Monk/Sura Leveling Guide In Renewal - Page 3 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Monk/Sura Leveling Guide In Renewal

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#51 zijoud

zijoud

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

If Carga is the best weapon we have access to, is there a real need for Iron Fists?

Thanks

#52 nikespawn

nikespawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Val

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

No, Iron Fist(lvl5) only need for access all other Monk skills. and mb use for farm last monk lvl on magmarings)

#53 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

what about GOH is it worth getting

#54 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

throw in a bit of stuff, might have been mentioned before, but,

Don't get trifecta 10, just get 5. 5 is better damage as long as you keep up the combos, which you should be.

Dark Priest -> Arclouze is the best place to 99, not magmarings. Magmarings have too much HP and take like two Raging Thrusts to kill at-level.

#55 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

so im guessin agi for a sure is useless for any build then

#56 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Incoming updates due to massive changes since I left ;O

#57 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

(Since this looks like the best place to ask about builds and stuff ¬¬ )

Copied from my post on iRO Wiki

I'm debating changing my baby acolyte into a monk/sura (mostly because first classers can't get the tier-4 Eden gears ¬¬ ), but I have no idea how to build my skillset aside from Sky Blow—and even then, it's iffy. Basically, I'm interested in combos but have no clue regarding sura combos or which ones are worth the skill points/maxing out. (This will just be for fun/goofing around)

Possible skillset (starting point): http://irowiki.org/~...cjN2nGAjSabfScY

Current stats: http://cloud.steampo...AB1CCB5F1D47D5/
^ That LUK will likely be reassigned to STR and/or AGI.

Edited by espeon, 24 March 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#58 xcrimsonwolf

xcrimsonwolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEngland (UK)
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

So there's totally no point in getting Agi... I've got a level 19 Aco now, ballsed that up. I'll stop getting Agi then and work on Dex and Str?

#59 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hey all just curious, is Windmill actually still useful to get now that Sky Blow needs no Spirit spheres to cast?

It's main purpose I believe from reading the guide was mostly to get spheres back via Energy Gain, but now that doesn't seem like it's needed. I know it helped a tiny bit with stunning but not sure that's worth the 45sp it needs.

After getting SkyBlow maxed is Rampage Blaster next to max and only then Rising Dragon?

When should you get rid of Sky Blow? It seems to be quite useful and cheap now at only 12sp doing 400% damage with instant cast and only 0.5sec delay. Compared to RB which costs 150sp, seems only to be really useful when u have RD maxed for that 3k % damage.

#60 Gwolla

Gwolla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm wondering the same really..
Is the sphere regaining of windmill+EG good enough to fill ur SP with power absorb for SB?

Btw, how do you ever get money for a +9 RWH.. its like 250 mil..
And since you'll be burning like a zillion potions non stop.. how? Just how?
The RWH seems to be the only item that really changes your game.
The rest is nice obviously but just doesn't have such an impact.
So any advice on cheaper, perhaps similair items would be nice!

#61 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Btw, how do you ever get money for a +9 RWH.. its like 250 mil..
And since you'll be burning like a zillion potions non stop.. how? Just how?
The RWH seems to be the only item that really changes your game.
The rest is nice obviously but just doesn't have such an impact.
So any advice on cheaper, perhaps similair items would be nice!

Incumbus Pet is a slightly cheaper option for SP regen.

For gettting the RWH you either have to farm things that sell well to make the zenny. Level in places where you don't really have to use to many pots and so can loot more to make it. OR buy it when it's in the Kafra shop boxes.

* I actually have neither a RWH yet or a Heroic BP sadly. I am currently saving up for them :(

Edited by EvilLoynis, 05 June 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#62 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

Honestly, with a +9 RWH, Incubus pet (not even a Nidd Garb) and Sky Blow, I never have to worry about HP/SP as long as I'm fighting monsters like 5+ levels lower than I am, and I can take on huge mobs. I'm sure it gets a lot harder later on, though. I'm only level 114 right now.

Of course, if the equips are too expensive for you, you can always just be an MS slave for TI parties.

#63 SVKnight

SVKnight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy own room~

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

My Champion's currently 68/22 . His stats are 50Str/60+Agi/50Dex. All his gears are from eden group. Where can I level this guy easily?

#64 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

68.....You can try leveling at GH (Evil Druid and Wraith) or Green Petites.

#65 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

Updated, more to come on tiger cannon leveling soon.

I'd like to suggest knuckle arrows as an alternative, the builds are kind of easy so look for one online. I personally only messed with the skill for WoE or farming Thors level 1, so it should still be viable. Due be aware while farming I was using a +12 Double AK Carga in thors.

Edited by Alyst, 01 July 2012 - 04:47 AM.

#66 Vies

Vies

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

So, I'm slightly confused on something. Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I haven't played iRO since beta. You said to go the full ride from monk > champ > sura. Did you mean aco > champ > sura? I want to make sure I'm completely clear on this since my current character will be the first I've ever done the whole rebirth thing with.

#67 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

So, I'm slightly confused on something. Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I haven't played iRO since beta. You said to go the full ride from monk > champ > sura. Did you mean aco > champ > sura? I want to make sure I'm completely clear on this since my current character will be the first I've ever done the whole rebirth thing with.

Well with Monk > Champ > Sura they meant to make sure that you Trans aka Rebirth. They didn't think they had to mention Acolyte as thats a given. BUT if you want the total path it is:

Novice > Acolyte > Monk > Trans (aka Rebirth) > High Novice > High Acolyte > Champion (aka High Monk) > Sura

#68 Vies

Vies

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Ahh, okay. I assumed he was talking about the steps post-rebirth. Thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated.

#69 SushiTei

SushiTei

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

i'm not expert with monk or sura..but can anybody help me to build a stat for woe??
my last stat is pure mvp :
str 110
int 110
dex 50
vit .....
luk .....

#70 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

You should add Kunlun Dungeon for a leveling spot, it gives much more exp per kill than magmarings, at lv 101 I get about 9-11k exp per kill in Kunlun floor 1. Thats with vip and the alora's costume box costume headgear. I usually lv from 79 to 105 or so in kunlun, maybe even farther since the exp is much better than most mobs. Not very aoe friendly though, Ranged monsters, and not enough big packs of them to make it worth it (though you can find some if you know where to go that the bots don't), but its great for most classes. Only classes that have problems in there are Sorc/Warlock unless you have phen/orleans and fast cast time. enemies range from 6k to 8k hp. For elements, Fire is ok in there, Owns the trees, and does normal damage to the rest. The tree's are also the ones with the most hp. Bears and tree's drop honey, royal jelly, dead branches quite often too (looks at about 1300 Royal jelly sitting in bank from leveling all my chars in there).

Just though I'd help with a leveling spot. Main issue with this spot is its decently botted, due ot the drops and abundant exp, Hell's Fire and her AB BeMySupport been botting in there for over a month straight now. Haven't seen them yet today.. maybe the gm's finally banned them after being reported mutiple times by mutiple people?

#71 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

My Champion's currently 68/22 . His stats are 50Str/60+Agi/50Dex. All his gears are from eden group. Where can I level this guy easily?

Metalings just outside of the south gate of einbroch are decent, but they also use divest weapon so can get a tad annoying, though all you have to do is log to char select then back in to be able to re-equip your weapon. Your agi is kinda low, so I don't think you'll be flee dodging anything much anymore, get used to using heal alot or spamming pots, or best thing you can do is find a priest to duo with.

#72 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Metalings just outside of the south gate of einbroch are decent, but they also use divest weapon so can get a tad annoying, though all you have to do is log to char select then back in to be able to re-equip your weapon. Your agi is kinda low, so I don't think you'll be flee dodging anything much anymore, get used to using heal alot or spamming pots, or best thing you can do is find a priest to duo with.

Or you can take advantage of your demon bane by going to glast heim you can solo pretty decently there till you reach 75 which by then you can do a bit of TI

#73 Brolleun

Brolleun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

The only issues I have with your guide, as I have yet to reach sura and test the leveling curve myself, is the lack of explination going on in the point distrubtion to the following skills:

RD: Rising Dragon
EG: Gentle Touch Energy Gain
KA: Knuckle Arrow
LR: Lightning Ride
RB: Raging Blast
GTR: Gentle Touch Revitalize
SB: Sky Blow
TC: Tiger Cannon

A sura only has 49 points to play with, and that skill list requires the Sura to branch out, and dump most of their points in unneeded skills, so what skills should they optimize?

Edit: If the Sura-wannabe is between 30 and 75 he should try to stay in Geffen's underwater dungeon for VIP players, or those who purchase the reset stones to enter, as the place is great for both exp and drops.

Edited by Brolleun, 23 October 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#74 ODarksoulX

ODarksoulX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

So for the stat build, when exactly would one have those stats as a Monk? I'm 70, and have:58+7 str, 57+6 agi, 20+4 Vit, 11+2 int, 43+3 dex and 3+3 luk. (+10 on all stats with buffs) So am I lagging behind or something? I already have a Nemesis and a stone buckler, I kill easily in Glast heim abby(Church) and I level up well in brasilis. I don't hold miss fests with anything but Mimics, generally.

#75 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

The only issues I have with your guide, as I have yet to reach sura and test the leveling curve myself, is the lack of explination going on in the point distrubtion to the following skills:

RD: Rising Dragon
EG: Gentle Touch Energy Gain
KA: Knuckle Arrow
LR: Lightning Ride
RB: Raging Blast
GTR: Gentle Touch Revitalize
SB: Sky Blow
TC: Tiger Cannon

A sura only has 49 points to play with, and that skill list requires the Sura to branch out, and dump most of their points in unneeded skills, so what skills should they optimize?

Edit: If the Sura-wannabe is between 30 and 75 he should try to stay in Geffen's underwater dungeon for VIP players, or those who purchase the reset stones to enter, as the place is great for both exp and drops.

Keep in mind that this guide is a bit old and there have been some changes such as Sky Bow not needing Spirit Spheres anymore, thus no real need for EG except as Pre Req for RD now.

Also Windmill was mainly used to get Spheres back via EG as well so not needed really now though it is good for the stunning.

Ok the main thing is as soon as you hit Sura you will be wanting to get Sky Blow Maxed ASAP. This will take you your first 8 Skill points to max. The main reason you do NOT go right for Rampage Blaster is for 2 reasons, 1) SB has 500% damage for 12sp with damage increased by the Agility you still have from Champ lvling. 2) RB does 500% or 1k% in Fury but costs 150sp. Thus RB is only going to be worth the cost ounce you are able to have max RD for 3k% damage, this takes 26 skill points so you can see the problem.

So your first 8 points into Sky Blow then get maxed RD and RB which takes you a total of 33 picks and job level 34. Now if you have REALLY good gears it is possible ounce you hit Job level 27 to use a Neuralizer to reset you skills and then just get RB/RD maxed right away and NOT get Sky Blow to save you points to put in other things.

I did that to soon with my Sura who is currently 108/29 with no Sky Blow and maxed RB/RD but I constanly am spending to much on sp recovery.

Here is a link to a skill simulator to help you plan your progress.

http://irowiki.org/~...ill4/index.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users