Proposing a new MVP system - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Proposing a new MVP system

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

Let me just say that I am sick of MVP and how they work. So you run in and join a ensuing fight, so what? You're not going to get anything. I don't remember if you lose exp for dying by them, but if so that's even more pointless. If you're a Priest class, it's even more hopeless.

My idea how it should work:

1) Everyone gets something for hitting. Loots will still appear on them even if they die. Loots will not be able to be picked up by another person and disappears after 3-5 minutes.

2) To stay qualified for a loot, you must have dealt damage in the last 3-5 minutes since the last attack. This prevents leechers and make people actively attack to stay. Atleast Priests can lob a Holy Light to get something.

3) Alternatively the item could go straight into their inventory as long as they're on the map dead or alive while qualified of course.

4) The person who dealt the most damage, as well as the person to hit it first gets MVP loots. If one person does both, then the second person who dealt the most damage gets it.

This provides fair MVP experience and would amass groups to appear to take them down. Screw classes like Sura or RK taking it all the times.

I don't care if they were to make MVP take longer to spawn (As long as there's something that tells you when possibly), but the system as it is right now is just horrible.

#2 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

1) impossible, are you saying some random-_- n harry can come along hit the mvp with a stick for 1 dmg and get a loot? Also, the loot disappears in 1 min in the current system

2) also rubbish, priests were meant to support, you shouldnt expect them to use holy light halfway doing their healing and support

3) yes, this is the best point of all of them

4) In other words, you can get a total of 2 times the MVP loot? Well for one if there could be 2 ppl it wouldnt be called MOST valuable player.

There is no such thing as fair in the world. You want the MVP? you search nicely for it, the devs have done enough to take out convex mirrors and the gravestone system is coming in soon. Secondly there is also the MVP summoner if you are so keen on MVPing. Lastly, dun screw these classes, i dun play any of them but i dun get pissed off by them because after all the system works well for me such that if i were to hit the mvp 1st and if i were to do well damage to it, the-_- or harry that intervened wunt get anything

#3 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

MVP's are about competition, not co-operation. If your serious about MVP'ing, make a MVP char.

#4 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

This would never happen. kRO isn't going to take the time to rehaul the system specifically to your needs. :S

#5 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

If you want private MVP sessions where you can take your time and not worry about anyone jacking your stuff, go VIP and use the summoner room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users