wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

it seems it is cus every party kill my monsters even seeing im fightimg em so can i do the same on parties monters?

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

KSing has never and never will be allowed. However, it really doesn't stop people from doing it since there's usually no penalty or punishment for those that do it. A lot of people in our community just don't care about other people. Sad, but true...

Regardless, you can always report it... Who knows, maybe something will get done.

#3 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

Accidents happen but repeated intentional ones are not allowed.

I believe it says something along the lines in the Terms of Service: "....using items, skills, or the game environment to intentionally disturb or harass other individuals..."

#4 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

Of course it's not allowed. But good luck getting the GMs to take action. By the time they even answer your tickets the event will be over and even if they do suspend the offenders it will likely only be a two day ban... A punishment that, in the mind of the KS'ers, is probably totally worth all the easy levels they're reaping (stop editing posts for superfluous reasons).

Edited by Kitten, 27 July 2011 - 11:20 AM.

#5 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

Oh come on. That's not a bad word.

#6 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

The GM Ticket response time is quite a bit faster than in previous weeks, the queue is down so if you are being killstolen, send a report. Retaliating usually results in the original victing ending up with a suspension.

#7 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

Last time I reported people, they replied to the ticket fairly quickly, but they 'investigated' for the duration of the event, and then closed the ticket once the event ended.

If anyone significant (which are usually the people doing this) gets suspended for any worthwhile duration of time during the event, I will be very very surprised.

#8 Neba

Neba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

The GM's will do nothing.

The best thing is to publicly announce who the egregious repeat offenders are, or to inflict the same amount of pestering or more to said individual.

With that said, to the P.O.S 150 GX for KSing in Scaraba hole 2 that is in Valk guild called srqzxysob or some variation of that horrible name, The internets karma will get you. Youre on my list mattafaka.

#9 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

The GM Ticket response time is quite a bit faster than in previous weeks, the queue is down so if you are being killstolen, send a report. Retaliating usually results in the original victing ending up with a suspension.

I have to ask, I've gotten replies in a matter of hours... So why do they still say 'we apologize for the delay in our response'? o.o

#10 Neba

Neba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

I would love an explanation how you plan on proving anything. You can hardly ban bots, or spammers. I highly doubt you would have the capability of actually punishing real players with actual logic over something like KSing. Even more so if they buy WPE.

#11 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

you should take a look down in scab lvl 2, I was doing my kill count with my guildies and I had a group of people ksinf me every time they saw us.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

This is gonna sound mean but, join a party or kill faster. (ya ya I prefer soloing too)

As much faith as I have in the GMs dealing with repeated KSers, they still take some time to deal with it etc, so you have to handle it your own way in the mean time.

Comedy option, spam DBs/BBs if they're not disabled. Someone ALWAYS does it. (no please don't I'm joking, it just usually makes fun for the people who are KSing)

#13 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

Comet book is quite useful down there =)

#14 Neba

Neba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

This is gonna sound mean but, join a party or kill faster. (ya ya I prefer soloing too)

As much faith as I have in the GMs dealing with repeated KSers, they still take some time to deal with it etc, so you have to handle it your own way in the mean time.

Comedy option, spam DBs/BBs if they're not disabled. Someone ALWAYS does it. (no please don't I'm joking, it just usually makes fun for the people who are KSing)

You can still be KS'ed while in party, and you can still deal more damage than the KS'er but it doesnâ??t change the fact that they are also dealing damage and that they are being a pest.

Best thing is to take the matter into your own hands and retaliate.

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

only if you're a god item toting bastard and can KS them faster than they can KS you :P

#16 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

Personally, we try to avoid KS'ers, but events like this tends to bring out HUGE groups of them. When a group of eight wanders by, KSing'ing everything they see, it's rather frustrating.

And I'd rather not have the whole DB/BB thing happen. Pre-renewal, there was an ice titan turn in, and someone claimed we were camping 'their spot' on the level... and then spawned 3 BBs.. This was the last straw over several things that had been happening at the time, and we pretty much decided to quit because of that. (and other things, but like I said, the last straw).

There's usually enough spawn that people shouldn't HAVE to KS, and if you're soloing, it never hurts to ask to join in. We'll usually let people join, as long as we're not over 75% done.

#17 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

I was KSed a bit recently in Ice, though, there was also a few situations where my party and another party were just totally mobbed by an obscene amount of Gazeti's and Ice Titans, and we all just spammed attacks every which way without caring.

It's also sort of annoying when you have some random LK following you and using your party as a shield...

#18 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

You're all silly...it's allowed.

#19 Watt

Watt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

If you are a chaser just manhole or chaos panic them it is pretty funny.

#20 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

In one of the games that I used to play, still do from time to time, when a monster is attacking you, NO ONE else can attack it but you, this pretty much made people go away and it becomes a competition on who is the fastest clicker and fastest killer. And then once I got on RO, I was shocked that the monster I'm killing can also get killed by another player, big difference that I did not expect.

#21 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

In one of the games that I used to play, still do from time to time, when a monster is attacking you, NO ONE else can attack it but you, this pretty much made people go away and it becomes a competition on who is the fastest clicker and fastest killer. And then once I got on RO, I was shocked that the monster I'm killing can also get killed by another player, big difference that I did not expect.

This was a reallllllly bad problem in the alpha and beta testing when the population was insanely bigger and of course full of bots. Worse over there wasn't much of a customer service like we have today and seeing a GM was like seeing a 5 leaf clover. The loot priority wasn't even in at that time, and people would follow you around looting you not even killing. I've always wished for something in the nature of player/party priority for monsters, not sure how easy that is for the RO Development Paradigm but it would certainly help a lot.

#22 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:12 AM

It will never stop.. unless there Gm start to banned the concurrent offender for a weeks or 2

#23 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Make the punishment a big enough deterrent so that would be kill-stealers think twice. The current penalties do very little to deter. Something like roll back their charas or delevel for repeat offenders.

Trying to catch every offender is never going to happen, instead make the community alter its behaviour.

#24 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

Regarding Support Tickets I would like these changes and answers:

1. Stop apologizing for being late. A ticket takes a while to respond to, you have hundreds of requests to take care of, this is normal for all online games.

2. What is the current average response time for a ticket? Keep in mind, we have gone from "months" in the previous years, to "weeks" so this is a valid question.

3. How are you handling bot report tickets? Are these being answered and taken care of, or put into a stack marked "Bots" which is taken care of by a gm when he has time or is set to finish them?

I don't mean to overload your screen with a larger font size, but I feel these are important, perhaps you would agree.

#25 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

The GMs seem to think it's OK. Or maybe they're just too desperate for players to punish any of them.

You have whole guilds KSing down in Scaraba now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users