So about MVP Loot Priority. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

So about MVP Loot Priority.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

It's messed up that first hit gets loot priority even if you out comp then and get the MVP.

Posted Image

Why does it work that way lol?

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

It's just weighing it that finding it first is most important. Not unreasonable, it's how the devs wanted it I guess.

#3 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

It's there on purpose otherwise you will have random suras showing up, fisting it once, then picking up loot. This makes it a more even odds for other classes.

#4 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

It's messed up that first hit gets loot priority even if you out comp then and get the MVP.

Why does it work that way lol?

Because you're a sura and you got a 2-2 skill called Guillotine fist.

#5 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:10 AM

It's there on purpose otherwise you will have random suras showing up, fisting it once, then picking up loot. This makes it a more even odds for other classes.

But I can just now make any character and comp any high tier mvp by just tapping it before they do. Pref genetic or just speed pot to an mvp whack it and wait for my competition to kill it then loot and win.

Also not to mention with MVPs such as beez/gloom all you have to do is be the first to smack it and boom all your time effort/camping has gone to waste just cause you or the other guy teleported on it in one go.

Edited by Alyst, 27 July 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#6 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

But I can just now make any character and comp any high tier mvp by just tapping it before they do. Pref genetic or just speed pot to an mvp whack it and wait for my competition to kill it then loot and win.

Getting first hit doesn't give you auto-loot, it just gives you a high priority. If someone does 90% dmg they will still get first priority. I don't know the exact damage someone needs to do to get loot priority over the first hit.

And why are you pretending like this is new. It has been like this for what 10 years now?

#7 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

Getting first hit doesn't give you auto-loot, it just gives you a high priority. If someone does 90% dmg they will still get first priority. I don't know the exact damage someone needs to do to get loot priority over the first hit.

And why are you pretending like this is new. It has been like this for what 10 years now?

Doing 90% of the damage will not entitle you to the loot priority. I've seen mvps like beez where my group has been on it within 10 seconds after it spawns, and my competition has been on it for less then 5-6 seconds and they still get loot priority. I'd like to mention that my group also does twice the damage of their only DBing RK in this scenario.

I'm just wondering why the mvp system as a whole hasn't been looked at, it is a dps race not a I tapped it first I win. If Gfist is the problem just make them more party oriented. Increase the HP pools, give them an additional say 10%~15% resistance to neutral and call it a day. I'm just tired of me and my friends getting out comped by one guy who just happened to tap it first.

And on another note I'd like to add that convex mirrors didn't help this situation. Not to mention the fact that even tho they are removed some guilds have stock piles of about 1000~ boxes last I checked. Imo we should have an npc that would let us exchange them for other kp items of equal value.

#8 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

MVP Priority = Damage Dealt + Damage Received

Loot Priority = Damage Dealt x 2 for first hit

If you get to an MVP and do 200k to an MVP with 500k and someone else does 300k, you'll get loot.

This is primarily in place so that someone won't be working an MVP and have some Sura come along and GFist it towards the end and get loot.

Edited by Ralis, 27 July 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#9 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

Doing 90% of the damage will not entitle you to the loot priority. I've seen mvps like beez where my group has been on it within 10 seconds after it spawns, and my competition has been on it for less then 5-6 seconds and they still get loot priority. I'd like to mention that my group also does twice the damage of their only DBing RK in this scenario.

I'm just wondering why the mvp system as a whole hasn't been looked at, it is a dps race not a I tapped it first I win. If Gfist is the problem just make them more party oriented. Increase the HP pools, give them an additional say 10%~15% resistance to neutral and call it a day. I'm just tired of me and my friends getting out comped by one guy who just happened to tap it first.

And on another note I'd like to add that convex mirrors didn't help this situation. Not to mention the fact that even tho they are removed some guilds have stock piles of about 1000~ boxes last I checked. Imo we should have an npc that would let us exchange them for other kp items of equal value.

Really? You JUST found out how loot priority works and you are already an expert at this? Yes you can overwrite first-hit loot priority. I have done it many times personally. Just because you couldn't out damage the rk by a lot that one time does not prove you right. I don't even understand how you equate twice the damage to 90% dmg either.

#10 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

For more information, read the discussion in this thread:

http://forums.warppo...6-mvps-changed/

#11 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

MVP Priority = Damage Dealt + Damage Received

Loot Priority = Damage Dealt x 2 for first hit

If you get to an MVP and do 200k to an MVP with 500k and someone else does 300k, you'll get loot.

This is primarily in place so that someone won't be working an MVP and have some Sura come along and GFist it towards the end and get loot.

Where did you get this information from exactly? This does not seem to be the case with some mvps like beez.

I'd also like to add Gfist QQ on old school mvps I could care less about, anything with over 5m or close to is considered an mvp imo. The others might as well be mini bosses.

Edited by Alyst, 27 July 2011 - 10:51 AM.

#12 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

My own testing and experience, mostly. I can't guarantee they're right, but I have tested with friends on things like Amon Ra, Orc Hero, etc, and those are the formulas I found.

#13 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

My own testing and experience, mostly. I can't guarantee they're right, but I have tested with friends on things like Amon Ra, Orc Hero, etc, and those are the formulas I found.

Well with bigger things it seems to be first hit = king in my experiences. I'd also like to add that gfist scaled to well in renewal. Even with the Atk nerf in terms of pvm and pvp. Mvp HP pool and skills did not seem to scale very well. At least with the big ones ifrit, valk etc. Stormy knight is OP.

I'd like to see this changed one day to require at least 4 people to do these mvps etc. Imo adding something like Satan Morrocs no res effect might help. Seeing as how so many people seem to token mvps nowadays since its just that easy.

Edited by Alyst, 27 July 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#14 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

I do agree, MVPs are far too easy.

MVPs with more HP it just seems that way because you have to do so much more damage to get the loot.

#15 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

I do agree, MVPs are far too easy.

MVPs with more HP it just seems that way because you have to do so much more damage to get the loot.

Not exactly, this is actually from testing and some testimonials from some of my guildies who religiously camp 12 hour spawn MVPs and deal with other guilds attempting to comp them.

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

10 years would be accurate, no exageration which moves on to your first post.....

Umm I don't think Suras, champs monks or g-fist were even a thought in the dev's mind when the MVP system was developed. You can tell this by looking at how badly thought of class balance is. Back in those days I don't think they planned for anything more than 6 months into the future.

It's just a crappy system. A flawed crappy system. I've seen it fail by watching people wail on Angelling for a minute then have an LK come by, CS is and take the loot. (which is KSing, not a FFA monster etc) but that is the situation it's supposed to protect from, it's nothing to do with MVPs.

Most likely it's because they were incapable of coding a seperate loot drop system for MVPs. Infact, I would bet money on that.

#17 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

I actually agree with you Xellie. I do think it is a broken system and no of course it wasn't designed with Sura's in mind. However, that is how it has worked out so it isn't necessarily horrible.

I think the easiest fix to this problem is to just reverse the loot tables. Switch regular drops and MVPS drops so the person who gets MVP gets the actual loot. However it WILL require some balancing so what I mentioned above does not happen (gfist).

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

I liked it in the old days where a pure MVP monk was a hard thing to level so you deserved that damage. :<
That at least made it somewhat fair.

Slightly on topic I guess but not really on topic.

(edit: LOD excluded of course)

Edited by Xellie, 27 July 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

I liked it in the old days where a pure MVP monk was a hard thing to level so you deserved that damage. :<
That at least made it somewhat fair.

Slightly on topic I guess but not really on topic.

I helped a friend level his back in the day, we had to leech it and that was like running while being chained up to a car.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

uphill in the snow both ways AND YOU FREAKIN ENJOYED IT

#21 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

AND YOU FREAKIN ENJOYED IT

Some days, when it was fun to talk on vent, other days it was zzzzzzzzz cause nobody would talk and I felt like this Posted Image

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:54 PM

Being a sin, I really didn't get the benefit of parties.

Vent really made it great tho, kinda in a way I miss it. Except not, I dont think I can put that much effort into a game anymore X_X

#23 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

i miss watching high priests tank mvps and watching them get the mvp reward. that :P was cool.

#24 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

Ive found that when out DBing outside south pront if i spam a whole bunch of DBs and fire trap them people can just automatically pick up the loot. Whats up with that garbage. I thought they had to wait till like 10 seconds or so before they could loot since it was still my item. This happens everytime i DB and i just find it screwed up.

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Do note that if the person who dealt the damage is dead, they can't get loot priority. This may be relevant in some of the situations mentioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users