Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

Anyone else have Comcast and had a week or more of lots of DCing, and char rubberbanding on RO? I have had these issues for days and I have tried to call and I can not get through due to heavy call volume and i am not gonna wait 20 minutes or more to speak to them.

So who else has comcast and has had these issues?

Edited by Trixdee, 19 July 2011 - 12:02 PM.

#2 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

I don't use Comcast, but I do work in the IT field. As of this week alone I have been getting a lot of calls from customer whom have reported that their internet connection keep disconnecting on them. This has nothing to do with the T1 line or the services that Comcast is providing to you. Most of the time this has to do with the router that you are using. If you have some technical knowledge with the router I would suggest upgrading the firmware of your router. If not then I would suggest calling Comcast to report the issue and possibly ask for a router upgrade. I am sure they will give you a new router since they want to keep you as a customer. Threaten to switch to AT&T if they dont comply with your request B).

#3 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

Hmm apparently I do need to upgrade the firmware but the website said to only do it if you are directly connected (wired). We have a wireless network. Usually if I don't completely understand how to do something I don't do it because I don't want to mess something up and then have NO internet. B)

Edited by Trixdee, 19 July 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#4 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

I had Comcast months ago and got rid of them. Had lots of lag and DC, especially during WoE. Do not regret leaving them behind.

#5 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hmm apparently I do need to upgrade the firmware but the website said to only do it if you are directly connected (wired). We have a wireless network. Usually if I don't completely understand how to do something I don't do it because I don't want to mess something up and then have NO internet. B)

ex-wifie... Comcast in SoCal? why don't switch to Time Warner or Fios? it is faster... then again, I though Comcast was only around mid/east coast

#6 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

Central CA

#7 Wizard

Wizard