I Want a Refund. On misleading information! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I Want a Refund. On misleading information!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 BSandoval54

BSandoval54

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

Can you say cover up!....... The wesite as of 30 min ago has changed the item information on the Benevolent Guardian.Before it stated upper and now it states upper and middle. To whom it may concern, please reply to this post if you see this unfair. I spent 300.00 us dollars to get 24 boxes to get this headgear because it stated it was upper only. That is not fare and I want my money back. I am glad I took screen shots of before and after of the website and item description. Voice your opinon and be haerd! we must stop these misleading business practices.

Edited by BSandoval54, 15 July 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#2 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

We fixed the bug, the headgear has always been Upper/Middle if we knew about the problem sooner it would have been fixed sooner.

Don't start anymore topics about it, there are already 2 that you are a part of, just reply in those.

#3 conras

conras

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

Can you say cover up!....... The wesite as of 30 min ago has changed the item information on the Benevolent Guardian.Before it stated upper and now it states upper and middle. To whom it mnay concern, please reply to this post if you see this unfair. I spent 300.00 us dollars to get 24 boxes to get this headgear because it stated it was upper only. That is not fare and I want my money back. I am glad I took screen shots of before and after of the website and item description. Voice your opinon and be haerd! we must stop these misleading business practices.

You know, you could have just bought $20 worth of WPE, and bought a Benevolent Guardian with the zeny you could sell it for.

#4 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

and here I was thinking I spent alot on boxes @_@]
Conras has a point

#5 BSandoval54

BSandoval54

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:28 AM

We fixed the bug, the headgear has always been Upper/Middle if we knew about the problem sooner it would have been fixed sooner.

Don't start anymore topics about it, there are already 2 that you are a part of, just reply in those.

well , i just want the 300.00 dollars back for purchasing the boxes, and no I still want to continue playing RO, and I don't need to be threatned . and stop making me look like the person here, I am not the one that put misleading information

#6 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill with this.
The headgear is supposed to be upper-mid, and the GMs made a simple mistake; they're only human. And, if you spend all of that money on boxes, it should be your problem, not the GMs'. They fixed the mistake, and made it how it was supposed to be, yet you're still complaining over it. If you really hate it that much, just sell the damn thing and make some zeny. I'm sure if you spent $300 on those boxes, you could get some good OP gear in it's place.

Edited by Kagrra, 15 July 2011 - 10:33 AM.

#7 BSandoval54

BSandoval54

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill with this.
The headgear is supposed to be upper-mid, and the GMs made a simple mistake; they're only human. And, if you spend all of that money on boxes, it should be your problem, not the GMs'. They fixed the mistake, and made it how it was supposed to be, yet you're still complaining over it. If you really hate it that much, just sell the damn thing and make some zeny. I'm sure if you spent $300 on those boxes, you could get some good OP gear in it's place.

It is the principil, i have spend thousands of dollars on this game. I am not saying that noone is perfect, we all make mistakes, But in the real world when we make mistakes there are always consquenses for our mistakes and we must learn from them and correct them and make things right. So stop the hating, I am sure I am speaking for others that feel the same way as I do.

#8 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

I still feel as if you're making this silly little mistake get way out of control. Really, you should have gone about it in a better way instead of the way you are. You could have mentioned it takes the upper and middle position in game, yet the descriptions said otherwise. I thought it was just an upper headgear too. But the change doesn't make me want it any less; it has a slot and it's a good headgear with the right equipment. Also,the GMs did fix their mistake. They have a lot to do, especially since 13.3 was released at the same time as the headgears. I think just fixing their mistake made it right.

I don't understand why you can't go about this civilly. It's much easier on everyone if you handle things without making such a huge, unneeded deal about them.

And I'm not hating; I'm more annoyed about how childish this whole thing really is. Principle or not, I just find the way you went about it to be foolish.

#9 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

Terms of Service conditions may apply?

http://www.warpporta...ragreement.html

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

Terms of Service conditions may apply?

http://www.warpporta...ragreement.html

Unfortunately, I doubt anyone in here has read all the terms of agreement. :)

#11 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

This is advice, based on my knowledge of the effectiveness of complaints and what works in regards to dealing with the GM's. It is not my criticism of you or your actions:

If you'd like a refund, send in a ticket. They will not handle these matters based on forum-posts. If you get a refund, you'll probably have to have all headgears obtained from the boxes on your character, and I'd suggest not having anything else on there because they'll have to delete them all manually. Most importantly, I'm pretty sure you will not get a cash refund, WPE Refund, or even a Kafra Point refund-- my experience is that the best they can do is give you a "fair trade", in that, you may have all those items you bought deleted, and you may select the same value (In Kafra Points) of items from the Kafra shop that they will manually add to your account. This is what I think will happen, if you do manage to get a refund. In any case, make sure you send in a ticket about it-- that's the only official way to acknowledge the problem.

#12 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

Of course.

#13 lightmike

lightmike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

Running to the forums and complaining WILL NOT get you anything, much less what you're asking for.

#14 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Regardless of your terms of service. If this was a standard consumer product and there was false advertising, i think if someone sued the company they would likely win.

The OP spent all that money on an item based on the information the company provided, which turned out to be wrong. It's ok for a company to be wrong but when they are they should be prepared to make amends. Companies which do make amends for their mistakes are still rated highly but ones which don't lose the trust of their customer base.

Imo the reputation of their company should be worth more than $300 and they should just refund him outright and if it was me i would let him keep one of each hat and delete the rest he got (cos that crap costs the company nothing anyway) and if he is willing to spend $300 this time i'd try to keep him - he'll probably be willing to keep spending on the game in the future anyway.

At the same time i think you should take the advice of other posters and formally submit a ticket about this.

Edited by Anko, 15 July 2011 - 12:09 PM.

#15 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

They don't give cash refunds from what I understand. They usually do item exchanges instead. Submit a ticket and try to get the most of what you can. This is the item trade form that I was told to use when I wanted a refund:

Request Item Form

Unwanted Item:
Quantity:
Total Value:
Character Inventory where the item is:
New Item you want to acquire in exchange for the above:
Quantity:
Total Value:
Username:
Character:
Server:

Sidenote, 24 boxes? I thought Heim said the rate on the newer hats were higher than the older ones.

Edited by Pril, 15 July 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#16 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

I have.

And they have servers in California so Cali laws apply.

If they post up something on the website saying "We are selling this thing: Hat of awesome", stating it is upper only and it's not that ingame?

You can sue, if you're in an organization that are for example for consumers rights you won't have to pay for a lawyer.

You will win, as if they run an active online service connected to an online game and the website is the main information channel when it comes to presenting your merchandise you will indeed win the lawsuit.

If you advertise for something expensive and someone buys 10 of it; only because of the description of the item, you can be held for false advertising/fraud. Even though they are a small company they can still be charged for it.
Gravity is essentially breaking the law, regardless of what their Terms of Service states.

Your website is your main channel for information. If it's not correct then you're advertising for something you don't have, making money of that is illegal.

If you want, I can help you with the legal matters in order to initiate a lawsuit.

Gravity does this all the time, it's not "human error", it's "oh man, we -_-ed up, again.".

I am serious. If I buy a pair of rollerskates from any website online that has their store in the US, and what I buy is not what I paid to get- and I have proof of that? I get my money back, ship the item I got back to the seller and if I pull in a lawyer I can get compensation for it.

From the numbers of false advertisement I've recorded on Gravity, it's not a one-time-happening, it's often. It's enough to shut them down for at least a few months while we go through the papers, lawsuit, processing time, mail sending, etc.

And no- having in your Terms of Service that your website might have errors in it is not valid when it is not a single incident. This happens on a regular basis from Gravity. Their Terms of Service will fall in court.

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 15 July 2011 - 01:26 PM.

#17 Enkiadu

Enkiadu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

I'm pretty sure that's fraud, regardless of what their Terms of Service states. They said you were gonna get something that wasn't possible to obtain.

#18 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:36 PM

Most times it costs more to sue than what the original money matter amount was Posted Image

#19 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

The reason I brought up the rollerblades was because I just ended a lawsuit where I had bought a pair and had evidence of it being the brand and exactly what it was on the website when I bought it, and when I got it they had shipped some third-rate rollerblades that were not at all what I had ordered. They didn't even have that pair on sale.
They said that "no refunds, read Terms of Service" and all that, but according to law they were in the wrong. Being quiet angry at this I pulled it to court and won against them.

It's not being misinformed, Gravity keeps making mistakes like these and that's not alright. They are a professional company. They should have accurate information on their website.

You won't see Blizzard have wrong item descriptions on their websites. They are a professional company that double check and verify things like these because of what can happen if they don't.

Correcting the mistake is a bad excuse. No refunds? You're entitled to your money back if you buy something and you don't get what you paid for.

And they can't terminate the account for a matter like this either. This is on Gravity's backs, not yours. They can terminate your account whenever they want to, but it can only happen if you provoke a matter.

The main reason why I pull these things up is because I want them to be more professional. Someone that is serious about their work won't make mistakes like these.

One of the biggest things about buying headgear boxes is because of the stats on the headgear, that is obvious. Making sure that the stats stated are correct on both the website and ingame is one of the most important things they can check.
It goes before putting it up into the cash shop and before putting it ingame.

I was in the process of suing because of the arch bishop nendoroid, so don't come here and say "people who think they understand the law".
I've read enough and I'll take action if I feel the need.

But as Heim said, he would like the nicer "ask politely" method first. That is of course great, but not when they keep making "mistakes" like these. Those mistakes make my head feel anger.

Double check. That's what you need to do. And that's not the consumer's job. That is the person selling. The vendor, the merchant.

#20 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

I read that he lost over 30k kafra points. That's over $300. Please don't come here thinking you're all that. We spend a lot of money on this game, we buy the items because of what their descriptions state. It is to be expected that they get an item description correct.

#21 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

gravity -_-s up headgear descriptions ALL the time, this is not a rare occurance. every time a new batch of headgears is added or a new episode is added theres almost always some headhear that doesnt fit in the described slot(s). gravity makes no effort whatsoever to ensure validity of information on playragnarok.com, and i'm guessing because the staff maintaining the site has no access to the game servers to even verify these claims against item script or database entries. for nearly a year they claimed all in one ring could be rented for 500KP after it had been removed with the "hat cleanup" when they added the headgear dye tickets. after renewal, they lowered the valk price to 400KP without even checking to see if it was obtainable. only recently was it returned to the shop on valkyrie without even admission it was gone all this time. to top it all off, the item is IN THE WRONG NPC. i blame the management and business model for all the problems with this game.

#22 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Kafra Shop orders cannot be canceled or refunded, so please be careful when redeeming your Points.
Some Kafra Shop items can be given and traded to other players and characters, but certain items purchased from the Kafra Shop cannot be dropped, given, or exchanged once they are retrieved from the Kafra Shop Storage.
Purchased items will be automatically sent to your in-game Kafra Shop Storage which is accessible within the Ragnarok Online.

No refunds would be given. I also did some research. The OP never spent 300$. You all got trilled.

You don't see anything stating "Item descriptions may be incorrect, please check ingame and on website to verify your item is correct."

To check the headgear you would have to buy it and test it in order to see if it was correct.

That's illegal, even if you use money to buy another e-currency for a game, and then buy a box which then gives you an item.

You buy it because of the item.

They need to update the Terms of Service as well, because "Purchased items will be automatically sent to your in-game Kafra Shop Storage which is accessible within the Ragnarok Online." isn't a feature we have.

The closest I can come to that is the code redeemer, but we don't buy codes on the kafra shop and redeem them, so that's redundant.

All it states is that you can't be refunded for stuff you buy.

That means if you buy a box and oh no, you didn't want it anyways- You can't get it back.

However if it's a wrong description of the item- IE: The kafra shop itself was wrong and the item you bought turned out to be not what you purchased(as by the website description) then you are indeed entitled for a refund.

#23 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

i hope u alredy wrote a ticket for a refund.. since u have a valid reason.. They will probaly refund them in WPE point after they remowed ur item...

#24 BSandoval54

BSandoval54

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

Kafra Shop orders cannot be canceled or refunded, so please be careful when redeeming your Points.
Some Kafra Shop items can be given and traded to other players and characters, but certain items purchased from the Kafra Shop cannot be dropped, given, or exchanged once they are retrieved from the Kafra Shop Storage.
Purchased items will be automatically sent to your in-game Kafra Shop Storage which is accessible within the Ragnarok Online.

No refunds would be given. I also did some research. The OP never spent 300$. You all got trilled.

listen up I did spend 300.00 dollars to get 30,000 kafra points + bonus 6,000 kafra points which = 36,000 kafra points. 1500 points per box x 24 boxes = 36,000 kafra points.

I got 3 bevelovent guardian hats of the 24 hats I got. I am happy that of those 3 hats I got all three to +7 and none broke. The truth of the matter is that both the main website and the ingame item description stated it was top headgear and I made my purchases based on what they stated. I really dont want a rollback, because i made zeny on items I sold and upgraded things that I am happy with. Nor do I want my money back. I just want what they said it was top headgear only.

#25 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

This might be offtopic now, but well who cares anyways

Cydra, honestly you wonder why you get so many -1 votes?
Damn read your post and finally realise what kind of person you are!
No offense, but your one of the person in real life no one would like and gets ,,sorted out" to be left behind and not accepted by the group -> an outsider
You know why? You do not show any feelings regarding the OP. If I would spend 300 $ for an item and get it just to find out I got screwed by gravity I would definiatly want my money back.

Atlas is right, the professional person is the one that HAS to provide the RIGHT INFORMATIONS. If I buy something (regardless if it is real or nonreal) it has to be what it was advertised for. If its not its fraud. I can not say if this happes often, but if you get proves it happens often and you will go to court you likely win, especially in the US where you can sue your mother and grandma for looking at you in their dreams!

So dear Cydra, fyi I voted you down 3x times cause you are ********* (censored due to not really nice words) and I will do it every day now cause you :) deserves it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users