Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

Well I finally got on my lazy ass and thought I would Level/ Farm my knight to LvL220... I found a nice little spot in Sikuku ruins and Lured a few mobs and this is what I got.

Posted Image

You can not sit there and say that this is right! This is how its intended!?

2nd lure with no drops on the ground... booo0o0o0o0o0000oooom!

Posted Image

*Scratches head* I'm not one for making complaint threads but I want to farm materials, refines, not Gear!

#2 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

I was going to post about the excess amount of blue drops the other day, but forgot about it! Nevertheless here's another screenshot.

Posted Image

#3 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

I was going to post too. my pic looks the same as Lybis from a normal x1 drop farming

#4 Laprion

Laprion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

don't farm Star mobs like leaders etc

#5 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

wow thats bad D: they should really look at this and change it...

side note: holy crappers its pickup in game! :waddle: i bow to your awesome pickup skills (unused on the gears)~

#6 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

side note: holy crappers its pickup in game! :waddle: i bow to your awesome pickup skills (unused on the gears)~

Holy molly!!! WHERE?!! -_-

#7 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

Holy molly!!! WHERE?!! :waddle:

Right there V !
-->Posted Image

#8 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

Holy cow, it's real! we all gonna die! :S

/offtopic

Edited by PickUp, 22 July 2011 - 01:16 PM.

#9 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Their idea of a drop system looks good on paper but it fails in reality.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

Hes also uses da metal moldies o.O!! OMGODZORZ!!1!

but seriously, its annoying, concidering the dissasembling for it gives crap aswell.

#11 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

Other than the x2 Drop event, are you using any other items or costumes to alter the drop chances?

Not making excuses just trying to figure out why.

#12 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:30 PM

Calanor, the leader and Captain type monsters literally drop blue armor (and weapons?) the majority of drops. Bosses too, but there aren't as many of them to clutter the floor with useless blues.

#13 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

Phish, esplain please!

I read what you are saying as the Cap and Leaders are the problem, and the bosses would be if they were more frequent spawns?

#14 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

Just go outside of muris and kill Predators and company. All you get is blue gear.

#15 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

Save us Calanor! ROSE is going down hill since you've left ! :waddle:

#16 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

Save us Calanor! ROSE is going down hill since you've left ! :waddle:

What do you mean? What has he left?

#17 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

What do you mean? What has he left?

he used to be the GM/CM for ROSE like Zeppelin is now but Zeppelin took over his place as he moved on to something else

#18 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

I see, thanks :waddle:.

#19 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

Phish, esplain please!

I read what you are saying as the Cap and Leaders are the problem, and the bosses would be if they were more frequent spawns?

I believe what they are trying to say is new drop table sucks.

#20 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

POPULAR

Ok here goes,

Posted Image Basic
Posted Image Guard
Posted Image Fighter
Posted Image Warrior

These type of monsters have fair drops for their difficulty and abundance. Not much of a problem with here except for a few unnecessary map drops. Powders, dirties and such drop at a decent rate from them.

Posted Image Leader
Posted Image Captain
Posted Image Sub boss

These types of monsters drop an obscene amount of blues. The problem is not only the drop rate of them but how useless these items have become. For example if all sets had their set bonuses added it could make more types of gear desirable, but until then, these items are obsolete (Grand/Golden/Elven are inferior to reinforced and endowed which have also become inferior to union gear.) This is especially true at higher levels when everyone aims for union gear. Regardless, the rate at which they drop should toned down.

Also, for a monster that drops blues, they drop every single type possible for that class (ie if I am fighting a soldier type captain, it drops legendary, golden, elven, grand, saint, demon, dark soldier armor.) Too many types from one monster.

Their drop rate for medium tier catalysts is fair not too much not to little, this is fine.

One thing that should be looked into is that their is a lack of captain or sub boss type monsters in many places. For example Prison does not have any (Room 4 is the most challenging at it would only make sense to place a greater reward there). There are very few captain type monsters in orlo as well.

Posted Image King/Boss

These guys also suffer the blue explosion. But unlike the leader captain and sub boss monsters, boss monsters are much less abundant and much more difficult to take on. Getting an onslaught of elven gears is a slap in the face when you farm bosses, especially those that need to be triggered by fighting other monsters in the area.

Their drop rate for high tier lisents is... very low, which is why you see a huge gap in price between HG (buying price ~560k) and Na (buying price ~4.65m) (I couldn't even find an accurate selling price because there wasn't a single Na for sale in Junon) Moderate/high level Catalysts (Lisent Fg - Lisent Hg) can be farmed at a respectful rate, where as High level catalysts are almost non existent in the market due to the rarity of them. Granted they should be rare, but currently it is a bit excessive.

The majority of these high level lisents that have not been consumed were leftover from the catalyst explosion in Orlo back in January.

If high level lisents weren't rare, then Epic weapons are on a whole different level. And granted, they should be rare, but a special person once told me 'you can't give people free candies and then take them away'. Meaning, when the epics were first introduced, the drop rate was fair (there was an abundance in game due to the sheer amount of people farming them, using double drop medals etc.)

Now, I don't know, you could farm for a month with medals and still not get an epic (look at iBlu's scenario). These items should definitely be rare, but I don;t now I might have a better shot winning the lottery now. Not to mention some of these epics are still lackluster, look at how useless the wand is, the crossbow is mediocre, 1 handed blunt is unimpressive too.

Other items

Aside from the aforementioned, there are many items which don't even drop anymore! Cart schematics, jewlery such as the full moon ring, shadow necklace and deathblow, and others I can't even remember. The drop rate of certain crafting materials is awkward too. For example, Bird feathers which are used to craft 1 lower level item (Crow Wings) are a map drop in nearly every (if not every) map in the game. On the other hand, Paper wing Pieces are used to craft 2 high level items (Hook Wing, Eudy wing) and they only drop from 3 enemies: Hooks, Krawfy Swordsman (Junon CF) and Orpe Lukete. Eudies don't even drop them anymore yet they are used to craft their own wings!!!

Certain other crafting materials such as wolf steel, do not drop anymore either.

Gems are also a bit odd. Now they only drop from ghosts, but every ghost drops every type of grade 2 gem. Why not just make them drop gem boxes instead? Rather than having 20 types of grade 2 gems cluttering up your inventory. (Ghosts do not spawn at level 220 either)

There is probably more that I am missing, but that is the general gist of the problems.

Long story short:

Implement the remaining set bonuses to all sets to make more pieces useful.
Reduce the rate of blue items dropped from Leader-Boss types.
Increase the rate of epic weapons/epic lisents from bosses slightly. Bosses that are trigger based should have a higher rate to drop compared to timer based bosses.
Make all crafting materials and forgotten jewelry actually drop now. (Maybe add a couple new high level jewelery pieces which can be a rare drop from bosses)
Reduce the drop area range of materials that are only useful for a select few items (for example bird feathers and nymph essence do not need to drop in every map. Destruction drills drop in ridiculous amounts in certain places such as Junon Clan Field as well)
Make simple jewelry a material, so it can stack rather than having it clog up the gear inventory. (it's pointless to wear simple jewelry by itself as it doesn't have any stats anyway)

I'm sure other people can input some more feedback.

Edited by Phish, 22 July 2011 - 07:01 PM.

#21 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

I say go back to a drop table that makes sense. Something that a new player could make sense of. Like Phish said, Eudys actually dropping materials to craft their own wings. And you can't change the drop table without adjusting monster spawns especially with the drop table as it is now. Those are obviously linked and the spawns were ignored last time causing this new drop table to suck even more.

#22 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

Ok here goes,

Posted Image Basic
Posted Image Guard
Posted Image Fighter
Posted Image Warrior

These type of monsters have fair drops for their difficulty and abundance. Not much of a problem with here except for a few unnecessary map drops. Powders, dirties and such drop at a decent rate from them.

Posted Image Leader
Posted Image Captain
Posted Image Sub boss

These types of monsters drop an obscene amount of blues. The problem is not only the drop rate of them but how useless these items have become. For example if all sets had their set bonuses added it could make more types of gear desirable, but until then, these items are obsolete (Grand/Golden/Elven are inferior to reinforced and endowed which have also become inferior to union gear.) This is especially true at higher levels when everyone aims for union gear. Regardless, the rate at which they drop should toned down.

Also, for a monster that drops blues, they drop every single type possible for that class (ie if I am fighting a soldier type captain, it drops legendary, golden, elven, grand, saint, demon, dark soldier armor.) Too many types from one monster.

Their drop rate for medium tier catalysts is fair not too much not to little, this is fine.

One thing that should be looked into is that their is a lack of captain or sub boss type monsters in many places. For example Prison does not have any (Room 4 is the most challenging at it would only make sense to place a greater reward there). There are very few captain type monsters in orlo as well.

Posted Image King/Boss

These guys also suffer the blue explosion. But unlike the leader captain and sub boss monsters, boss monsters are much less abundant and much more difficult to take on. Getting an onslaught of elven gears is a slap in the face when you farm bosses, especially those that need to be triggered by fighting other monsters in the area.

Their drop rate for high tier lisents is... very low, which is why you see a huge gap in price between HG (buying price ~560k) and Na (buying price ~4.65m) (I couldn't even find an accurate selling price because there wasn't a single Na for sale in Junon) Moderate/high level Catalysts (Lisent Fg - Lisent Hg) can be farmed at a respectful rate, where as High level catalysts are almost non existent in the market due to the rarity of them. Granted they should be rare, but currently it is a bit excessive.

The majority of these high level lisents that have not been consumed were leftover from the catalyst explosion in Orlo back in January.

If high level lisents weren't rare, then Epic weapons are on a whole different level. And granted, they should be rare, but a special person once told me 'you can't give people free candies and then take them away'. Meaning, when the epics were first introduced, the drop rate was fair (there was an abundance in game due to the sheer amount of people farming them, using double drop medals etc.)

Now, I don't know, you could farm for a month with medals and still not get an epic (look at iBlu's scenario). These items should definitely be rare, but I don;t now I might have a better shot winning the lottery now. Not to mention some of these epics are still lackluster, look at how useless the wand is, the crossbow is mediocre, 1 handed blunt is unimpressive too.

Other items

Aside from the aforementioned, there are many items which don't even drop anymore! Cart schematics, jewlery such as the full moon ring, shadow necklace and deathblow, and others I can't even remember. The drop rate of certain crafting materials is awkward too. For example, Bird feathers which are used to craft 1 lower level item (Crow Wings) are a map drop in nearly every (if not every) map in the game. On the other hand, Paper wing Pieces are used to craft 2 high level items (Hook Wing, Eudy wing) and they only drop from 3 enemies: Hooks, Krawfy Swordsman (Junon CF) and Orpe Lukete. Eudies don't even drop them anymore yet they are used to craft their own wings!!!

Certain other crafting materials such as wolf steel, do not drop anymore either.

Gems are also a bit odd. Now they only drop from ghosts, but every ghost drops every type of grade 2 gem. Why not just make them drop gem boxes instead? Rather than having 20 types of grade 2 gems cluttering up your inventory. (Ghosts do not spawn at level 220 either)

There is probably more that I am missing, but that is the general gist of the problems.

Long story short:

Implement the remaining set bonuses to all sets to make more pieces useful.
Reduce the rate of blue items dropped from Leader-Boss types.
Increase the rate of epic weapons/epic lisents from bosses slightly. Bosses that are trigger based should have a higher rate to drop compared to timer based bosses.
Make all crafting materials and forgotten jewelry actually drop now. (Maybe add a couple new high level jewelery pieces which can be a rare drop from bosses)
Reduce the drop area range of materials that are only useful for a select few items (for example bird feathers and nymph essence do not need to drop in every map. Destruction drills drop in ridiculous amounts in certain places such as Junon Clan Field as well)
Make simple jewelry a material, so it can stack rather than having it clog up the gear inventory. (it's pointless to wear simple jewelry by itself as it doesn't have any stats anyway)

I'm sure other people can input some more feedback.

Can't you guys just send IcePhish to your headquarters and let him him fix this tragedy?

#23 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

I say go back to a drop table that makes sense. Something that a new player could make sense of. Like Phish said, Eudys actually dropping materials to craft their own wings. And you can't change the drop table without adjusting monster spawns especially with the drop table as it is now. Those are obviously linked and the spawns were ignored last time causing this new drop table to suck even more.

Personaly I don't think the quick fix of going back to the old drop table is the best suited fit.

#24 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

Personaly I don't think the quick fix of going back to the old drop table is the best suited fit.

What? Where did I say they should go back to the old drop table? I said they should "go back to one that makes sense." Example - Oh I need paper wing pieces for Eudy wings, I bet they drop from Eudys! Or I want to craft some worm dragon wings, better hunt worm dragons for dragon scales. Etc.

Previous drop tables had parts that made sense but I wasn't saying go back to any of those. I was saying they should make a new one that makes sense... It isn't meant to be taken literally and most people know that.

#25 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

What? Where did I say they should go back to the old drop table? I said they should "go back to one that makes sense." Example - Oh I need paper wing pieces for Eudy wings, I bet they drop from Eudys! Or I want to craft some worm dragon wings, better hunt worm dragons for dragon scales. Etc.

Previous drop tables had parts that made sense but I wasn't saying go back to any of those. I was saying they should make a new one that makes sense... It isn't meant to be taken literally and most people know that.

Remember when "animal leg bone" was dropped only by mobs that could be considered an "animal" and actually have "legs"?? First time I noticed them dropping from plants (flanae; smoulies; nepenthes) I had a serious WTF moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users