#126 SirNikon

SirNikon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Locationhere >.>
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

Can't resist seeing what you say? More like doesn't like missing part of conversations that might help me out somehow, but I will ignore/un-ignore as I see fit

anyways, I'm done talking about the damage, I just want tanking to not suck in PvE, and an aggro feature

well aren't you a peach?

#127 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

Can't resist seeing what you say? More like doesn't like missing part of conversations that might help me out somehow, but I will ignore/un-ignore as I see fit

anyways, I'm done talking about the damage, I just want tanking to not suck in PvE, and an aggro feature

So you want DO to be a WoW clone.

#128 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:49 AM

Oh god please no...

#129 Gangrian

Gangrian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:59 AM

...Aggro? I don't get it.

For a brief second, let's allow a semblance of tactics and realism into DO and how the real world works. Tanks if you will are not as impressive as air raids and tanks do far less damage than air raids. And in the game terms, Myrms do less damage than say a Warmage. If a person(or boss) had craptons of health like the bosses do, it would make sense for them to completely forget that there is a tank because over all the contribution will be small and focus their fire on the strikers and the nukes. (Thieves and mages)

Now, that being the case, then there is no reason at all for tanks because taking hits only wastes time that can be used to focus on more offensive capabilities. A tank should not have to just stand there, have aggro and do piddling damage, the tank should not even exist because it wastes time. Now this begs to ask who will protect the more squishy people in the party? And the answer is simple, they either have enough defenses at their disposal to not be squishy or to negate damage entirely. (Mana shield, Slow Heal, Insta heal, Burrow, high evade etc.)

DO tried to redefine the terms in an MMO, and I appreciate that, because now it is getting more to the point of a realistic battle. (Let's disregard the fact that the AI is stupid) Tanking becomes obsolete because having to heal a person who is intentionally getting hit reduces efficiency of the team, and you will want all strikers and nukers and AoE control people.

If they were trying to put Paladins as the tanks of the game, then they did exactly what they did correct the first time. High HP, high def, and low damage, because comparatively, that is what a tank does. Piddling damage the entire time while the strikers and the nukers are blowing the opponent to pieces. Myrms they did mess up on, they were supposed to be powerhouses, but they ended up being AA batteries, who couldn't even wear shields.

#130 Hitogoroshi

Hitogoroshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWith your mom

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

aside from the graphics its pretty damn close to being a wow clone already, IMO...except the normal quests are almost pointless (they have been up until 45 at least)

#131 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

aside from the graphics its pretty damn close to being a wow clone already, IMO...except the normal quests are almost pointless (they have been up until 45 at least)

The similarities are remarkable. It's like they copied Blizzard's coding and everything.

#132 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

The similarities are remarkable. It's like they copied Blizzard's coding and everything.

Am I missing the sarcasm?

#133 Hitogoroshi

Hitogoroshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWith your mom

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

Am I missing the sarcasm?

of course he was being sarcastic, but sarcasm won't chance the fact that this game is very similar to WoW just with cutesie little manga characters

#134 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

of course he was being sarcastic, but sarcasm won't chance the fact that this game is very similar to WoW just with cutesie little manga characters

How so? The skill simulator?

#135 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

All the MMOs before WoW also copied WoW. Food for thought.

#136 Hitogoroshi

Hitogoroshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWith your mom

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

All the MMOs before WoW also copied WoW. Food for thought.

this game was not before WoW, and WoW is just a better version of this game with more variety, if I could pay for WoW I would be playing that but college has me on a budget

also my cpu can handle these graphics better and I have friends who play this

#137 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

this game was not before WoW, and WoW is just a better version of this game with more variety, if I could pay for WoW I would be playing that but college has me on a budget

also my cpu can handle these graphics better and I have friends who play this

Yeah yeah, you got your money saved for your college tuition and many girlfriends, I've heard it already.

I didn't say it was but okay.

Having friends is nice, I don't have any.

#138 Hitogoroshi

Hitogoroshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWith your mom

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

Yeah yeah, you got your money saved for your college tuition and many girlfriends, I've heard it already.

I didn't say it was but okay.

Having friends is nice, I don't have any.

I didn't say anything about girlfriends in our PvP tiff

#139 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

Am I missing the sarcasm when you said DO is nearly a WoW clone?

Btw, I'd think you'd get more FPS in WoW than DO, no? At least it is for me.

#140 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:48 AM

...Aggro? I don't get it.

For a brief second, let's allow a semblance of tactics and realism into DO and how the real world works. Tanks if you will are not as impressive as air raids and tanks do far less damage than air raids. And in the game terms, Myrms do less damage than say a Warmage. If a person(or boss) had craptons of health like the bosses do, it would make sense for them to completely forget that there is a tank because over all the contribution will be small and focus their fire on the strikers and the nukes. (Thieves and mages)

Now, that being the case, then there is no reason at all for tanks because taking hits only wastes time that can be used to focus on more offensive capabilities. A tank should not have to just stand there, have aggro and do piddling damage, the tank should not even exist because it wastes time. Now this begs to ask who will protect the more squishy people in the party? And the answer is simple, they either have enough defenses at their disposal to not be squishy or to negate damage entirely. (Mana shield, Slow Heal, Insta heal, Burrow, high evade etc.)

DO tried to redefine the terms in an MMO, and I appreciate that, because now it is getting more to the point of a realistic battle. (Let's disregard the fact that the AI is stupid) Tanking becomes obsolete because having to heal a person who is intentionally getting hit reduces efficiency of the team, and you will want all strikers and nukers and AoE control people.

If they were trying to put Paladins as the tanks of the game, then they did exactly what they did correct the first time. High HP, high def, and low damage, because comparatively, that is what a tank does. Piddling damage the entire time while the strikers and the nukers are blowing the opponent to pieces. Myrms they did mess up on, they were supposed to be powerhouses, but they ended up being AA batteries, who couldn't even wear shields.

True. Myrm don't ave enough damage as they supposed to be. Gladiator is even worse. Hopefully with the extra boost on the new patch, they will be better.

#141 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:55 AM

lol@pallies complaining...

1. agi doesn't increase attack speed.
2. strength, agility, and health all add defense. strength adds the most defense.
3. paladins are tanks, what game has you stack str on a tank? lol. then again, they're not so much tanks post patch zzzzz
4. every class has terrible mdef in general except for mages. so uh, enchant your armor? pallies get highest def with a 3x% block, 5x possible.
5. i dunno, 50% imperv is still good, unless of course you're the type to just stand there and take hits
6. hows sociology working out for you?

Ummmhh, a question. Is there any stats that increase attack speed and movement speed??

#142 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:11 AM

Ummmhh, a question. Is there any stats that increase attack speed and movement speed??

no

#143 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationSaint Mary - RS, Brazil

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

If DO is a WoW clone, WoW is a MU Online clone, because MU was launched 1 year before. So, GG.
Hitogoroshi, DO is nothing like WoW. Just because you can wear armors and weapons, it doesn't mean that it's a WoW clone.
Alganon is a WoW clone. Neo Steam is a WoW Clone. Dragonica is not.

Edited by Hawly, 04 September 2010 - 10:05 AM.

#144 mrchuna

mrchuna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Earth

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

warriors and thieves way under-powered compared to mage and archer. and warrior and thief class upgrades are under-powered as well. the battle magheand preist upgrade is so much better than knight or gladiator and sin and trickster and further upgrades. archers are more over powered as well but less over powered then the mages and upgrades.

#145 Gangrian

Gangrian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

warriors and thieves way under-powered compared to mage and archer. and warrior and thief class upgrades are under-powered as well. the battle magheand preist upgrade is so much better than knight or gladiator and sin and trickster and further upgrades. archers are more over powered as well but less over powered then the mages and upgrades.

Why not be more specific. How are they over powered as compared to under powered. And plese define your terms. Does overpowered mean "No chance of winning" or what? I don't understand what you are saying because all I hear is; "OMG give warrors boost!! and Neenjas /trx need boost 2!ZOMG mage pwn 2mush!"

#146 mrchuna

mrchuna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Earth

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

Why not be more specific. How are they over powered as compared to under powered. And plese define your terms. Does overpowered mean "No chance of winning" or what? I don't understand what you are saying because all I hear is; "OMG give warrors boost!! and Neenjas /trx need boost 2!ZOMG mage pwn 2mush!"

base attack for theieves and warriors are sucky and all skills dont have much damage when i compare to battle mage i doing mission map with. like we cant freeze the baddies and stuff like that. y u gotta hate on me?

#147 Gangrian

Gangrian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

base attack for theieves and warriors are sucky and all skills dont have much damage when i compare to battle mage i doing mission map with. like we cant freeze the baddies and stuff like that. y u gotta hate on me?

I wasn't hating, I was just wondering in what aspects you thought that warriors were underpowered.

I do agree with you that Glads/Myrms should be given a boost, because their damage is low and it does not fit their image as the powerhouse on the battle field. Paladins however, should have the lowered damage, because if they were trying to make Paladins the "tank" class then their damage should not go beyond that of a nuker/striker.

Theives on the other hand, I don't know what you are talking about. Harle/Trix are second to none when it comes to mobbing. They are one of the fastest if not the fastest person at clearing away mobs.

Ninjas on the other hand are supposed to be single target killers. Or at least based on the lore of the story that is their image. So they loads of damage to a singular target, as opposed to mobbing.

Battlemages are AoE nukers, that means they do a large amount of damage to an AoE. In comparison yes, Battlemages are arguable one the best AoE'ers, and one of the more powerful, but that does not make them over powered. I have personally played both a Knight and a Glad, and the only issue I had was the Glad killed to slow to fit the image of the power house. The paladin I was fine with doing the low damage, because that is what the Paladin is supposed to be doing as the tank. (Bear in mind when I say low damage I mean comparatively.)

Archers aren't all that over powered, against a boss, they can't aas, which is where DPS comes from, on an archer sometimes. It is however balanced because due to the lack of defense an archer is more "squishy".

Most of the issues however that arise with balance come up in PvP. I don't know of anyone who complains about PvE being imbalanced. Aside from maybe Pallies/Knights or the Glad/Myrms.

#148 mrchuna

mrchuna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Earth

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:50 AM

I wasn't hating, I was just wondering in what aspects you thought that warriors were underpowered.

I do agree with you that Glads/Myrms should be given a boost, because their damage is low and it does not fit their image as the powerhouse on the battle field. Paladins however, should have the lowered damage, because if they were trying to make Paladins the "tank" class then their damage should not go beyond that of a nuker/striker.

Theives on the other hand, I don't know what you are talking about. Harle/Trix are second to none when it comes to mobbing. They are one of the fastest if not the fastest person at clearing away mobs.

Ninjas on the other hand are supposed to be single target killers. Or at least based on the lore of the story that is their image. So they loads of damage to a singular target, as opposed to mobbing.

Battlemages are AoE nukers, that means they do a large amount of damage to an AoE. In comparison yes, Battlemages are arguable one the best AoE'ers, and one of the more powerful, but that does not make them over powered. I have personally played both a Knight and a Glad, and the only issue I had was the Glad killed to slow to fit the image of the power house. The paladin I was fine with doing the low damage, because that is what the Paladin is supposed to be doing as the tank. (Bear in mind when I say low damage I mean comparatively.)

Archers aren't all that over powered, against a boss, they can't aas, which is where DPS comes from, on an archer sometimes. It is however balanced because due to the lack of defense an archer is more "squishy".

Most of the issues however that arise with balance come up in PvP. I don't know of anyone who complains about PvE being imbalanced. Aside from maybe Pallies/Knights or the Glad/Myrms.

yeah but have u seen the sin and ninja and trick and up. they have suck normal attacks they barely do 200 and im lvl 27 right now my lvl 15 archer can do that right now! oh yeah i also keep up to date with my equip

Edited by mrchuna, 04 September 2010 - 11:51 AM.

#149 Gangrian

Gangrian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

yeah but have u seen the sin and ninja and trick and up. they have suck normal attacks they barely do 200 and im lvl 27 right now my lvl 15 archer can do that right now! oh yeah i also keep up to date with my equip

Yes, I have seen them, and what part of Trickters are one of the fastest if not the fastest mobbers at those levels is not getting through?

Ninjas as I have stated earlier, are better for shot gunning. That means they do damage to a singular target. If you counting a classes power simply on spamming X, then yes, your idea will be skewed.

#150 Augrelle

Augrelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

If DO is a WoW clone, WoW is a MU Online clone, because MU was launched 1 year before. So, GG.
Hitogoroshi, DO is nothing like WoW. Just because you can wear armors and weapons, it doesn't mean that it's a WoW clone.
Alganon is a WoW clone. Neo Steam is a WoW Clone. Dragonica is not.

Other then the fact that if you was around during the alpha interview at AHI you would of seen an interview where they said for Dragonica they are taking popular systems from WoW, maplestory, and ragnarok online (kind of ironic how this game is now being published by the same iRO). So yes, This game is part of a wow clone, part of a maple clone, part of a ro clone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users