Make runes vendable? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Make runes vendable?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

Why is it that Acid Bottles can be vended, but not runes? Implementing something like this would only improve the current market fluctuation situation.

#2 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

i say no....

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Yes. Runes should be vendable so that all character classes can use storm blast, millenium shield and all the good RK skills. Lmfao.

Right, because if you put rune into storage and xfer it to another char, you can use stormblast... right... no, this doesn't work. Runes can only be used by rune knights with the appropriate level of Rune Mastery.

The problem with making them vendable is that there's a limit of 20 on a character at a time, in order to limit the spammability of runes. That's why you always see rune knights making runes on the fly in woe.

I don't see a bit need for making them vendable, since all the components are, and the differences in the average cost per rune between a "pure rune maker" RK and a normal RK are tiny. It wouldn't be worth the seller's time nor the buyer's money to make runes on a char with higher rates and then sell them to a char with lower rates.

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 July 2011 - 12:32 PM.

#4 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

Right, because if you put rune into storage and xfer it to another char, you can use stormblast... right... no, this doesn't work. Runes can only be used by rune knights with the appropriate level of Rune Mastery.

But imagine seeing a Novice or some other weaker character running around using Stormblast! I'd laugh my ass off if that was possible.

More on topic, selling them does seem kind of pointless, since, like Azzy said, all of the components are vendable, and only RKs can use them.

#5 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

I just want to be able to make runes stones while in storage, seeing how we can only carry 20 at a time.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

I just want to be able to make runes stones while in storage, seeing how we can only carry 20 at a time.

This would be very helpful!
The reason you can't is that they're crafted with an item rather than a skill, and no consumable items can be used while in storage.

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 July 2011 - 03:54 PM.

#7 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

Funny thing is I brought it up soon after 3rd classes came out, and we still cant do it.

#8 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

i say no....

Why not? Not every class can use runes. Only RK can use runes and besides--Rune blast will not hurt if the caster doesn't have rune mastery maxed.

#9 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

If you can vend them still limit it to 20 in the cart =P Otherwise you'd have vendors behind barricades out of sight of enemies vending them for guild mates to resupply with. It'd be stupid.

#10 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

NOOO dont do that,thats just make me delete my RK <.<

#11 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

The problem with making them vendable is that there's a limit of 20 on a character at a time, in order to limit the spammability of runes. That's why you always see rune knights making runes on the fly in woe.

I don't see a bit need for making them vendable, since all the components are, and the differences in the average cost per rune between a "pure rune maker" RK and a normal RK are tiny. It wouldn't be worth the seller's time nor the buyer's money to make runes on a char with higher rates and then sell them to a char with lower rates.

Nor will it statue well with The Merchant Guild, or Elites Merchants residing in The Highlands... B)

Edited by Scientistic, 18 July 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#12 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

I wonder if it would bring the price of rune parts down...I certainly hope not! Farming elder branches is kind of fun and makes me feel useful.

#13 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

I wonder if it would bring the price of rune parts down...I certainly hope not! Farming elder branches is kind of fun and makes me feel useful.

If Travelers from Society visiting Planet Ragnarok can understand, Ragnarok's planet is motion as the Planet the're hailed from, many wouldn't be stuck with WOW, PVP, Guild VS Guild, training, Lvl Completion, and so forth, which is a stage to get them started, in greeting the daily NPC event's beginning, Planet Ragnarok adventures wouldn't be visual as bitter sweet.... B)

#14 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Well of course. If I was an Alchemist in the actual world of Ragnarok, I wouldn't be spending my days grinding mobs with cart cannon! I'd be getting EXP for making potions and selling them to novices >.<

Give priests EXP for healing people, thanks!

#15 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

Well of course. If I was an Alchemist in the actual world of Ragnarok, I wouldn't be spending my days grinding mobs with cart cannon! I'd be getting EXP for making potions and selling them to novices >.<

Give priests EXP for healing people, thanks!

Since i've been asked to venture back to Planet Ragnarok, having many Gameplanet Travelers misplacing the reason why they begun adventures, and the only motion that can grant us reentry, as soon as i received all Gameplanet's data, in relation where it all went wrong, it might lead to a Global Battle on Planet Ragnarok...

(This time around, The Mercernary Corp may draw the're weapons in order........Forgive me.) B)

#16 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:00 AM

no way. Open PVP would be awful. Imagine a Sura just snap > combo > snap > combo on every poor novice XD

Speaking of mercenaries, they need to update the in-game mercenaries to be stronger and more accurate. It's fun for leveling low lv classes, but not when the mercenariy misses every target without fail.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 19 July 2011 - 01:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users