Super Novices, and the Chef's Hat - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Super Novices, and the Chef's Hat

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Theogrin

Theogrin

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

Hello! This might be a bit of an odd 'first post', but it's something that's been sticking in my proverbial craw for a few days, and I have to ask.

When looking at the various online resources for RO - quests, equipment, et cetera, from the iROWiki Database primarily - I noticed that one hat specifically stood out as far as utility vs. convenience is concerned: the Chef's Hat. There are effectively very few in-game benefits to the hat - +1 DEX, but that's little more than a splash in the pond - and yet, it's barred from novices and supernovices. An entire aspect of crafting has basically been blocked off for those of us who have a supernovice as their main.

Now, having taken a look at the Cooking system, as well as the leveling system, I can't imagine that cooking in general is an ideal gameplay decision, especially with the Eden Group buffs (which automatically provide +7 to all stats, using that same cooking system). However, for those of us who play our characters a bit differently than the established norm, another avenue of exploration and whatnot would be wonderful - to say nothing of another quest to do!

So. As it currently stands, there's little downside to allowing novices/supernovices the ability to cook, especially as a Zeny sink (outside the stat boosts, which are economically infeasible) - and a greater one in NOT allowing them access. I realize that most folks don't play Supernovices except as Merchant alts, but for that subset of us who actually do consider them a viable subclass, I'd love to see more options available that wouldn't totally destroy the game.

Anyway, just a suggestion of sorts!

(PS: Yes, I know about the Soul Linker skill. Not a big fan of being tethered to someone like that.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users