Cards which Add a chance of gaining 'Something' each time a monster is killed - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cards which Add a chance of gaining 'Something' each time a monster is killed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cauterize

Cauterize

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLeeds, UK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:25 AM

Just wondering if the likes of the Mimic card which Add a chance of gaining Old Blue Box each time a monster is killed, is worth considering while grinding.

What is the actual percentage of these bonus item drops happening? Is it your usual 0.02% or something much higher?

Thanks

#2 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:33 AM

30 minute 1 OBB?? that was in ice titan....while On RK...Clashing Spiral like Mad...

4~6 OBB while on Maestro farming Blank in OD1... every 30 minute..Killing Mob

#3 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

Sorry but where is OD1?

I think it also depends on the monster that is killed? Although iRO wiki did mention its a 0.1% chance. But if that really was the case, its impossible for an RK to get 1 in 30 mins CSing ice titans. You can't possibly kill 1000 Ice titans in 30 mins right? Thats like 1.1 every 2 seconds o.0

Edited by Noumi, 03 August 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

You'll find like 10 more OBBs farming Ninetails than relying on that lame card. It's such a waste. They should raise the rates for it to at least 0.5%...

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

I thought the rate was lower than 0.1% too.... In any case, the rate on mimic card is garbage...

The +3 stat food ones (completely obsoleted by VIP stat buff npc for most players!) have 0.5% chance, the box of (something) ones have 1% chance, plasma card is 2%. Myst case is crappy low rate. Spare is 1%. Rose is very very low rate.

#6 darkagentx

darkagentx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

When I'm hunting low level items on my blacksmith (also gives me ore discovery and greed), I typically wear a myst case or knocker carded headgear, a spare card and a mimic carded clip.

Unless I need one of those slots for something else badly. Doesn't hurt, but yes, I hardly ever get obbs and gift boxes, but it's nice when I do. Heck, if you want to hunts obbs, why not wear one and hunt a monster that drops them?

#7 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

I suggest plasma card. I have all the loot cards and it's by far the most profitable over time.
A Gaia sword is also pretty sweet. It drops crystal blues and stuff, with the occasional elu.

#8 Keollyn

Keollyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

Yeah just fight the tails instead. I got 2 OBB tonight and I only fought 10 tails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users