#1 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

The title speaks for itself. I really think there should be a limit to how many times one can megaphone in a certain amount of time. Say, 5 per day account-wide. I feel like this is more than enough to advertise items, recruiting for guilds, or even giving a shout-out to someone reasonably.

How do you all feel?

#2 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:31 AM

Sorry but I'll have to say no, just b/c I like using megaphones to get players involved in player-hosted events. Why not just add an option to ignore megaphones? Give players the following options:

- Megaphones show up normally at top of screen and in chat windows.
- Megaphones show up normally at top of screen but not in chat windows.
- Megaphones do not show up at top of screen, but show up in chat windows.
- Megaphones do not show up at top of screen or in chat windows.

#3 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

Sorry but I'll have to say no, just b/c I like using megaphones to get players involved in player-hosted events. Why not just add an option to ignore megaphones? Give players the following options:

- Megaphones show up normally at top of screen and in chat windows.
- Megaphones show up normally at top of screen but not in chat windows.
- Megaphones do not show up at top of screen, but show up in chat windows.
- Megaphones do not show up at top of screen or in chat windows.

That would be very nice, but I doubt they would ever implement being able to hide megaphones completely.

#4 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

That would be very nice, but I doubt they would ever implement being able to hide megaphones completely.

and i doubt they would put a limit on how many we can use per day.

#5 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

and i doubt they would put a limit on how many we can use per day.

But it would still be nice.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

how many you could use every 30second limit would be nice

#7 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

how many you could use every 30second limit would be nice

good idea. 1 every 30 seconds is enough i think.

#8 xBayoo

xBayoo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

10 hour cooldown on the megaphones please.

#9 oricon123

oricon123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

Yes, just like other consumables put a cooldown on them. At least its not like most other games where global chat is unrestricted :dunno:

#10 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

good idea. 1 every 30 seconds is enough i think.

10 hour cooldown on the megaphones please.

YES PLEASE

#11 FrigidImpulse

FrigidImpulse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Server:That one server

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

y'all say that now, but wait till you need one and its on CD because y'all wanted it that way to begin with. A lot of things happen you may or may not like, something as small as Megaphones popping up in chat isnt a big deal, if you dont wanna see it, turn off System chat, you wont see it at all except at the top for a few seconds, that you can just ignore.

EDIT : fixed a typo

Edited by FrigidImpulse, 03 August 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#12 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

y'all say that now, but wait till you need one and its on CD because y'all wanted it that way to begin with. A lot of things happen you may or may not like, something as small as Megaphones popping up in chat isnt a big deal, if you dont wanna see it, turn off System chat, you wont see it at all except at the top for a few seconds, that you can just ignore.

I'm assuming you've never been on/haven't been playing long enough to see when ppl spam hundreds in a row

#13 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

look, i turned system chat off, so im not annoyed with something as small as Megaphones popping up in chat. im annoyed with the one that i can see on the top of my screen that has nothing to do with the game and spam it over and over again. looking for party, buying, selling, trading, or even looking for a guild is the kind of megaphones that is used in the right way, or even congratulate someone.

1 megaphone per day is enough for me.

or is it you thats against this because you're the one who likes to troll and spam the megaphones?

I'm assuming you've never been on/haven't been playing long enough to see when ppl spam hundreds in a row

hes post count is 2. im assuming hes really new.

Edited by manifuelt, 03 August 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#14 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

Haven't quite read this thread, but for those who use Megaphones for trading, buying, and selling, in a future update, there will be a chat tab strictly for trading. This tab will allow you to keep trades in a specific tab and may be channel or server wide. Though there is a chance for abuse, it should mitigate the issue with megaphones. There will also be plenty of chat changes as well. I'll be providing more information regarding it in the New Origins thread so be attentive to it there.

#15 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

Haven't quite read this thread, but for those who use Megaphones for trading, buying, and selling, in a future update, there will be a chat tab strictly for trading. This tab will allow you to keep trades in a specific tab and may be channel or server wide. Though there is a chance for abuse, it should mitigate the issue with megaphones. There will also be plenty of chat changes as well. I'll be providing more information regarding it in the New Origins thread so be attentive to it there.

you're fast replacing Steve in my heart Posted Image

#16 FrigidImpulse

FrigidImpulse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Ive played long enough, and Ive been pissed at a guy being annoying my fair share, and Ive played several games where the world chat was abused. Anyone heard of WoW? of course you have, trade chat is horrid, go to a Role Playing server on WoW and listen to trade, or goldshire chat. That'll teach you how to ignore people.

#17 FrigidImpulse

FrigidImpulse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

look, i turned system chat off, so im not annoyed with something as small as Megaphones popping up in chat. im annoyed with the one that i can see on the top of my screen that has nothing to do with the game and spam it over and over again. looking for party, buying, selling, trading, or even looking for a guild is the kind of megaphones that is used in the right way, or even congratulate someone.

or is it you thats against this because you're the one who likes to troll and spam the megaphones?

and yea I get pissed at that dam thign up top to, and so what if I only started playin this game a few days ago? that doesnt make me wrong.

and also, I never said I was against it, I gave him a slight change in his setup that can mitigate his problem.

and I dont waste my money buying megaphones, cause they arent needed, my guild is enough for everything I need.

Edited by FrigidImpulse, 03 August 2011 - 08:19 PM.

#18 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Ive played long enough, and Ive been pissed at a guy being annoying my fair share, and Ive played several games where the world chat was abused. Anyone heard of WoW? of course you have, trade chat is horrid, go to a Role Playing server on WoW and listen to trade, or goldshire chat. That'll teach you how to ignore people.

1. you double posted
2. a few days is nothing compared to almost a year of this abuse.
3. Nah I won't touch a game i have to pay $15 bucks a month to play. Waste of money.

#19 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

and yea I get pissed at that dam thign up top to, and so what if I only started playin this game a few days ago? that doesnt make me wrong.

and also, I never said I was against it, I gave him a slight change in his setup that can mitigate his problem.

and I dont waste my money buying megaphones, cause they arent needed, my guild is enough for everything I need.

did i typed something about you being wrong because you are a new player?

WoW can block the chat just like DS, we can block the system chat. but does shout out in WoW appear on top of the screen? as far as i remember, no.

and why are you double posting.

regardless, we just have to wait and see in the next patch.

Edited by manifuelt, 03 August 2011 - 08:28 PM.

#20 FrigidImpulse

FrigidImpulse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

that looks like it to me.
ALl of this is pointless, y'all are nerdraging over a problem with a certain player, and taking it out on me because I didnt come here agreeing with you, your pickin and choosing yoru arguement for the sake of arguement.

SO let me rephrase for your misguided attempt:
1 - I AGREE WITH YOUR SUGGESTION
2 - HERE IS A WAY TO SOLVE IT

Im not gonna waste my time on this subject anymore. if you wanna troll me for tryin to help, go play WoW.

#21 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

ALl of this is pointless, y'all are nerdraging over a problem with a certain player, and taking it out on me because I didnt come here agreeing with you, your pickin and choosing yoru arguement for the sake of arguement.

Im not gonna waste my time on this subject anymore. if you wanna troll me for tryin to help, go play WoW.

man a certain player? more like a lot of players.

#22 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

man a certain player? more like a lot of players.

just like storm said.

i do play WoW. and why do you refer WoW so much?

#23 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

you're fast replacing Steve in my heart Posted Image

I think your hamster withdrawal issues are getting to you.

#24 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

I think your hamster withdrawal issues are getting to you.

nope just wanted another quote.

#25 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

1. I have a hamster. She is vicious and adorable.

2. FrigidImpulse has a point but is completely false in his execution of it. To a degree we as mature players should expect to tolerate annoying players. On the other hand it's such an annoying recurring issue that to ask everyone to tolerate it for the simple-minded few is out of the question. It is terribly annoying to see people spam megaphones constantly over silly things. On the other hand, they paid for these items with money. If a balance such as a cooldown could be agreed upon everyone would be happy without having to give up much.

If the cooldown were too low, though, I would imagine it wouldn't be much better. 10 hour cooldown actually isn't that crazy of a suggestion. Perhaps a four hour cooldown or so would be reasonable. That way mature Megaphoners could plan out to use their megaphones for appropriate times during the day if looking for a party or a trade--which won't be an issue soon. And the others... well, they never had that large of a brain anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users