New Job EXP Curve - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Job EXP Curve

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

You guys were suppose to implement a new job EXP curve. Putting Job Manuals in the Kafra Shop, which are totally inadequate and overpriced, was not the solution. I understand your needs to generate revenue, but this is starting to get ridiculous. Is hitting Job Lv47 when hitting Base Lv150 really intentional or is it another failure that Gravity just brushed under the rug? If it was intentional, I won't complain.

#2 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

They're working on it. I think the Job Manuals are more of a band-aid then an actual solution, wish we had an ETA though.

#3 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

Same, 150 is quite the achievement when people are not stacking base xp. It's rather annoying that people do not reach their full skill potential by the time they have maxed their level. I'd even push to have more jobs provided to third class. I know on a Sorcerer there are plenty of things I must miss out on, and it would provide a fix to many creation formulas that take job level into account.

#4 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

I got my RG on job 47 at 66% is even worth to finish the job? Or wait until they update this? It was supussed to be intentional i guess.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

I asked about this at AX when the GMs were there, heim said they're gonna have to look into alternative methods to help getting job exp ;(

#6 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

I asked about this at AX when the GMs were there, heim said they're gonna have to look into alternative methods to help getting job exp ;(

SO ITS YOUR FAULT

#7 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

Or they could permanently have a 3x job exp event.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Global warming is my fault, but I don't think I had anything to do with the GMs being unable to change the job exp curve.

#9 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Global warming is my fault, but I don't think I had anything to do with the GMs being unable to change the job exp curve.

al gore? you play RO?

do job manuels stack with 3x manuels? havent been reading

#10 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Global warming

apparently its called Climate Change now because people kept saying, "lolz its not warming up its cold" in the winter time Posted Image

#11 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

1) Create short sighted TI events that make people pump base only to be competitive in the new End Game only woe.
2) Players realize their job levels suck hard.
3) Sell new manuals for the lop sided classes you made with TI events.
4) Profit?

#12 Saff

Saff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Restart : Odin

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

Yeah the job manuals are kind of a rip off.

But anyway, I wonder how it can be so hard to design and swap out a new experience table. I know there are a lot of strings internally they must have to go through, California to Korea, Korea to California, but I would hope that Gravity would see their player base suffering and actually take action.

We all know it isn't difficult, I won't mention the other "servers" we all know about, but if they can switch things easily, it cannot be this difficult or time consuming for actual game administrators with intimate knowledge of their system's workings to swap in a new table.

Putting job exp manuals is simply bandaging it up rather than helping.

#13 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

The problem with these manuals [The other problem] is. They ignore any other EXP boost you have. Other manuals, VIP, I think they would even ignore the 2x exp D:

Also, it's ridiculous... We needing to use a manual to make the base reward equal to the job reward. If they don't want to fix the curve [yet], fix the exp per monster. The endgame monsters give almost twice base exp than they give job exp. omgomgomg~~~~~

#14 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

From official description of job manual, it's supposed to stack with other exp modifiers like VIP and battle manuals.

References: http://www.playragna...x?i=203&p=1&c=7 and http://playragnarok....slist.aspx#n863

If it doesn't actually do that in game, I'd think it was a bug and those previous official descriptions the desired intent. Job exp/levels being harder to obtain (e.g. for trans or high level 3rd's) seem to be intentional in the original Renewal package given to iRO, with gravity here trying to figure out localized solutions that better appeal to iRO player base. It seems a somewhat common complaint, here, that job levels can take longer than base levels, resulting in some undesirable amount of "wasted" base exp.

Edited by jax5, 16 July 2011 - 06:59 AM.

#15 darkagentx

darkagentx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

Woah, they're not stacking right? I've been using both while set not to view exp and not checking... how careless of me.

#16 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

From what I heard, they got tuerned down from kro on the job exp curve.

#17 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

1) Create short sighted TI events that make people pump base only to be competitive in the new End Game only woe.
2) Players realize their job levels suck hard.
3) Sell new manuals for the lop sided classes you made with TI events.
4) Profit?

One thing about the turn in's is that I NEVER stacked Base exp on these. I ALWAYS went job since my guys are trans. One time I accidently let it split like normal but never did that again :)

One way to fix the exp curve would be to take 1m job exp off each level after 60 tans, and perhaps 3rd as well.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 16 July 2011 - 08:49 AM.

#18 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

From what I heard, they got tuerned down from kro on the job exp curve.

I wish they would just take their updates from jRO instead of kRO and most of our concerns would already be adressed. Job 50 3rd on jRO comes well before 150. Like base 130 I believe. Probably goes without saying if I could play on jRO I would be long gone.

#19 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

I wish they would just take their updates from jRO instead of kRO and most of our concerns would already be adressed. Job 50 3rd on jRO comes well before 150. Like base 130 I believe. Probably goes without saying if I could play on jRO I would be long gone.

Didn't jRO make their own base exp curve that takes a lot longer to level up with? Could explain why they finish the job levels long before base levels.

#20 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

Didn't jRO make their own base exp curve that takes a lot longer to level up with? Could explain why they finish the job levels long before base levels.

But they upped the monster xp substantially. It's nothing like what we have were hardest monster in game (nonboss/mvp) gives like 10k xp. Their RO is really nice. It's almost like they played the game themselves.

#21 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

This is what really annoys me. iRO isn't even really its own identity. We can only do what kRO says we can do.

#22 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

This would be my suggestion for the new job exp table. This would give it a much more rewarding feeling without all the "UGH"s (ugh sound) accompanied with the current table, and make it feel more complete and like its actually attainable. I have a base level chart too that I made, and the base/job would come in line pretty much at the same time. The only changes they would need to make to the other aspects of the game would be the xp given by the hugel medal turn in. That would make it too easy with a 3x manual to level. This chart would bring it much more in line with the xp that monsters currently give as well.

Edit- Bloody hell, it fudged up my chart, I'll get a picture of it posted.

Posted Image

Edited by Tkwan, 16 July 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#23 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Woah, they're not stacking right? I've been using both while set not to view exp and not checking... how careless of me.

Likely the same issue I harped about with exp rates, vip, and bm with renewal. If the job manual indeed stacks with 2 3 or reg bm, it wasn't tested correctly with vip, and therefore is "working as intended " or just not tested and here ya go. Haven't purchased any to confirm or deny it so can't say for sure... but likely since it happens every time a new items implemented

#24 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

I purchased some. It added such a paltry amount of job that I'm kinda mad that I used the rest of my kafra points on them. I was using HE's and Job Manuals while leveling Nameless 2 and the job EXP was only brought to equal or lower than the base exp value.

#25 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

I purchased some. It added such a paltry amount of job that I'm kinda mad that I used the rest of my kafra points on them. I was using HE's and Job Manuals while leveling Nameless 2 and the job EXP was only brought to equal or lower than the base exp value.

Unfortunately the best time to use any manuals at all for Killing purposes is only during 2x exp events.

Only other time to use them is for Turnin/Quest/Medals experience otherwise it's pretty much a waste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users