#1 Meketrefe

Meketrefe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hi all.

My apologies if I'm making a thread that already existed, I tried the search function but didn't find any thread that answers the question I got to ask. What DNAs are the most efficient damage wise for a Ranger? (which most likely will be only used in raids). I started a ranger not long ago and I don't know much about this class so I'd appreciate any help for the DNAs! (also if someone has a good build and wants to share it I'll be happy to take a look!)

Thanks in advance

#2 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

For raids I'd suggest a couple in Sniper's Coolness extension, rebuffing every 2 mins is a nightmare.

Example build

Swap DNA from Poison Bomb to Upgraded Repairing Launcher if you don't wanna lose that much defence. Doesn't matter so much in a raid

Put some pvp skills in build too. This is my current build anyways - raid slave mainly!

#3 Meketrefe

Meketrefe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

Hummm thanks, not quite what I'm looking for. I got no problems rebuffing SC every 2 mins hehe as long as I get more damage from other DNAs. Range Extension is out of the question (woah it rhymes). Stealth Detection, I really doubt I'll be using this toon for PvP so that one is out too. The rest of the build looks pretty much as I'm doing it now (tho I was planning to leave Uppercut level 5 and put some points into traps for some extra damage).

This is the build I'm aiming for at the moment.

Now as I see, Weapon Upgrade is a must and Poison Bomb Firing is also pretty useful so I guess I'll max both. What should I put the other 5 points into? Launcher Mastery DNA? or Repairing Launcher DNA? (or mixed :S)

Thanks!

#4 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

I used to have the traps skilled, but I would have done more damage just shooting in the time it took to place them and get back to AA. That was before they were affected by light resist, so now it's prob not worth bothering with on bosses :dunno:
Also the fact you'll be out of MP after about only a few traps anyways.

But if you're not using the other skills you might as well put them in!
I kind of miss them for PvP, was nice for unstealthing unsuspecting rogues :lol:

You could do this with the DNA
Upgrading Repairing Launcher DNA gets a little jump from L5 to 6, worth taking 1 point out of PBF for the extra 19 damage.
Taking a second point out of PBF only loses 5 damage, and put it in L1 Mastery for +12 damage!
Though it's 5 damage less you could be buffing on other people o.o

And Escaping dash thing - I personally find maxing it is too much. Disappear from the battlefield ><

#5 Meketrefe

Meketrefe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

Well that's useful, thanks a lot tally!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users