jexp manual do NOT stack. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

jexp manual do NOT stack.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Xancath

Xancath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

When they were originally released they weren't stacking at all w/ 3x or HE bms, can anyone confirm that they stack now before I blow my 30+ from grooves.

Edited by Xancath, 01 August 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#2 Xancath

Xancath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

anyone know?

#3 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

If you read the maintenance notes, it will let you know that they are in fact stackable.

#4 Xancath

Xancath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

Yeah.. it was in the notes that they were stackable when they were introduced but in reality they were not.

Hence my skepticism.

#5 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

Yes, they do.

Out of curiosity, what did you do and what was the effect?

#6 Xancath

Xancath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

So, today after needlessly wasting a job manual with a 3x I observed that the jexp in-fact did NOT stack with the 3x. The only increase in jexp was a 50% inc on the base job exp earned(500 instead of the anticipated ~4000) not scaling with ViP, 1.5x server rates from event, 3x battle manual.

Very disappointing what a waste of money.

Edited by Xancath, 01 August 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#7 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

Just because they don't multiply with other bonuses doesn't mean that they don't stack. The idea is that you can use it and a battle manual together and get both bonuses together instead of just one bonus to your jexp. Whether or not you think that is worth the money spent is another issue...

#8 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

Just because they don't multiply with other bonuses doesn't mean that they don't stack. The idea is that you can use it and a battle manual together and get both bonuses together instead of just one bonus to your jexp. Whether or not you think that is worth the money spent is another issue...

That *does* mean they don't stack.

Add = Added on to existing multiplier - 200% + 50% = 250%
Stack = Applied as separate multiplier - 200% + 50% = (200 * 1.5) = 300%

They work fine, but they do not stack, they add.

Are they worth using? Well, that depends on how many other multis you have in play, how much you're willing to spend, etc, etc. I'm not a big fan personally, but I have some from the groove pack thing, and hey, free xp. :mellow:

#9 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:37 PM

That *does* mean they don't stack.

Add = Added on to existing multiplier - 200% + 50% = 250%
Stack = Applied as separate multiplier - 200% + 50% = (200 * 1.5) = 300%

They work fine, but they do not stack, they add.

Are they worth using? Well, that depends on how many other multis you have in play, how much you're willing to spend, etc, etc. I'm not a big fan personally, but I have some from the groove pack thing, and hey, free xp. :mellow:

You mean that does mean they DO stack right? Stacking just means it has an effect. Not stacking would mean if you had an HE and popped a Job manual it would add NO extra exp. They just stack additively not multiplicatively(spelling?).

#10 Gabe22400

Gabe22400

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

There are already several post on the forums about the effects and the formula already

#11 TankHunter678

TankHunter678

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Weird, I have VIP and I used a 3x BM and a Job Manual and at the time, I was getting 10k exp for both base and job when killing wraiths. At level 83 against DPs I was getting 12k exp and 11k Jexp.

Its possible that the system has a glitch in it that it only stacks properly when VIP is included in the mix. As I can confirm that with VIP it does indeed do exactly as it says.

#12 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

It stacks as an additive, not a cumulative. If it DIDN'T stack, you couldn't use the jbm if you had the x3 on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users