*Shameless Plug* - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

*Shameless Plug*

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, it's a lot of fun running around with them when you know how to use them properly. I absolutely love Mercs for my lower level characters. /lazy.

I leveled in new word with them, even with the faulty pre-renewal status... :) Cornus and nagas were a breeze (FS AB)

#27 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

Mercenaries are kinda a nice counter to white imprison and something better than staying looking pretty while cursed circled too... and other things. With the right AI, they sometimes save you from Gfist even!

I haven't used mercenaries since I started playing rune knight, sadly. It's kinda... you live anything and everything so there is no need to do much other than dragon breath, CS and maybe a rune here and there.... at least for a bad RK like me x3

#28 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

On another note. The price of donuts has gone out of control. Some douches are trying to sell them for over 90m now on ymir. I'd like to see this re-released too so that the price goes back down to 5m, where it was about 2 months ago, before the exchange event.

#29 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

There's a reason I got one when they came out in the original lucky boxes

I'm sick of every "nice" headgear turning to :) because they get recycled into lucky boxes over and over. Some things need to be rare.

#30 darkagentx

darkagentx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

So you're saying the only reason you got one earlier is not because you wanted one, but you wanted to opportunity to sell it when it's rarity meant paying you a large sum was the only way to get it? Pity then I don't want one so bad that I'm willing to pay someone far more than the item is worth.

#31 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

So you're saying the only reason you got one earlier is not because you wanted one, but you wanted to opportunity to sell it when it's rarity meant paying you a large sum was the only way to get it? Pity then I don't want one so bad that I'm willing to pay someone far more than the item is worth.

No, I got it because I wanted one and knew it might not be available later. I'm not even selling mine, but when you constantly recycle items it gets to a point where nothing is valuable anymore.

#32 darkagentx

darkagentx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Ah, I think I see what you mean, that's fair enough. I guess I just interpreted your point as 'I don't want more people to have it so it's worth more to me'.
Given the nature of RO is that is has such a huge range of gears, making it so desirable gears are easily available kind of ruins that. In hindsight, imagine if you could make slotted sunnies in game again. Everyone would be wearing sunglasses. I guess with regards to certain items I feel I missed out on, I sometimes just think it'd be nice if there was a way I could get to them. I rather like doing the headgear quests, even the crazy ones; like the Orc Hero helm and the Detective cap ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users