Possible 3rd Class Balance Change - Page 4 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Possible 3rd Class Balance Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#76 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

er i'll update the OP with the information after I've gotten some sleep first.

#77 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

The biggest problem though is that the Balance is still in testing phase on kRO. People just can seem to understand that this is the biggest obstical blocking us from getting the balance patch. Heim and iRO GM's can only get the patch once it becomes Official and goes on the kRO main servers. However with only 20~40 people on kRO Sakray testing, I doubt this will happen anytime soon if kRO doesn't make any Balance test event to encourage the testing. Heck there is no level up npc only an instant max level one that can only be used by 3rd classes. How do they expect us to test formulas when 1 they don't give them out and 2 they are mostly level based and we are forced to either grind to test the formulas.

Also you still didn't answer my question, don't you think you should include the balance changes that came before 4/13 too? As these aren't all the changes kRO have made up till then like the skills for Rangers.

Edited by Clogon, 05 August 2011 - 02:57 AM.

#78 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:32 AM

I want to finish translating all of 4/13 patch changes first (Wanderer/Maestro remains). After that I will go through the kRO fan website to translate pre-April balance changes.

#79 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:04 AM

Ok I've changed the OP with Clogon's detailed information. I did not update Hundred Spear and Clashing Spiral yet because they are not part of 4/13 Patch, these changed will be posted once I start translating 4/19 Balance changes. Guillotine Cross Venom Impress and Cross Impact change translation was also removed because they are part of more recent balance changes. These will be re-posted once I start translating 4/19 Balance changes.

#80 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

Clashing's been horribly OP since the day it was put into the game... exacerbated by the addition of heavier spears and then Gloomy. However, if it IS going to be OP in some way, it should be with the assistance of another class, not on its own. So... yeah, good stuff.

Clashing has not been OP since the day it was put into the game.

Before renewal Clashing did 8k damage at max using a cardo, and with endows around 12k. On my old LK I had worked to get high upgraded gear so I could solo Salamanders in Thors, using water endows and that.
And it worked too, I did around 15k per CS.

But no, it was far from OP before.

I think it's a good change to see hundred spear being altered to accomodate light spears. That way, even if you have a spear that does not too much damage, but is light you will still be able to do alright damage with it.

And in regards to clashing being underpowered now; They are releasing(one day) a spear that has 2000 weight. I'm guessing all these plans have been set into action long ago, but they have been remembering "Hey we made that spear which has 2k weight, yeah we have to consider that".

So CS will be a "one hit wonder" when that spear comes out, but it also has limitations, in the spears description there is a big cooldown on CS while having it equippped, and there are some other negatives about it, but I can't remember what those are.

I'll definitely be checking out Hundred Spear though.

edit: I think a big fault with renewal is that they increased damage from mostly all third classes by a lot, instead of like, clashing going from 8k to 25k, using a cardo.
Skills are too powerful and people have too little hp, pots are available so it's not really something great.

Imo, pots ruin the gameplay, especially in pvp and woe. Instead of really powerful skills doing 40% of a thank character's HP we have to aim for one-shotting, because we can just pot up the lost 40%.(just an example)
Now if we had skills actually be balanced, perhaps our HP raised to the double of what we have now, but disable pots in woe and pvp, then we would have a different way of gaming.
Then it's not dependent on who has the most supplies and who wastes the most money, it's dependent on your gear, your character, your skill playing your class.
And in woe, priest would be useful again. But then healing would have to be boosted around 50%-80%.

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 05 August 2011 - 06:56 AM.

#81 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

I got slightly confused from all the updating, when is it estimated that we will get the Hundred Spear class changes and the others, what are we actually getting now?

#82 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

iRO is getting the pre-April skill changes, which deals with bug fixes and whatnot.

#83 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Added Wanderer/Maestro changes. 4/13 Class balance patch translation completed.

#84 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

4/13 Class balance patch translation completed.

Woot, good job man! Posted Image

#85 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

@zr0rieu:
HS was changed in 4/13 however it was over powered (CS bonus was multiplicative so it dealt MASSIVE damage) and was fixed on 05/25.

#86 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:44 AM

Thanks for the information but I'm not sure if I should add a skill that is obviously bugged/broken to the list of translation.. hmm

I'll add the HS changes and add a note that it is bugged and it's been fixed in a future patch

Edited by zr0rieu, 06 August 2011 - 03:45 AM.

#87 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

why are we removing masquerade skills from mvp. i dont believe ignorance can be used already.
making weakness and groomy the only ones really anybody uses :blink:

#88 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

If this is the full extent of their ballancing, they'll end up having a riot on their hands. There are a ton of current players who have been awaiting a ballance patch since renewal, and are not likely going to be appeased by haphazard skill tweaking.

#89 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

This is only one phase of the balance patches

#90 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

This is the only patch we will get this year.

Oh silly you, we already knew that.

#91 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

Oh silly you, we already knew that.

If you're gonna quote me do it right.

#92 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

I'm just saying, we all know things take time with RO.

But the GM team does a good job, nonetheless. So yeah. I'm out for the night anyhow, gonna play some Amnesia and sleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users