Is shadow forming others while they mvping legal? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is shadow forming others while they mvping legal?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 sendo

sendo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

so i see shadow chaser can use shadow formation on other player while mvping and transfer the damages he received to other
Is it illegal to do so? if it is, why this skill isn't disabled in mvp map yet?

#2 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

caaaause the gms dont play or really moderate the game they play? screen shot and report, next item.

#3 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

its alegal you can prolly go jail for it? ok

#4 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

I dunno, if both parties are willing then I guess it's ok?

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

If both players are willing, it's okay. If the person receiving the damage is not, then it's skill abuse. Screenshot (with your mouse over the guy doing it) and report via support ticket.

Shadow Form ought to be made to only work on party members in PVM, like other skills that can cause problems for the target.

Note that, thinking about it, this doesn't sound like a bad idea, actually, as a legitimate tactic. How does it interact with damage reduction, etc? What happens if you sac someone who's got damage coming at them via shadow form? This is actually a pretty cool idea... I hope it doesn't get entirely disabled in pvm, but it should be changed to only work on party members.

Edited by DrAzzy, 15 July 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#6 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

Banning more things from standard play for Shadow Chasers because of the chance for abuse is stupid. Shadow Form has some use outside of PVP and WoE, as does Manhole.

If it happens to you, report it. That doesn't mean it should be banned from use, and I'm sick of it happening.

Edited by Scott, 15 July 2011 - 05:08 PM.

#7 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Sorry but the report function is a burden on the gamers with an 11 of 10 chance of failure. Even if by some foul twist of fate, after your report and the same person is there skill abusing consecutively for weeks on end (usual reply time of an actual GM to show up on the scene) they get banned for like 1 day? Maybe even just a warning.

@ OP you did the right thing for getting some type of resolution to this, come to the forums and complain. If enough people complain with you, it just MIGHT make it into being resolved in 6 months or less. But in the meantime of having to deal with the nonsense, I wish you much patience.

#8 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

If people would play civilly this wouldn't be an issue.

They don't have these kinds of issues on kRO or jRO, hence why skills like this were never disabled from use on certain maps, other people, etc...

Seriously, it seems like every Shadow Chaser skill can be used for abuse. =/

#9 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

What about casting the Posted Image Gloomy Shyness Buff on a RK outside of your party on a MvP map.
Clearly you just wanted to buff their CS damage.

Surely it can't be seen as skill abuse if you wanted to help them out.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Daray, 16 July 2011 - 04:05 AM.

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:07 AM

I remember my friend getting banned for Asperioing people attacking Angeling. Reports were dealt with immediately for skill abuse. Nowadays, there's so much leniency for the people who get reported.

1 day ban seriously? Oh and dont get me started with the bots who get reported... Stripping their equipment, levels, and the items they hunted doesnt solve anything. They need to be PERMANENTLY banned.

#11 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:16 AM

Well, the new Gloomy is a mean debuff, and it might be already with the party restriction when implemented here.

Think about~~~~~Chance to Dragon strip on PVM~~~~~

Also. The chaser skills are so fun... But people keep abusing it here... So the fun gets away.

Shadow Formation would also be the way to make the highest HP class be the real tanker~~~~~ [RKs, not Sacrifice RGs~]

Edited by asayuu, 16 July 2011 - 06:17 AM.

#12 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

Banning skill might save the GM time in alot of issues.. But that kinder limiting the player ability in gaming.. Would be better if the same abuser be given 1 day banned for the first time abuse and 1 weeks ban for secont time abuse and so on...

that would stop alot of issues..

#13 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:25 AM

I've used Manhole to save my friend from mobs multiple times, so seeing it banned would annoy me to no end.

#14 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

I've used Manhole to save my friend from mobs multiple times, so seeing it banned would annoy me to no end.

On the one hand, there are examples (such as you've given) where certain skills can be used both as contributors to more effective group play and additional personal enjoyment.

On the other hand, it can't be denied that some of those same skills can be used to grief. Finding a solution that allows both for more interactive/complex game play while limiting griefing seems to be quite the difficult task.

Edited by jax5, 16 July 2011 - 07:05 AM.

#15 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

As far as I know ill-mannered actions are bannable xD

#16 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

I remember my friend getting banned for Asperioing people attacking Angeling. Reports were dealt with immediately for skill abuse. Nowadays, there's so much leniency for the people who get reported.

1 day ban seriously? Oh and dont get me started with the bots who get reported... Stripping their equipment, levels, and the items they hunted doesnt solve anything. They need to be PERMANENTLY banned.

Yea, I made a thread some time ago about updating the punishments for these bannable offenses. The punishments are really a joke in most cases, mix that with the slim chance of ever being actually caught or banned and you have an immediate disregard for the rules.

I reported someone that KS me and then bragged about it in pub chat, 2 weeks later I get an email saying they will investigate it.../swt. I'm skeptical that this person was ever punished at all even with words of confession to prove it.

Ban durations are a straight up joke. 1-3 days for people that have like 10 accts doesn't mean a thing. For one, bans should block the whole WP account, not just a single RO acct. Ill-mannered activity on one acct doesn't mean you should laugh and be able to switch over and repeat again until another 2-3 weeks and possible caught again. Punishments should hurt, it should deter people from wanting to even take the risk. As of now, just feels like punishment is char select and log back in.

#17 Fauxie

Fauxie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

My two cents:

People don't worry, GMs are supposed to be deputizing players to act as in-game mods in their stead :F :thumb:

#18 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

If people would play civilly this wouldn't be an issue.

They don't have these kinds of issues on kRO or jRO, hence why skills like this were never disabled from use on certain maps, other people, etc...

Seriously, it seems like every Shadow Chaser skill can be used for abuse. =/

Yep. Sounds about right. But this being iRO it SHOULD be under the same area of leading a huge mob on someone and letting it kill them(cough bio2 Ti cough ab sorc cough) but this is iRO. the gms are like the sherrif in old westerns that have little or no power or effort against the outlaws in town.

#19 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

There's something I don't think you guys understand about gamers in Japan and Korea. They, as players, know at what point another player crosses the line-- and if that line is crossed.. forget the GM's and god help whoever it was that crossed it.

You don't have these kinds of issues on kRO or jRO for the very same reason you can't step upto a Street Fighter II Turbo machine in an arcade in Japan and pick O. Sagat. It'd probably be fine if you're a complete newcomer at the game (which, compared to any 8-year old Japanese kid in the arcade, you are), but there's unspoken rules about things like that and it attracts some very negative attention. You'd get kicked out of the arcade, and not by the managers/owners of the arcade-- by the players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users