So what's the deal with 3rd classes? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

So what's the deal with 3rd classes?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

What the hell is with 3rd classes killstealing, skill abusing, and generally harassing newbies to more conveniently leech their alts and friends? I was trying to take a break and level some of my lowbies a bit today, casually, in noob places... Good god, it happened so often with zero apologies from anyone. It was made obvious that myself (and new people who just didn't understand why this person was harassing them endlessly) were human, public chat and all. The "I thought they were bots" does not apply.

I never understood this attitude of stepping on newbies for fun or convenience, really, but it seems so prevalent, especially on Valkyrie.

Doesn't it feel a little like beating up a small child to steal their candy? o.O I don't really care if you are giving said candy to your little brother. Isn't it kind of, you know, pathetic? WTF, guys.

#2 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

Honestly, it's the same on all the event maps. Even Scaraba2 has parties that will get all up in your party and stand there KSing.

So no. Not just the newbies.

#3 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

For some reason when I read the title of your topic I read it with a Jerry Seinfeld voice Posted Image

#4 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

Honestly, it's the same on all the event maps. Even Scaraba2 has parties that will get all up in your party and stand there KSing.

So no. Not just the newbies.

Unfortunately, that is far too true (and a large part of why I tend to avoid event maps altogether), but somehow, it seems meaner when people treat newcomers to the game that way. @___@;; It does not make for a welcoming environment at all. At least by the time you get to scaraba, you are pretty much addicted... usually. XD

For some reason when I read the title of your topic I read it with a Jerry Seinfeld voice Posted Image

Mission accomplished. :mellow:

#5 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:16 PM

:/ I don't get why people did that. And it's not just 3rd classes, to be honest. During the orc turn ins, I had this party of 2nd class characters follow around my then-Paladin and KS EVERYTHING.

Also, one time I was leveling my Filir on poporings, I wasn't AFK, I wasn't sitting around, I was mobbing monsters, and this Sura comes up and uses Sky Blow. :/ I asked him if he thought Angeling was there and I might be having trouble with it, and he just called me a noob. >>

Both cases, very pathetic people.

#6 Zeniachan

Zeniachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

On event maps, it's usually accidental (not always though.) But on noob maps... *shrug* You should report them or something. Especially if it looked deliberate, and I'm guessing it did. Is it always the same person/people who do this?

Yeah, event maps are crazy sometimes. One time in Geffenia when I was in a party of like 12 people, I accidentally used an attack skill on someone else's monster because party HP bars tend to delay appearing when people walk back from off-screen and everyone looks the same to me sometimes. It missed though, thankfully. I was like... "Oh shi- ...Oops! Gomenasai! x_x" Seriously it's hard to tell sometimes.

This especially gets to be a problem with GWing parties, when everyone gets mingled together as the party immediately begins to move after GWinging while other players are around. Sometimes it feels like the game where someone puts a ball under 1 of 3 identical cups (maybe 5 to 10 cups sometimes, depending on how crowded it is) and swaps them around quickly, then you have to guess which cup has the ball under it. Only if you lose, you risk getting accused of KSing and possibly reported for it if you lose too many times. And if you choose not to play the cup/ball game altogether, your party members die because you didn't help them kill the monsters. Or the other parties might just KS your party instead.

I personally wouldn't report someone unless they KSed and stole a valuable drop (from a miniboss, for example) or if they were repeat offenders and were obviously deliberate about it, especially if they skill abused. It's not that hard to tell the difference, really...sometimes people just seem to overreact, regardless of whether it was accidental or deliberate.

#7 Nick221cen

Nick221cen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

heh good luck reporting them ive sent in numerous tickets in from parties that have KS me and my friends (thanks to fraps) but since no one ever does anything about it nothing gets done and so the rant will forever continue on...... *sigh* yeah i is abit angry about it

#8 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

I've had this happen when I was an aco, and my husband's mechanic was tanking for me... and someone comes up and KS's it, then says "Oh, I thought you were a bot."

Seriously?! Like there are so many aco/mechanic bot teams out there... I think he was called something like RetardedKid, which fit...

But yeah, it sucks. Of course, I have the reverse problem, when my 3rd job guildies are trying to DB (and yes, we make sure to kill EVERYTHING we let loose), these lowbies come up, and try to KS the DBs. And then try looting our stuff! And then get pissed when they actually MANAGE to hit the Incarnation of Morroc and it kills them, and we refuse to rez them... gah.

#9 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

It's sadly become a very common thing... :< I really wish something would be done about clearly intentional, or even blatantly careless KSing in general. I would have reported if I felt it would have any effect; in fact, I was half way through the ticket before I said "screw it."

I get the accidental stuff, really. It happens to everyone at sometime or another, especially on a busy map... but for some examples of what I mean from today's fun exploration, for the sake of clarity:

• Archer levelling. Enter a new party with AB slave. AB pneumaing so archer cannot attack any of the monsters... while the slaved merchant with her killstealing mercenary attacks at leisure.
  • A warlock doing that fun full-screen KS. "Well, considering I'm levelling a friend, could care less" was the response. Direct quote.
  • Lots of 'I'll just walk up to you and kill this thing you are stabbing' from random high level players. Especially fun after they dump a mob of aggro stuff on you.

I guess in the end, a lot of people are just jerks, but it would be nice if at least there was some fear of punishment... ._. Eh, I know it won't make a difference probably, but I wish GMs were stricter in general, since the general population can't behave civilly otherwise... Also,

Posted Image

Think of the newbies.

#10 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

Posted Image

That picture it epic.

And I really do wish these people would get punished. :< I tried reporting these jerks at first, but nothing got done, so I gave up. Why waste my time with something that gets ignored?

>> The warlock thing happens way to much, imo. I gave up leveling places because I got so sick of it. And let's not forget about AFKhemists! Their homunculi always kill my mobs before I have a chance to properly mob up.

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:21 AM

hahaha that is epic indeed

#12 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:53 AM

Side effect of what happens when people easy level their mains and get bored.

#13 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

I thought DB monsters were free-for-all? There is, either way, no obligation to resurrect anyone you don't want to, though - particularly when it costs money. You could ask for 5k (ygg leaf) or the looted items in exchange for a res. ;P

Boredom is hardly an excuse for harrassment or rudeness at someone else's expense. There's plenty to do if you get bored, but if a player is bored of everything RO, then get into another game, or work on something else. Seriously, wish people had the brains and/or the courtesy to not take it out on someone else...

#14 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

The GMs won't and haven't done anything so I usually harass the guilty KSer. Harmonize works wonders on GWinging, Geneticists killer, parties that know exactly what they're doing when they KS. I would have done it to this party last night at Scaraba, but I had an endow on and didn't want to switch to my instrument.

#15 Keollyn

Keollyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

I want to become a protector of the newbies! When I am high leveled, any abusers to the newbies will get dimension doored

Posted Image

Edited by Keollyn, 02 August 2011 - 07:41 AM.

#16 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

Sometimes this is true in reverse for us 3rd class trying to level our alts or friends. Human players would run up and try to kill steal my monsters, especially Archers the most.

My way of solving their kill stealing is to screenshot them in action and annoy them a bit for annoying me. I buff and heal their monsters, or pneuma if they're Archers. They eventually say "I didn't do anything to you" when they confronted me when obviously they did, and needed a little reminder. They usually leave me alone. I got their screenies trying to make my day bad.

Edited by Kaillera, 02 August 2011 - 11:12 AM.

#17 bitbucket

bitbucket

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

People only follow the rules when there is a very real threat of being punished for their misdeeds.

Since nobody gets punished for it, everyone does it.

#18 BradleyRyan

BradleyRyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

I've been ks-ed multiple times since I started playing RO. Now I don't get stressed over it anymore. Back then, I used to think they were bots... until my brother told me bots don't KS- people do.
:mellow:

Most ks-ing could be prevented with judicious use of pneuma. :blah:
For the rest there's the forum to vent your frustrations or you could submit a ticket. :D

#19 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

Tell that to all the stems i've had looted from me by those mean aco-bots from the old days. There have been ksing bot versions since before Valkyrie server. Though, most everyone you actually see ksing a lot on Ymir is a real player.

I've definitely seen an uptick in kill stealing recently. Seems to me, a few temp bans are in order.

#20 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

As you said, fear of a lack of punishment.

So little gets done about anything anymore that a lot of people just don't care anymore. Some think that you're killing slower than them so they're entitled to your mob, others do it just to be jerks...

There's just no risk behind anything when it's the internet. People lose themselves quite often online, sadly, and do things they'd never do offline.

#21 Exeter0

Exeter0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

*RG mobs Venatus*
*RG stops and uses RD*
*RK comes along and uses DB*
*Mob dies, RG goes /omg*
*RK says "You weren't doing much damage, so I killed the mob to save you."*

That situation happened to my brother. Did he really think that we would be leveling at that place if we couldn't handle it? So people are just so... ugh.

I find it funny though, when they try KS'ing my mob, but I've already killed the mob before their skill could go off. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users