125 replies to this topic

#51 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:53 PM

Also as a fun forum event to show how "neat" Reputation system is, Cydra's Rep is at 10000 Reputation, lets see how long it takes to 0 it out!

Lol. Where are you Cydra?

#52 Wazza

Wazza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

Its still 2 minutes that could be spent bringing up a log from any map in an attempt to remove any bots that might be making the game worse..

The point still remains valid.

I never said your point was invalid. I said it was a negligble amount of time to change Cydra's rep to 10,000. 2 minutes out of a long working day is not a very long time, especially because they could be waiting for certain maintenance things to finish, whilst having nothing better to do. (Also a community manager isn't necessarily the person who hunts bots either)

Edited by Wazza, 26 July 2011 - 10:55 PM.

#53 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

The 150 price box makes up for last week 1500 box :P.

#54 Siunar

Siunar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

I never said your point was invalid. I said it was a negligble amount of time to change Cydra's rep to 10,000. 2 minutes out of a long working day is not a very long time, especially because they could be waiting for certain maintenance things to finish, whilst having nothing better to do. (Also a community manager isn't necessarily the person who hunts bots either)

Let's put it this way.. If after the maint, there is an issue with anything they've added/removed.. I'll be saying to myself.. "Hrm, I really wish they would have spent those 2 minutes going over what they're implementing rather that asking us to abuse a forum system"

But I'm just crazy i guess.. :P

#55 Wazza

Wazza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

Let's put it this way.. If after the maint, there is an issue with anything they've added/removed.. I'll be saying to myself.. "Hrm, I really wish they would have spent those 2 minutes going over what they're implementing rather that asking us to abuse a forum system"

I can agree with that, just saying it might not be physically possible 100% of the time.

Also, there is a term for what you are describing. Posted Image

#56 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

So the Scaraba turn in from last is still affected by the x2 EXP Event right?
Because I think I read something along those lines on my vend slave around 8:30 PST...

#57 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

lemon?

#58 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:11 PM

I don't think your point is wrong. If I'm understanding you correctly, there are other (larger) game issues that bother you, so it's the gesture of a 2 min "fluff" addition that bothers you (due to other outstanding issues).

I would think, though, that this "fluff" could be fun for various people. It could:
-communicate GMs are aware of a deficiency of the reputation system in accurate correlation to the validity or worth of a player's posts.
-allow some people to have fun trying to "upgrade" Cydra's rep from 10,000 to 0, which could be non-offensive fun if it's already recognized that rep doesn't accurately indicate much about a poster.

I think it would be fun if Cydra put that part of heim's post in his/her signature. There is also some limit to the amount of negative rep people can give per day? If so, it'd mean people would have to now spend their negative reps wisely.

#59 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

You are one of those people who always vote my rep down.

I vote your rep down because I disagree with what you say...

Edit: Oh wait it's wrong because apparently it's not very democratic according to Oda to -rep a post because you disagree with them...

Edited by SirDillhole, 26 July 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#60 Siunar

Siunar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

-allow some people to have fun trying to "upgrade" Cydra's rep from 10,000 to 0, which could be non-offensive fun if it's already recognized that rep doesn't accurately indicate much about a poster.

From my perspective, Cydra takes the Rep quite seriously and going from 10,000 Down to -Whatever, could be highly detrimental to his/her forum based sanity. :)

That is of course, a joke, but hey.. There are some crazy people out there. :P

#61 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

Also as a fun forum event to show how "neat" Reputation system is, Cydra's Rep is at 10000 Reputation, lets see how long it takes to 0 it out!

Do we get a 2x experience event if we can get it to 0 before the next maint?

#62 sara

sara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNeverland
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

have all of Cydra's posts been deleted? o.o

#63 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

have all of Cydra's posts been deleted? o.o

It seems so yes...

#64 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

If it was announced as an event or not, even with 10,000 rep he would get to 0 fairly soon. Have you read his posts for the most part?

P.S.- Love the "remove HE BM" then sell 3x BM box. Cash in on the scare factor of HE being removed then cash in again on providing direct 3x BM purchases. I think I liked the game more when the GM's didn't screw the economy for a quick buck here and there. Kind of feels like "every week box event" now. Have we been under a consistent box event for like 5 months now?

#65 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

have fun

http://forums.warppo...i-love-it-when/
http://forums.warppo...this-situation/
http://forums.warppo...r-wpe-scammers/
http://forums.warppo...-get-my-points/

#66 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

P.S.- Love the "remove HE BM" then sell 3x BM box. Cash in on the scare factor of HE being removed then cash in again on providing direct 3x BM purchases. I think I liked the game more when the GM's didn't screw the economy for a quick buck here and there. Kind of feels like "every week box event" now. Have we been under a consistent box event for like 5 months now?

Maybe you can discover more ideal ways for them to generate revenue, allowing the game to persist? (serious comment)

Edited by jax5, 26 July 2011 - 11:48 PM.

#67 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

Maybe you can discover more ideal ways for them to generate revenue, allowing the game to persist? (serious comment)

Tried and ignored. Search my thread/post history. Seems like if it's not a borderline scam or some overpowered BS you NEED then doesn't really get put into Kafra Shop. I can understand the need to make this a profitable business, but at some point where are the ethics? More pay2win less real content and game fixes. For all of the profit off boxes, VIP, scare/sale tactics, and normal kaf shop purchases I expect a lot more to be done as far as making this game enjoyable.

Ex. Next week we are removing MVP's from game, (day of maint.) new MVP Killer Box! 1 BB with chance of random item inside as well! Anyone else notice how conveniently late the patch notes were to milk the teet to the last drop?

#68 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

I'd have to agree with LordVader. I presume a lot of people "stocked up" on HEBMs and now they're gonna be pulling their hair out when they see the new box with a "free" 3x BM for 1/4 the cost of the HEBM boxes. The GMs should've atleast said something better will be put in.

#69 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Pretty sure heim said a very very long time ago that korea forbade them from making HE manuals and gum permanently available in the shop, but that it was one of their best selling items, so they were trying to compromise a way to make them 'temporary' to appease korea, but always accessible for their own consumer base.

#70 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

Tried and ignored. Search my thread/post history. Seems like if it's not a borderline scam or some overpowered BS you NEED then doesn't really get put into Kafra Shop. I can understand the need to make this a profitable business, but at some point where are the ethics? More pay2win less real content and game fixes. For all of the profit off boxes, VIP, scare/sale tactics, and normal kaf shop purchases I expect a lot more to be done as far as making this game enjoyable.

Ex. Next week we are removing MVP's from game, (day of maint.) new MVP Killer Box! 1 BB with chance of random item inside as well! Anyone else notice how conveniently late the patch notes were to milk the teet to the last drop?

I don't know...lately there seem to be game development objectives that seem conducive to increasing/retaining player base (e.g. increasing accessibility for new players, revamps to party system). These could allow (with increased player base) for an increased amount of residual revenue from VIP subscriptions.

Revolutionary changes: difficult to immediately implement, lack of past evidence to support their future succcess
Evolutionary changes: lower impact, easier to implement

Lately, though, there seem to be an increasing prioritization (or implementation) of short-term profit gain schemes, the negative consequences to players/game economy of which you might take issue with.

#71 Tanthalas23

Tanthalas23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

I'd have to agree with LordVader. I presume a lot of people "stocked up" on HEBMs and now they're gonna be pulling their hair out when they see the new box with a "free" 3x BM for 1/4 the cost of the HEBM boxes. The GMs should've atleast said something better will be put in.

I am LOLing at the person who I seen was saying they were selling 100+ HE BM's on Ygg server earlier!!!

#72 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

But I'm still a little confused, actually.

That doesn't surprise me at all...

Anyway, other than exp quest, kinda boring this maint, was expecting something more "exciting" for kafra boxes or dunno... something else...

I guess I had my hopes up for nothing lol...

#73 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

That wasn't a very nice thing to say to her.

#74 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

That wasn't a very nice thing to say to her.

Too bad...

#75 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:29 AM

Rakes and Antlers yay.

Based on previous turn ins I'm expecting

400 Rakes for
Non VIP no event 2,796,000 -> 1.5exp event 4,194,000
VIP no event 4,196,000 -> 1.5exp event 6,291,000

400 Antler for
Non VIP no event 2,532,000 -> 1.5exp event 3,798,000
VIP no event 3,798,000 -> 1.5exp event 5,697,000

Hopefully an increased spawn rate too.

Not sure about the Ice Titans/Gazeti (hate ranged mobs) turn in though. Hopefully it will be fun though :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users