Past Events We Want Back - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Past Events We Want Back

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

I know lately we've been having a lot of turn-in quests and lucky box events to promote leveling etc., etc. However, I can't help but remember some older events that I would love to see come back. These aren't in any particular order or anything, just some stuff I remember fondly:

*Card Turn-In Event - we all (or at least a lot of us) have stacks of cards that are worth somewhere between mud and nothing and I remembered that the last time we had this event pretty much everyone was happy to clean out some storage spots since NPC'ing cards, even bad ones, felt wrong.

*Proper Town Invasions - It has been a while hasn't it? At least on Ymir it has...

*I remembered the anniversary event (I think it was at any rate) where the community got to write up stories and they were implemented into the game via a quest. I read all of them and got a good laugh or at least a smile out of them.

*Lutie PvP - honestly, did any one complain about that?

*God help me I think I actually miss the Brandos.

*The random mummy invasion of Morroc that happened when a certain number of people did a quest.

Beyond that, I miss good ol' questing. I really did like the past anni. event to get the crown though; brought back some fond memories.

Anyone else have an event that they would like to see come back?

Edited by Makk, 15 July 2011 - 05:10 PM.

#2 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

BUMP...yes pls... RO getting boring lately...

#3 SpicyRamen

SpicyRamen

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEating something in my room
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

I have to agree. I really miss town invasions...

#4 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

So besides more town invasions, what events would you guys like to see make a come back?

#5 TakatoReborn

TakatoReborn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

An upgrade event. Something to help influence +7 items at least, as a player in Valkyrie. It's terribly discouraging to break unobtainable headgears. =_=

#6 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

An upgrade event. Something to help influence +7 items at least, as a player in Valkyrie. It's terribly discouraging to break unobtainable headgears. =_=

While I do agree with you that +7 is the new norm, there needs to be a risk to upgrades just so that the items are worth the appropriate amount of zeny. That being said, don't worry, I really doubt there will not be another upgrading event in the not too distant future.

#7 KailasDierk

KailasDierk

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

I don't know what the original mummy invasion of Morocc was but judging by the name, it sounds like a really awesome idea.

If a particular quest is completed with a sufficiently high frequency, specific monsters are released into nearby maps for a while.

Or maybe a dungeon with a Boss / MVP on the lowest level that when defeated will temporarily open access to a special area in another dungeon. The catch being that it doesn't remain open for long enough to wing out of the first dungeon and get to the right place in the second (meaning that even if they aren't explicitly coordinating with each other, at least two groups are required to get into the special area).

If there was going to be a town invasion, I'd probably avoid putting it in any town that hosts a 1st job change. Even so much as seeing a mummy is quite likely to kill any novice or low level thief and that's just cruel on behalf of the event's designers.

#8 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

St Patrick Hat for next year, and add some events to get hats of older events.

#9 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a zeny event to get money but I don't know how one would go about implementing that other than perhaps modeling the current TI events after it except turn in the item drops instead for a certain amount of zeny, something worth doing that over gathering and OCing.

Edited by Inubashiri, 02 August 2011 - 08:40 PM.

#10 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I don't know what the original mummy invasion of Morocc was but judging by the name, it sounds like a really awesome idea.

It was fun, even if it was a little cheesy. I think it had something to do with a quest regarding Satan Morroc, but I'm not sure about that.

St Patrick Hat for next year, and add some events to get hats of older events.

Or an event that rewards those of us (like me) that horde event hats even after they're no longer useful for anything (I have a LOT of various kinds of pumpkin hats and pirate themed items)

I wouldn't mind seeing a zeny event to get money but I don't know how one would go about implementing that other than perhaps modeling the current TI events after it except turn in the item drops instead for a certain amount of zeny, something worth doing that over gathering and OCing.

I don't know about that. Inflation in RO is crazy, so I think another event to really sop zeny out of the game would be more desirable.

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

I don't know about that. Inflation in RO is crazy, so I think another event to really sop zeny out of the game would be more desirable.

Unless you're broke like me Posted Image

#12 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

I kinda found it hard to be broke in this game. Sure I'm never rolling in a bil or two, but I've always had enough to get what I want. Just tele around Magma 2 ->greed when there's no one -> OC - >profit.

#13 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Past events of slotted sunglasses rideword hats and 1-2k kvm badges chance per box :)

#14 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

I think they still want the slotted sunnies to be somewhat special so I'd doubt that we would see them come round again, at least not anytime soon. Rideword hats though, I could see coming back.

What I'm interested in chiefly are events that were fun even if their reward wasn't amazing. Don't get me wrong, events and quests should give appropriate awards, but I'm missing the sense of adventure and story a bit. Kill this many monsters, get exp...what's my motivation? Anyone remember the red coat invasion for the 4th of July one year? That was fun if not a little pointless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users