Megaphone Use Limits - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Megaphone Use Limits

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

1 mega for day!

#27 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

It irks me when someone is megaphoning for help or sell items and some d-bag over megas it with spam.

Edited by StormHaven, 05 August 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#28 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

There will also be plenty of chat changes as well.

oh my god
Are they finally fixing it so I can send a message without my character waving, then holding up either an O, X, or Triangle sign? I NEED TO KNOW.

IT'S LIKE YOU'RE DANGLING THIS DELICIOUS CHAT CARROT IN FRONT OF MY NOSE, BROLANVOID. I WANT IT.

#29 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

If we're going to implement a CD, multiple hours is waaay, waaay too long, IMO. What if you simply make a mistake, or forget an important part of the message? Also, what about the issue where you can't fit your message in one megaphone? Considering these issues, I think a CD of 2-3 minutes or so would be sufficient. I mean, if every player is forced to wait 2-3 minutes between megaphones, that would cut down dramatically on spamming, IMO -- mostly b/c most spamming occurs when people want to go back and forth with a "regular chat" conversation via megaphones to make themselves feel more important. And if they have to wait even 2-3 minutes to respond, the conversation will probably already be over, or the moment will have passed for them to say whatever thrilling thing they wanted to say.

At any rate, I personally don't see the need for any changes to megaphones. I, myself, have no trouble at all just ignoring them completely. You can customize your chat channels to stop megaphones from appearing there, and the message at the top of the screen really isn't all that bothersome, IMO.

#30 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:54 AM

If we are just trying to get rid of spam even a 1 min cooldown is enough, and I agree with Rin, they are not that annoying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users