R.O.S.E. Season II - Page 11 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

R.O.S.E. Season II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
310 replies to this topic

#251 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

currently in hospital :)

For real? why is Yuki in hospital? I like her lot because she can walk the walk instead of talk the talk. What ever reason it is for her to be in hospital, if you can contact her, please send her our best regards and wishes.

#252 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

I am not sure where people learn to argue. All their argue does is proving the other side's previous arguments. If that is the case, why do you guy even debate in the first place? AlisiaMT, you prove Ponderosa's point of view beautifully.

Maybe you should reread my post.. anyhow I wasn't "proving" either point of view being as they are correct to whoever posts them and wrong to whoever disagrees as how opinions should be. I was just responding with my thoughts on the matter.

#253 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

heres a small sample of my "portfolio" and why making things "simple" for ROSE is a challenge. im used to working a more complicated environment

#254 Azumina

Azumina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

heres a small sample of my "portfolio" and why making things "simple" for ROSE is a challenge. im used to working a more complicated environment

Nice sword creation, Feuer. :D
Go Go Go... :)
Hope to see it in-game... just like Xenobite, Yuki's team did.
> http://forums.warppo...43170-rose-fps/

#255 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

Now, this is the real portfolio look like. This is why we like Yuki so much. She did not talk much. Instead, she give us her work. This is what I called "walk the walk". Her work is simply awesome. It is a shame she is sick. I wish her to get well soon.

#256 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

I would have to make that sword about 8,000 polygons less and take out the particle emitters, and dull out the texture with low res images before it could be submitted, all in all, it wouldn't look nearly the same.

As for Xeno and Yuki's FPS yes, its a great project and looks beautiful in the UDK software, however I talk to xeno often and he's disclosed enough information and I already knew enough that 2 things are appearent.

1. Adding maps and models [pre-existing] to an already built engine, it simple as adding files to folders an involves simple tweaking to asthetic pleasure.
2. UDK will not support an MMOFPS due to licensing issues, it will have to most likely* be ran on an altogether custom engine.

*correct me if im wrong but I'm 99% sure Xeno mentioned something about this to me.

All in all the point of that clip it to simply show I work at a much higher polygon count and CPU intense environment, trying to keep things simple is harder for me then making something extremely complicated. My average work is anywhere from 5k-150k polygons per object. ROSE limits are ..300-6/700 polygons an object excluding buildings. It's an entirely different ballpark. he highest render I did was 1.2million polygons and took 2 days to render for a stock photography site.

#257 Xenobite

Xenobite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

although rose style is super low poly and looks super easy but it IS really hard to get into the style

think of it like a music - 3d/art people are like musicians - each has its own style, it is not too hard to learn playing let's say some Beatles song, BUT!!!
whatever new song you make it will never be The Beatles song no matter how you try, and sometimes just trying to make it similar can be really hard

with rose 3d stuff you need to get "feeling" for:

- chibi/oversized look (if you make something too "realistic" in proportions it will just stand out and won't fit
- colors - you have to match rose color scheme and style - original textures are painted in tons of layers and that is a lot of work to get even close to it
- polycount and roundness - 3d artists always love to use as much polys and as highest possible resolution textures, complicated shaders etc, so they have to "swallow their pride" and start making blocky things - fortunately there is enough of reference materials in current game and you just have to look around for inspiration and "quality control" - you don't make things super round for example instead of round cylinder you make some 6 or 8 sides cyl.
- texture and detail baking - unless you have good painting skills and you preffer modeling all details - you can use texture baking to bake all those gazzilions of polys into few textured polys - and it can look great and roseish enough
- overal idea / technology to meet ingame story and look - because of way too many "broken links" in design styles in Rose it is a hard job to continue progress with new armors and weapons - you have to follow some styles that are out of place or you have to "break" few "links" and start with your own style or base it on some older stuff
IM stuff is less strict because you can do pretty much anything and it could still fit in game (I know everyone hates those scifi items but I still kinda like them)
you have to modify most of ideas to fit "crappy" technology used in game - wooden planks, metal plates with huge rivets/screws, bamboo sticks, rope, steampunk cross with fantasy and magic, still you can add some more modern tech stuff and give it a "reason" with some modification of story - don't forget that most engines in game are based on Mana and use some old looking stuff but you can't stop the progress (who knows what Spero dreams about and what weird technology comes to his mind)

btw even using programs like ZBrush, Mudbox or free solution - Sculptris can be really helpful in creating rose style textures with baking - you will have to keep low poly version of your model and create another ultra high poly super detailed version and then with some super simple materials (sometimes just basic flat colors can work) and nice lighting setup (using some HDRI and radiosity and few lights placed on right spots, also Ambient Occlusion pass can help) bake /render to texture and you can get pretty cool texture (at least a base you would refine later in photoshop/gimp)

it is really hard to follow old style and so far I didn't see anyone really getting into exact same old style

JRose - besides some nice IM stuff they have lots of bad recolors and some of their original content is just... not good enough
China? rose added some really nice armors but their style is "too detailed" and overal armor design is too "chinese mmo generic" looking
TWRose (changed name to Wish Online) did a nice job with redoing most of the content, some look nice some look again bit too detailed compared to old stuff
NARose - no matter what people say they are actualy doing nice job but still have a long way to go to meet the old look and standard (modeling is good, textures need more details and more attention on shading and colors) + definitely could use more manpower

another thing
early WIP pictures usualy look horrible and are not representing final look of ingame models

and a comment to MMOFPS - we are not working on FPS game and UDK can't be used for MMORPG type of game because of 64 players limit - you will need fully licenced Unreal engine with source code for such project (so it IS possible if someone will invest huge amount of cash)
and a bit about licencing - at first we planed to make PC game(s) that would be tied to current MMORPG Rose server
(for example you would have to level to 50 and have a ingame (in MMO) car to access car racing game, all cosmetics and powerups would be purchased through MMO IM,...)
but because of licencing issues that will take a huge "tax" - Gravity would have to pay 25 % of all IM sales to Epic and that won't be very profitable)
that's why we switched to IOS development and working on "standalone" IOS games based on Rose IP

btw Feuer nice sword, and it won't necessary look worse in game, actualy it can look way better even if you kill 90%+ of polys (ingame version) as most of details will still be there in textures

#258 Azumina

Azumina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

although rose style is super low poly and looks super easy but it IS really hard to get into the style

with rose 3d stuff you need to get "feeling" for:

- chibi/oversized look (if you make something too "realistic" in proportions it will just stand out and won't fit
- colors - you have to match rose color scheme and style - original textures are painted in tons of layers and that is a lot of work to get even close to it
- polycount and roundness - 3d artists always love to use as much polys and as highest possible resolution textures, complicated shaders etc, so they have to "swallow their pride" and start making blocky things - fortunately there is enough of reference materials in current game and you just have to look around for inspiration and "quality control" - you don't make things super round for example instead of round cylinder you make some 6 or 8 sides cyl.
- texture and detail baking - unless you have good painting skills and you preffer modeling all details - you can use texture baking to bake all those gazzilions of polys into few textured polys - and it can look great and roseish enough
- overal idea / technology to meet ingame story and look - because of way too many "broken links" in design styles in Rose it is a hard job to continue progress with new armors and weapons - you have to follow some styles that are out of place or you have to "break" few "links" and start with your own style or base it on some older stuff
IM stuff is less strict because you can do pretty much anything and it could still fit in game (I know everyone hates those scifi items but I still kinda like them)
you have to modify most of ideas to fit "crappy" technology used in game - wooden planks, metal plates with huge rivets/screws, bamboo sticks, rope, steampunk cross with fantasy and magic, still you can add some more modern tech stuff and give it a "reason" with some modification of story - don't forget that most engines in game are based on Mana and use some old looking stuff but you can't stop the progress (who knows what Spero dreams about and what weird technology comes to his mind)

btw even using programs like ZBrush, Mudbox or free solution - Sculptris can be really helpful in creating rose style textures with baking - you will have to keep low poly version of your model and create another ultra high poly super detailed version and then with some super simple materials (sometimes just basic flat colors can work) and nice lighting setup (using some HDRI and radiosity and few lights placed on right spots, also Ambient Occlusion pass can help) bake /render to texture and you can get pretty cool texture (at least a base you would refine later in photoshop/gimp)

btw Feuer nice sword, and it won't necessary look worse in game, actualy it can look way better even if you kill 90%+ of polys (ingame version) as most of details will still be there in textures

+ 1234567890.....uncountable :)
Thanks for enlighten, cleaning up his idea and art style, leads/guide him in the right direction for his project to be more acceptable. :D

He can not go arbitrarily in two week project and leave a message to us> "quiting post" + "I'm not playing ROSE anymore" + "I'm doing this for my own pleasure" after what he said himself and have got a (permission/reference?) from the company ?

And using Press/Community as a tool to force a company to accept a project.....could be really wrong idea in my humble eyes.

Feur's actions in posting this thread was actually quite intelligent. In doing so, he now has the press (community) on his side. Now if he has amazing stuff and Gravity doesn't put it in there will be a huge flame fest and Gravity will be forced to react accordingly.

Edited by Azumina, 05 August 2011 - 12:07 AM.

#259 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

small preview added into items spoiler.
Spoiler

just to keep peopl up to date that even armors will be worked.
note* the concept art was not designed by myself therefore will only be used as INSPIRATION of the set. Not a direct copy.

Edited by Feuer, 07 August 2011 - 12:02 AM.

#260 fadesurf225

fadesurf225

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationCliche Land

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

I liked the other concept arts on that site too! Especially the more exotic looking ones with lighter clothing. Looks easy to run around in. :]

#261 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

small preview added into items spoiler.

Spoiler

just to keep peopl up to date that even armors will be worked.
note* the concept art was not designed by myself therefore will only be used as INSPIRATION of the set. Not a direct copy.

May i ask what class that is for?

#262 maskinovel

maskinovel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

May i ask what class that is for?

most likely lv 220 champ gear.. *chinese version. :blink:
http://rose-resource....com/index.html

waiting for update ur concept of lv 220 gear narose version, feuer. Good luck :rofl:

Edited by maskinovel, 08 August 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#263 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

I think this would be pretty awesome!

Posted Image

We know they have done the oro castle gear or now known as aurum castle gear but the black one would be cool as well!

#264 Recettear

Recettear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

@Lybis, it cool indeed... that if they keep the glowing eyes and the shimming effect of the CGs. not like the 1 in the facebook preview ;/

I mean, look at the low texture quality and the pathetic shading-work of this... thing...

Posted Image

Edited by Recettear, 08 August 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#265 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:50 AM

Concept Art's and Inspirational Art's will be posted as soon as I pick which sets I'd like to model, as some of them are very....difficult at the least.

#266 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

Looks like it got returned and moved to P&S. I'm happy. I can end my ROSE strike now ^_^ After Movies!

ps feur if you want me to remove the quote ask. I willquote removed <_<

Edited by AlisiaMT, 11 August 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#267 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Looks like it got returned and moved to P&S. I'm happy. I can end my ROSE strike now ^_^ After Movies!

ps feur if you want me to remove the quote ask. I will

do please remove the quote from Zep, as i was informed that i would be disciplined for breaking a rule about prvate messages being posted publically, and yes it has been unlocked and moved here after a conversation i had with him.

#268 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

do please remove the quote from Zep, as i was informed that i would be disciplined for breaking a rule about prvate messages being posted publically, and yes it has been unlocked and moved here after a conversation i had with him.

There is no such rule.

#269 Soaked

Soaked

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationNYC or Amsterdam
  • Server:Bf3 LMAO!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:40 AM

According to my last psychology evaluation, which required annually by my study program, I am a 20% optimistic and 80% realistic person.

2 words, yada yada.....If you believe that I am wrong. Prove it to me that I am wrong. Instead of giving me your words, you should show me your works. This is the same with my teammate in the real-life group project that I had 3 months ago. He talked a lot as if he can finish the project alone within few days, but he couldn't do anything when we hit the project for real. In the end, I am the one who have to finish the project while he couldn't even analyze the data which I gave him even when I gave him an extra month to do it. Don't talk the talk, but do the walk and walk. Don't make the excuse. Don't ask us for donation and use it as your excuse to go back on your words. Don't forget that GRAVITY is cheap and wouldn't pay anything for your works (except for a few hundred IM points). Now, show it to me. I am more than happy if you can prove me wrong.

2Words?! You have a serious mathematical problem mate. -1

#270 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

Thats funny. Nobody I know has been punished for it before...

#271 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Thats funny. Nobody I know has been punished for it before...

I guess there is always a first time. I don't know if it is a written rule, but it is certainly is common courtesy and common sense to not post private conversations in public. You all can argue this philisophically till the cows come home but the staff certainly will make this one clear. Could be time to update the rules section for those who have to have it in writing?

#272 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

As i stated in my conversation with Zeppelin, I only posted it so you could see in real words that it was his decision to remove it not mine, had i simply said "its been removed" people would have flamed me for both "quitting and giving up and being fail". It was not my decision and i was rather irritatd by it, hence i would have lost my marbles had anyone accused me of that.

#273 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:05 AM

Edit note:
Added PickUp's suggestion/proposal to the Charm system fix. Will provide link to his page as well for responses from his thread.

Also started credit's section.
Added notice at the beginning of post to clarify any confusion in the future by our ROSE NA management team.

Next Planned Update
Wednesday evening
Should include Muse Skills for Extended Class Concepts, Possible Weapons. Beginning List of Re-implementations of old removed items [non-event].

See you then :smooch:

"beta" idea release for mage and clerics.
Spoiler

Edited by Feuer, 12 August 2011 - 08:32 PM.

#274 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

Added Mage and Cleric Extended Class Skills with data.

Removing images of skill preview for skill trees next.

#275 Xenobite

Xenobite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

wb Feuer -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users