

https://www.facebook...&type=1

:)

#15 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

Well we are going to start doubling the turnins per week. So if Clocktower was the focus it would be something like Alarms and ridewords so you cna do 2 quests per day with your group.

And yes Facebook got to 40k likes and that deserves at least a little dance, and EXP.

We are also updating the OPB OBB next week the 13.3 weapons (not the armors) will be in the OPBs at least until 14.1 comes out.

#16 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

Happy that the OBB and OPB tables are getting an update, it's been a good long while. I remember going through hundreds of 'em back in the day.

#17 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

Could there be slotting advertisements somewhere? Like the Kafra shop? I doubt I would want to risk losing my +9 boots with a 10% chance :)

#18 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

Could there be slotting advertisements somewhere? Like the Kafra shop? I doubt I would want to risk losing my +9 boots with a 10% chance :)

If you succeed at slotting them, the +9 will be lost, so no matter what, you'll end up losing your +9 boots.

#19 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

I am not sure about this but some one was selling slot adverts as a means to uncard carded gear. We dont have any de carding npc right?

#20 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

the biggest issue about nameless for me is that the other monsters on the map, namely banshees and flame skulls, make it very hard for your average joe to solo there. Banshees are significantly more powerful than the level range and quite numerous, and flame skulls will vex anyone trying to get to their ragged zombies with their neutral resistance. Of course you could always use endows, but still...

#21 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

the biggest issue about nameless for me is that the other monsters on the map, namely banshees and flame skulls, make it very hard for your average joe to solo there. Banshees are significantly more powerful than the level range and quite numerous, and flame skulls will vex anyone trying to get to their ragged zombies with their neutral resistance. Of course you could always use endows, but still...

http://db.irowiki.org/db/map-info/abbey02/
No banshees. Why wouldn't you endow..?
baddie.

#22 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

^^; I've never actually managed to get to lv 2 because of the banshees, and assumed it was safer to just hunt around the 1st part of that dungeon, but the flame skulls are still annoying.

Guess it's time to mix up some converters and give axe tornado a swing again.

Another irritating thing about ragged zombies is that they are ranged attackers. You can't mob them, and you need to kill 400. with all the other enemies in the area, actually even getting to the raggeds can be a pain unless you have a ranged skill. And as a mechanic, I can either do axe tornado or arm cannon, which is forced neutral and can't be endowed (I think)

#23 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

If you succeed at slotting them, the +9 will be lost, so no matter what, you'll end up losing your +9 boots.

WOW. I should just quit RO right now. That's very disheartening and stupid :) Slotting ads are practically worthless then.

#24 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:38 AM

Well we are going to start doubling the turnins per week. So if Clocktower was the focus it would be something like Alarms and ridewords so you cna do 2 quests per day with your group.

And yes Facebook got to 40k likes and that deserves at least a little dance, and EXP.

We are also updating the OPB OBB next week the 13.3 weapons (not the armors) will be in the OPBs at least until 14.1 comes out.

SO when are we getting exp>?? this week or next week, And as far as the opb and obb' are yall updating the items that come from there>??

Edited by digitalhardcore, 15 July 2011 - 04:40 AM.

#25 Triki

Triki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

looking forward to the obb/opb changes, but is the only change gunna be that u added the 13.3 weps and nothing else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users