R.O.S.E. Season II - Page 6 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

R.O.S.E. Season II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
310 replies to this topic

#126 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

Oh an FYI on copyright issue.

I asked Genesis before how they could have the Lucky Spin costumes and such in game without copyright issue.

His response was "They're not exact copies, slightly modified, so they are allowed."

If they can do that with all their new costumes, I'm sure Feuer can do a little better than that. If not, I'll help him. I got tons of Graphic Artists friends who could design new unique concepts who daily do this for a hobby.(including myself).

Have you ever heard of Capcom copy right case? I will copy part of the result here, "Stuart Houghton -- A judge has dismissed the court case against Capcom by The MKR Group, which claimed that mall-based Zombie satire Dead Rising was a bit too similar to mall-based Zombie satire Dawn Of The Dead." Do you know how much Capcom spend on this legal case? Do really think GRAVITY will pick up this liability from an outsider? If people do not want to sue GRAVITY, then slightly modified is ok. If people want to sue GRAVITY, then slightly modified is a huge issue because it will cost a lot in legal fee.

Edited by ChampPower, 20 July 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#127 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

The main issue is, "his project will not be accepted." I highly doubt it will. If that is the case, where he will dump his project is an issue. Although it is not suggested by me, some people said the Private server will get the content, and that is a problem. Of course, we can ignore it, but it does not make the problem any less troublesome because it can actually cause NaROSE to be in trouble.

Champ, you continue to insult my integrity by making these claims. I stated many post's back, if gravity did not add this content, i would not give it to any other server, I would consider it a learning experience and move onto new things to submit. Im a grown individual capable of making my own decisions and dealing with the outcomes of those decisions. To state that I'm a danger to ROSE is both degrading and disgusting as you know nothing of my character, ability, or intent. It's a blind accusation that I do not take lightly or will allow to continue publicly. I will no longer answer any of these types of post's. If you have a question about how something would work should it be designed, then ask, or if you have suggestions on how to better a part of this project, then state them, however your constant infantilizing behavior will be ignored.

#128 Clarajane

Clarajane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOutside your window. :3
  • Server:Leonis ;D

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

First, you have not reply to the last half of my post. Second, you still have not provide any solution to the copy right issue. I am going to answer to what I have here.

you said "My work is not crap, i refuse to post anything I do not professionally believe is to par." I simply explain it to you why it is crap. You are simply copy the content. I can write a 20 page paper in one hour if I copy everything from others, but does it count?

First, your insult is incorrect. Each person has 2 sides of the brain. You can say that each person has 2 brain because people can live normally with just 1 side of the brain. Each side of the brain has billion of cells in it. Second, Cave of Ulverick isn't exactly like goblin caves. It has different monster and layout, but it is still a cheap copy of Goblin Cave.

You said i talk in circles, but you haven't directly solve or answer to any issues which i raise. So who is talk in circle? who is avoiding the issue?

If you aren't going to support the man, why are you posting in this thread? B)
Just leave him be. If he wants to use his own time to complete this project, then why do YOU care? It's not your time he's using. He's not harming anyone, if anything he could eventually be helping the game.

You can have your 'realistic' views if you may but once again, why do YOU care about what HE is doing? It is HIS time he is using NOT yours.

#129 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

Are you living under a rock? NARose is in trouble and has been for sometime now. We are not getting any content updates and when we are there so small I wouldn't of bothered. Its nice that someone from the community just like Rescudo is trying to help out in some way to get this game alive. You are assuming so much. If they accept some of his work then GREAT! If not then again.. its their loss. You need to stop assuming that at first sign of rejection he will go to a private server and give them his work. If he does then you can say I told you so but until then please stop with all this assuming. B)

Of course, I know NaROSE is in trouble for a long time, so why is it that you want to add more trouble to it? This is what I wrote earlier, "If you cannot sell your product, will you give it to Private Server as some people had suggested? If this is the case, I will not support you at all because supporting you means you are asking me to kill NaROSE. Private server would without a doubt gaining more players because they have new content (regardless of quality). It will make NaROSE less attractive thus losing more players to private server. NaROSE already has low population. If it lost any more population, there is a probability which NaROSE will end its game. We would become a NaROSE killer if that happens. In that sense, you are asking us to kill NaROSE instead of making it better. Are you trying to make the game better or trying to kill it?" Please, don't tell me you did not think about this possibility.

#130 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

Have you ever heard of Capcom copy right case? I will copy part of the result here, "Stuart Houghton -- A judge has dismissed the court case against Capcom by The MKR Group, which claimed that mall-based Zombie satire Dead Rising was a bit too similar to mall-based Zombie satire Dawn Of The Dead." Do you know how much Capcom spend on this legal case? Do really think GRAVITY will pick up this liability from an outsider? If people do not want to sue GRAVITY, then slightly modified is ok. If people want to sue GRAVITY, then slightly modified is a huge issue because it will cost a lot in legal fee.

Yeah, same eample is with Mike Tyson's Tattoo artist's Patent on the tattoo on the guys face in Hangover II.

I'm in Business, Champ. I see this stuff all the time, its more common than you think. Disney being one of the worse monsters out there for Copyright issue. Use the mouse's face? Get murdered for money.

If they did pick this up, of course they will inspect everything. What? You expect them to take it as face value, dump it into the first patch available and call it a night?

If ANYTHING, they would inspect everything about it, tear it up to shreds and use the parts they approve. It's like that in any business.

And like I said, I did not mean for him to "Slightly" modify current creations. But innovate and create. Make a Moful-Kof! What is it? I DON'T KNOW! Can it exist on Karkia?! HECK YEAH.

Of course, I know NaROSE is in trouble for a long time, so why is it that you want to add more trouble to it? This is what I wrote earlier, "If you cannot sell your product, will you give it to Private Server as some people had suggested? If this is the case, I will not support you at all because supporting you means you are asking me to kill NaROSE. Private server would without a doubt gaining more players because they have new content (regardless of quality). It will make NaROSE less attractive thus losing more players to private server. NaROSE already has low population. If it lost any more population, there is a probability which NaROSE will end its game. We would become a NaROSE killer if that happens. In that sense, you are asking us to kill NaROSE instead of making it better. Are you trying to make the game better or trying to kill it?" Please, don't tell me you did not think about this possibility.

Do you want him to personally sign a contract in blood to you? Would that satisfy you? Just take a man's word as truth and accept it please.

He has already stated multiple times "NO" and bolded it too. You're creating a scenerio that "could" be. I have a "could" be scenerio too. It gets accepted? What then.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 20 July 2011 - 10:48 AM.

#131 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Champ, you continue to insult my integrity by making these claims. I stated many post's back, if gravity did not add this content, i would not give it to any other server, I would consider it a learning experience and move onto new things to submit. Im a grown individual capable of making my own decisions and dealing with the outcomes of those decisions. To state that I'm a danger to ROSE is both degrading and disgusting as you know nothing of my character, ability, or intent. It's a blind accusation that I do not take lightly or will allow to continue publicly. I will no longer answer any of these types of post's. If you have a question about how something would work should it be designed, then ask, or if you have suggestions on how to better a part of this project, then state them, however your constant infantilizing behavior will be ignored.

You can give the content to the private server without your knowledge. I did not mean you give your content to the private server directly, but how do you safeguard all your content when everything publicly submit here, on forum? How do you know for sure the person, who is helping you right now, is not from a private server? How do you know your partner does not work for the private server? How do you know they will not hack into your computer to steal your content? The source of ROSE coding is available to you because someone hacked Trigersoft to steal the content. How do you stop it from happen again, to you?

#132 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, same eample is with Mike Tyson's Tattoo artist's Patent on the tattoo on the guys face in Hangover II.

I'm in Business, Champ. I see this stuff all the time, its more common than you think. Disney being one of the worse monsters out there for Copyright issue. Use the mouse's face? Get murdered for money.

If they did pick this up, of course they will inspect everything. What? You expect them to take it as face value, dump it into the first patch available and call it a night?

If ANYTHING, they would inspect everything about it, tear it up to shreds and use the parts they approve. It's like that in any business.

And like I said, I did not mean for him to "Slightly" modify current creations. But innovate and create. Make a Moful-Kof! What is it? I DON'T KNOW! Can it exist on Karkia?! HECK YEAH.

AAAhahahahahahah! I love it! I think i will make something with that name, unless you wanna ban-hammur me for "copy right" lmfao

#133 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Your ASSUMING again and no I haven't thought that. I think Feuer work is of real good quality and it's a shame you think otherwise.

#134 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

Do you want him to personally sign a contract in blood to you? Would that satisfy you? Just take a man's word as truth and accept it please.

He has already stated multiple times "NO" and bolded it too. You're creating a scenerio that "could" be. I have a "could" be scenerio too. It gets accepted? What then.

I see countless of issue relating to copy right issue in my day, too. That is why I post it. If nobody can solve this problem, we cannot move anywhere, and I am 100% certainly GRAVITY will not pick up the liability. If anything happens, they will point the legal finger to the creators.

#135 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

I see countless of issue relating to copy right issue in my day, too. That is why I post it. If nobody can solve this problem, we cannot move anywhere, and I am 100% certainly GRAVITY will not pick up the liability. If anything happens, they will point the legal finger to the creators.

Uhm, if they accepted it. They accepted legal and fiscal responsibility before releasing any content through proper inspection. It'd be on their heads not Feuers due to their action of accepting terms of agreement from contributor.

If they so approved.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 20 July 2011 - 10:56 AM.

#136 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

AAAhahahahahahah! I love it! I think i will make something with that name, unless you wanna ban-hammur me for "copy right" lmfao

This is the least of your concern. They can come after you financially. Do you really think they cannot track you down and come after you?

#137 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

It would be convenient to hear the word of an official on this situation.

#138 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

Uhm, if they accepted it. They accepted legal and fiscal responsibility before releasing any content through proper inspection. It'd be on their heads not Feuers due to their action of accepting terms of agreement from contributor.

If they so approved.

Edit: If you really want to do this debate Champ, I have my Business Law book 2 feet from my desk.

I am not doubting your professional, so I hope you do not doubt mine.

#139 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

This is the least of your concern. They can come after you financially. Do you really think they cannot track you down and come after you?

I think you have made your point don't you? Enough is enough. If you don't like it then don't comment. You have already made you comments on what you don't like, there's no need to keep repeating yourself.

#140 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

I am not doubting your professional, so I hope you do not doubt mine.

I never did. I'm not even going to continue the arguement, I was stated what I know from Business Law.

You have stated your opinion 100% they will not accept it. They do not want fiscal responsibility. Worried about NAROSE's Demise due to him releasing content.

We got it. No problem.

But, Let Feuer handle the legal issues with an official. Let him sign the contract that states he may not re-release this content if so accepted or not release this to other Private Servers. Let him worry about the copy-right issues. He has heard your word and your issues. Give him time to deal with it.

I trust the man's passion. Why does Rescudo do it? Why does PurpleYouko do it? Why does Yukichan and anyone else who does a community service for the game do it? I'll let you answer that.

#141 lgunnz001a

lgunnz001a

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

I didn't say it bothered me, however it is against the rules to demoralize, insult, harass or otherwise diminish another players character. Either stop posting in this thread, or risk getting you account banned for it. They're not my rules, they're Gravity;s.

Can a mod please remove "lgunnz001a" from this thread, hes extremely rude and is personally insulting/attacking other users post's.

Don't worry, i have work to do.
Please quote my prev post that really attacking other users post's without a reason before you accusing someone disagreed with you.
I could get a hundred of your post that personally insulting/attacking NAROSE staff/Devs.
Unfortunatelly i dont want to waste my time be such a crybaby Q.Q ing out loud and report it to Naughty.

Perhaps you should change your subtopic tittle to--> WARNING: FOR MY SUPPORTER ONLY.

K, wish you the best luck on your work.
BYE !

Edited by lgunnz001a, 20 July 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#142 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

Posted Image

concpet for duals, Grieving Ice Blades

#143 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

What amazes me is that people are giving bad judgements and bashing him already, when he clearly stated that the deadline is January\March 2012.

You want proofs? Come back in January\March 2012 AND THEN judge. As of now, gtfo.

@Igunnz001a

All you do is insulting and bashing people. Has real life been that hard on you until now? You needa chill, and if you don't like Feuer's work (which is not even possible since he's just beginning to do it) just leave this thread alone and spare us your trash talking.

#144 lgunnz001a

lgunnz001a

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

What amazes me is that people are giving bad judgements and bashing him already, when he clearly stated that the deadline is January\March 2012.

You want proofs? Come back in January\March 2012 AND THEN judge. As of now, gtfo.

@Igunnz001a

All you do is insulting and bashing people. Has real life been that hard on you until now? You needa chill, and if you don't like Feuer's work (which is not even possible since he's just beginning to do it) just leave this thread alone and spare us your trash talking.

LoL u blind ?
Please quote my prev post that stated "i dont like his work"
k, Ima gtg work for now.
Bye!

#145 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

Bye!

And please stay away.

#146 Zyra

Zyra

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

I'm not going to bother quoting any of the haters in here mostly because I don't find that anything any of you have to say is really worth anything.

However, I've watched this thread for a while now seeing how all of the players act together and I must say shame on you. You are disrespectful and down-right rude to someone who is doing what ALL of you are wishing for. Who cares about whether or not it gets into the game...? The fact that all of you are bashing him for even TRYING is a total downfall on your character. What makes you think he hasn't looked completely into copyright issues or whatever it would take to make sure he's covering his ass so he doesn't get sued for copyright? What kind of arrogant state of mind do you have to be in to assume that he's stupid enough to believe that what he's doing will get put into the game 100%? He's already stated several times that he DOESN'T CARE whether or not it gets put into the game. It would be swell, sure, and I'm sure he would love the hell out of it, but he has STATED SEVERAL TIMES that he DOESN'T EVEN EXPECT it to get into the game and that it is all PRACTICE. Why bother making a plan to make your own game if you're not even sure you can work by your own time line? Give the guy a break and let him try.

Here, I'll quote some things that are worth something for all of you:

"If you're doing your best, you won't have any time to worry about failure." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"There is no failure except in no longer trying." - Elbert Hubbard

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

"They say President Wilson has blundered. Perhaps he has, but I notice he usually blunders forward." - Thomas Edison

"There are defeats more triumphant than victories." - Michel de Montaigne

"No man is a failure who is enjoying life." - William Feather

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." - Henry Ford

"You can't have any successes unless you can accept failure." - George Cukor

"You always pass failure on your way to success." - Mickey Rooney

Those being said, I'll say my own. Cry about it. Are you seriously so worked up about ONE GUY who has a plan? Do you have NOTHING ELSE to care about? As Naughty said before, she has things to do. She has a life and watching this child-bantering back and forth is simply annoying. Shouldn't you be as passionate about maybe the economics of your country, etc?

Obviously the mods have seen this thread and haven't said anything in public about whether or not it is wrong to do this project or not. And what do you know? Maybe he's talked to them via PM or some other form of messaging? You DON'T know. Unless you're stalking him.. and then things are serious. O.o

Not trying to throw around insults here, but damn, guys.

He obviously isn't wasting much time worrying about what you have to say. Sure, he may reply to you, but do you see him STOPPING? No. You don't. Your efforts are useless here. Please go cry somewhere where your fighting matters.

^_^

Edited by Zyra, 20 July 2011 - 01:12 PM.

#147 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

Ahmen. Love the quotes.

#148 Zyra

Zyra

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Ahmen. Love the quotes.

I'm glad. ^_^

#149 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

What makes you think he hasn't looked completely into copyright issues or whatever it would take to make sure he's covering his ass so he doesn't get sued for copyright?

What makes you think he does?

He's already stated several times that he DOESN'T CARE whether or not it gets put into the game.

The problem is not whether or not his project will be put into the game. The problem is the side effect of his project. What stop the private server from stealing his project? How can we know for sure you are not working for a private server right now thus advocating him to continue with his project, so you can steal his work later on? How do we know you are not planning to kill NaROSE right now? I do not want to attack you character, but these are legitimate question.

Here, I'll quote some things that are worth something for all of you:

"If you're doing your best, you won't have any time to worry about failure." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"There is no failure except in no longer trying." - Elbert Hubbard

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

"They say President Wilson has blundered. Perhaps he has, but I notice he usually blunders forward." - Thomas Edison

"There are defeats more triumphant than victories." - Michel de Montaigne

"No man is a failure who is enjoying life." - William Feather

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." - Henry Ford

"You can't have any successes unless you can accept failure." - George Cukor

"You always pass failure on your way to success." - Mickey Rooney

Great quotes of failure which can be found in less than 5 minutes. I give you one extra quote, "When you are down on your back, if you can look up, you can get up." By Les Brown. When you are down on your back and have paralysis, I doubt you can get back up. Some failure is permanent. We see it a lot in housing business in US since 2007. Many people make a mistake in buy over price housing market. They end up losing all their money, their job, their family, and becoming homeless. Many people still cannot get their life back. The quotes are great, no doubt, but there are exception to everything.

Are you seriously so worked up about ONE GUY who has a plan?

I have said it above. The answer to this question is I do not want NaROSE to be in trouble. I do not want the side effect of his project. I do not want NaROSE to die.

Shouldn't you be as passionate about maybe the economics of your country, etc?

Being passionate does not mean you can disregard the reality. Because too many people are passionate, because too many people disregard reality, that is how we got the economic crisis in 2007, which affect many countries around the world. The crisis is still affecting us today. Passionate is a good thing, but we also have to keep the reality in check.

Obviously the mods have seen this thread and haven't said anything in public about whether or not it is wrong to do this project or not. And what do you know? Maybe he's talked to them via PM or some other form of messaging? You DON'T know. Unless you're stalking him.. and then things are serious. O.o

Maybe, maybe not. The thing is we do not know. That is the problem. If he has some confirmation, should we hear about it by now? The silent by GM and DEV Team can be understood by a lot of different ways. Lastly, why did you use the word, "mods." This word is rarely use in here. Are you sure you are not from some Private Server?

Edited by ChampPower, 20 July 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#150 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

Mods = moderators.

Edited by Feuer, 20 July 2011 - 02:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users