32 replies to this topic

#1 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

Hi there,
i watched the forum closely but i didn`t get a hint about skill guide.

There are only posts about stats and which ways of building like dagger/atocast or bow/divest/trap and so on.

But i missed something from former euroRo and fro.

Here is no Guide for Skills.

I mean for example
first you have to learn bash and after bash magnum break on lv 5
for that build

and for the other build you have to learn increase agi at lv 6/bless lv 5 and so on

So...if there is a player which have any idea of Skill Builds i would like to know about it.

#2 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

Well, we SC are near useless on MVP because our skills does not work on them (The ones that gives status ailments in particular). We can't even cast Manhole on MVP maps.

My point is, we're mostly for PVP and WOE. We just grab whatever skill we like that would annoy the hell out of people.

If you're PvE based, we mostly copy other classes skills to assist us with that, which is entirely up to you.

Must have are:

Shadow Formation - Atleast level 3. This is always for WOE and Party plays or else risk suspension for killing people on purpose outside WOE.

Reproduce - Atleast 5, since this is usually to copy 3rd class skills, most of them caps at 5.

Shadow Spell - This is for Caster Chasers only. At most level 9, unless you prefer to lose auto cast percentage for a few more sec.

Deadly Infection - Honestly, aside from WOE, you're not going to catch monsters debuffing you with this active. They debuff when you're not that attentive.

Invisibility - Meleeing while hiding, why not?

That's it. There's barely much point in debuffing monsters with divests or masquerades, so it's really up to you.

#3 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

Your skill build will depend entirely on what you'd like your Chaser to do. As such, it's pretty self-explanatory from there. I'll set up a skill build example on my guide later. Been busy with leveling and such during this event. xD I'll edit this post once I update my thread. =x

#4 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

Yeah but PVP and WOE is complet useless for me, because my internet is to low for that.
i hardly can play on normal monster maps so to play woe isn`t even possible to think of it^^

I need a good build for PvM.
I mean i am not interestet in Partysharing i am a lone wolf.

Right now i am lv 102/9

Str: 60+7
Agi: 103+7
Vit: 28+5
Int: 12+6
Dex: 70+6
Luk: 1+9

I have the following skills.....

i only tell the Rogue/Stalker/3rd Class skills...

Vulture`s Eye 10
Double Strafe 10
Stalk 2
Gank 5
Mug 4
Backstab 4
Sightless Mind 5
Snatch 5
Intimidate 10
Sword Mastery 10
Preserve 1
Counter Attack 3

3rd Class...

Reproduce 5
Shadow Spell 3

I have Fire/Ice/Wind/Earth Damscus
Double Ancient Damascus
Double Beholder Gakkung
Double Kingsbird Gakkung
Double Hallowed Gakkung

Mocking Mufler/Hard Armor/Eden Boots 3/Sakkat/belt of Strength/Cranial Guard are my standard Equip.
But i also have Water Armor and Genies Muffler.

So which way do you think is best way to skill?
which skills/which stats/where to level?

#5 Crabtipus

Crabtipus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

Does Shadow Spell get affected by animation delays or can you have multiple Meteor Storms/LoVs proccing at once?

#6 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:50 AM

you can only have one from each skill.
so you can`t copy twice Meteor storm

#7 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:59 AM

By the way...i am planing to go on int 60/vit 60 agi 120.
So but with this build right now i can`t go party sharing and besides with my internet speed its even impossible.

So the thing with stupid firetrap doesn`t work with my internet because i have many lags.

Magmarings aren`t good anymore...so where can i level?

It where great if there aren`t so many player.

#8 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

I'm a proud Caster Chaser myself. However, we sacrifice in hybriding magic gears, it's pretty impossible for us to flee against monster above level 100. Caster Chasers are for party play or slaving an AB around (We suffer what Wizs do), something Trap Chasers seldomly needs.

Shadow Spell can proc even after a spell is already casted but only a few stacks. My choice of skills are:

Jack Frost - Crowd Control or killing weaker mobs.

Storm Gust - Again, crowd control only but can be auto casted. Great protection from getting mobbed.

Meteor Storm - My favourite DPS. It stacks with other casts, so it can really help deal with small mobs too.

Lord of Vermillion - One of my least used choice. Damage is not all that great and doesn't stack. I've only used this during Ice Dungeon Turn In.

Psychic Wave - I heard this is int and level dependant only to deal damage. This isn't a skill most Caster Chaser can benefit off of when you just made it to 3rd job, due to needing to invest in Agi/Dex/Str first before Int.

As for gears, invest to get an Ice Pick, Bazerald (Or Elemental Sword/Nigh Seeker Swords if you're extremely rich), and Moonlight Dagger (Must have! We don't regenerate like Mages or Priests, so this helps a lot. It restores SP on spell hits too).

Feel free to ask about ASS SC, I'm sure there might be a 150/50 ASS SC around that can enlighten us. I'm only 112/26 at the time of this post.

Edited by Kaillera, 05 August 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#9 Crabtipus

Crabtipus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

Is Duple Light decent on a auto spell chaser?

#10 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

I haven't used Duple Light myself yet, due to my level 5 reproduce. At Level 10 it gives 200% ATK + 400% MATK. Without my Bazerald I will hit 1700 on Duple Light I reckon. With Bazerald, I will do less average damage.

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

I stopped being lazy and made a skill build for you:

http://irowiki.org/~...qAcKjNeFdBeb3In

It's a sample build based primarily on what an AutoShadowSpell Dagger would need. The reason the Vulture's Eye 10 is there is because it adds +1 Hit for every level you master. So that's a free +10 Hit towards your melee attacks. Since you don't plan on PvP/WoE at all, I completely threw out the option of Divest skills.

Duple Light 10 is a staple for AutoShadowSpell builds. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, as it stacks with the skill you Intimidate as you are Autocasting. Duple Light's damage highly depends on a balance between both the Physical and Magical attack potential of your weapon. Get a high-upgraded Bazerald and you'll be fine, because you'll be making up for its low Weapon Attack through those upgrades.

Finally, I'm going to give a biased opinion and say that you shouldn't do an ASS build unless you get either 100 total Vit or do the 120 Base Agi build.

Good luck.

Edited by GuardianTK, 09 August 2011 - 11:43 AM.

#12 Keollyn

Keollyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

Oh vulture eye is important even to melee characters? Didn't know that.

#13 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

Oh vulture eye is important even to melee characters? Didn't know that.

I'd avoid putting points into vulture eye if you're melee. That 10 skill points are precious else where while adding 10 dex does the same.

Bazeralds are horrible melee weapons IMO because you need to upgrade it a lot to get a decent off it damage. It's also fire elemented, so there's less choice of what you can hit.

I have 3 daggers: Ice Pick for melee damage, Bazerald for when I'm spamming magic, and Moonlight Dagger to recover SP with melee, or autocast, or magic spammimg.

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

I'd avoid putting points into vulture eye if you're melee. That 10 skill points are precious else where while adding 10 dex does the same.

Bazeralds are horrible melee weapons IMO because you need to upgrade it a lot to get a decent off it damage. It's also fire elemented, so there's less choice of what you can hit.

I have 3 daggers: Ice Pick for melee damage, Bazerald for when I'm spamming magic, and Moonlight Dagger to recover SP with melee, or autocast, or magic spammimg.

Well it's not required, but that +10hit most certainly helps for high-end monsters with high flee. What would you suggest putting the rest of those 10 "precious" skill points into though?

Well you could always endow the Bazerald. Can't be hard to make an Endow-Slave Sage. That and the other option is the Valorous Damascus from BG, which gives both 105atk and decent matk as compared to the Bazerald and is neutral. You also have to consider end-game scenario. Scaraba Hall is currently one of the best places to level up at for 150 if you plan on solo'ing. Everything there's weak to fire. Moonlight Dagger's a good suggestion though, but it'd only be there to restore the SP and not for DPS purposes. Ice Pick would be nice for a place like that though, but it'd be horrible to use if you're planning to be an ASS Chaser. Your Meteor Storm would do terrible damage with the lack of weapon matk, hence the reason why Bazerald/Valorous Damascus are so important to an ASS build. Duple Light's damage also depends on a balance between the two.

Edited by GuardianTK, 10 August 2011 - 11:43 AM.

#15 Crabtipus

Crabtipus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

Moonlight Dagger to recover SP with melee, or autocast, or magic spammimg.

Wait does auto shadow spell use SP when you proc stuff? O_o

#16 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

No, but if you haven't reached the stage to fully utilize just auto casts and duple light, that'll mean you'll spend a bit of time casting magic for party supports like Jack Frost or even Psychic Wave. Moonlight Dagger can refill your SP rather quickly if you auto cast Storm Gust while Jack Frosting, or even Lord of Vermilion.

#17 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:34 PM

Shadow Spell - This is for Caster Chasers only. At most level 9, unless you prefer to lose auto cast percentage for a few more sec.

Is it still like that on iRO??
It was changed before renewal even got here, to have 3% higher instead of 2% less chance on lv10 than lv9, and duration jumping up to whole 300sec.

So its basically either 7 or 10.

#18 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

Right now i changed my strategy^^

But something is bothering me.

I have Fire Trap skill because Reproduce.
And i skilled a lot on Dex/int and vit but i do the same dmg i`ve done before with that skill-.-
Even my Int is much higher now-.-

I have now only 80 agi/50 str/70 Dex/and all other in vit and int^^

I plan on making....Autocast/Dagger/Fire Trap/Bow Build.

It isn`t very hard because you already need Dex for Dagger and for bow and for fire trap build.
You need int for Fire Trap and autocast build.

So i plan on going in dungeons where are many monsters and spam there fire traps and for other monsters i use RTB or other single attack element spells.

But right now i have an problem in getting rich^^
Because i only have auto steal at lv 6.

And i don`t know where to get the best loot.
So i need to make 60 Million zeny as fast as it is possible.^^
So if any one from you guys have some clues where you can make good money,please tell me.

Besides my SC is only lv 107 so don`t tell me to go to odin shrine or Thors Volcano XD.

#19 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:35 AM

Ah and one more question...i mentioned it some times here...

some from you are speaking about something Named "DPS" what is DPS?

#20 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

DPS refers to Damage Per Second. The more damage you can deal in a short time, the better.

I'm not very lucky when it comes to rare item hunting. I found a Mandragora Cap as the first few kills in New World though, which worths 70m IMO.

#21 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

A Musketeer Hat would help you greatly to increase your ASPD to increase your chances of triggering autocasts.

#22 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

How did you get all your chars so high?
I mean i play since 7 months but i am only lv 107 with my SC and thats my best character.

#23 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

How did you get all your chars so high?
I mean i play since 7 months but i am only lv 107 with my SC and thats my best character.

I've been playing RO for a long time but decided to quit 6 years ago and came back again this May. Although for being gone for such a long time, my old-timer's knowledge wasn't so helpful with the new features in the game.

Since I noticed they changed so many things in Renewal, I tried to stick around and studied the game on what things has changed and which places I can grind efficiently.

Also, with all these EXP and TI events and box events that give access the 3X Manuals, grinding in renewal is a joke compared to prerenewal. I remember leveling my Sniper for months to 99 but in Prenewal, it only took me a week from 1-150 during a double EXP event.

Ok back to topic:

Fire trap SC = boring as hell but fastest way to level SC.

Shadowspell SC = fun way to level with, making your friends go "OMG, your SC is spamming Meteor Storm, that's so cool! I want one now". However, it's not as fast in leveling. :P

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 06 September 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#24 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:39 AM

1 - 150 in one week?
Thats CRAZY!
I mean sure if you have every single Equipment more worth then 100 Million zeny ok it may be possible but without such a lot of money i thing thats impossible^^

Besides i played 5 years on euro and agree with you in the topic about the changes and that our experiences from prenewal aren`t any worth.

But after starting renewal in april... i buyed some from this 3x BM and normal BM too...sure my Rogue leveled very fast from lv 90-99 in the double exp event in combination with the BM....but my SC only get in Double Exp Event in Magmadungeon 1 base in 3 hour so its hard to believe that it is possible to get to 150 in one week^^
Besides... i haven`t seen so many 150/50 characters running arround...i mean sure sometimes i see one but in this way where you was saying "ah thats easy i only needed one week" there must be more characters running arround with 150/50^^

#25 Kingcool

Kingcool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:42 AM

My opinion is that after reaching 3rd job class the way until lv 150 is the same way as in prenewal from 1-99.
It tooks the same time.
And there is the same failure like in prenewal....after some time playing you need millions of exp but only getting a bit, like i said...its the same way like prenewal...only one differenz...in renewal you can get realy fast to 3rd class^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users