God seals on the 23rd of Aug - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

God seals on the 23rd of Aug

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

Why are you changing it now to 100 people to close? Now that all the bigger guilds have made theirs you change it now. You know how much it is going to hurt the smaller guilds. Do you guys have somehting against the smaller guilds?. If you are changeing it to 100 people to close it is it going to be 100% guaranty to make the item after we struggle to get 100 char threw the seals? If not why should we even try. Why dont we just give up and quit RO because of this change. I dont knwo abotu you, but trying to get a smaller guild, not saying mine guild but lets take Absolute. They got like what 10 people in the guild that are active. You know how much work it would be for them to even do 50 char threw the seals, let alone 100 char. I dont know whats going threw your heads when you make this choices. Let alone at the start of the school year, so now even less people will be playing in the smaller guilds. So it will make it even harder for them to run the seals. Please reconcider this choice, or make it fair for the smaller guild vs the bigger guilds on this matter.

#2 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

true the rewards are nice to get from seal 2, but that's not why they are going to 100 I think. I tried to do seal 2 once but never go threw it, so I gave up on seal 2. How ever I am not talking about getting the rewards from the seals. I am taking about running threw them for making a god item.

#3 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

to late for that, from what I know, almost all the bigger guilds have made all theirs. just the smaller guild needs to make theirs. If they do change this then it will just make it harder for them to do it.

yes it will let more people do the seals for the exp or badges, but if a guild wants to roll the seals just for the making the god item, they will have a harder time then it is now. Plus they are not even guarantied the item. Why put in all that effort if it goes to 100 people just to have it stolen. We ran the seals a few weeks ago, and it was stolen from us, but we laughed it off. I told my guild that they are changing it back to 100 people and they are just like me. Saying the same thing as me.

#4 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

i don't think it's hatred towards smaller guilds, it's ignorance rather.

or maybe they just want to sell more reset stones, to people spamming seal 2 for exp?

#5 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

I guess you don't understand my position. my guild is a regular castle holder. We don't have a problem holding a castle each woe, and no we don't have any god items made yet. The fact is there are a few god item sets now. Only people in smaller guild have them now. Now what you are saying just because the bigger guild have a huge amount of god item, us smaller guilds don't get to make ours, because you think there is to many. How is that fair to us?

the seals don't roll themselves except seal 2. The other we will have to roll all the way.

#6 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

I guess you really dont understand how hard it is to push even 50 char threw the seals in 1 guild. yes the bigger guild are better at it, yes the bigger guild are more organized. We can push the seals 50 times, but doing it 100 times. Just cant do that.Its way to much.

#7 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

look at the seals now, they dont get pushed anymore. Nor do they close fast. I dont think they will change anything but the number of people to close the seals. I guess all i can hope is the GM team figure something better out then upping the number and making impossible for the smaller guild to roll them.

#8 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

I'd love to spam seal 2. Just need some reset stones~

I actually LIKE this change. Not that I WoE or anything, but I seriously think there are too many god items on the server. Seriously, if a small guild wanted to start up and earn god items, either by buying them off of people or, somehow, getting a castle, how possible is that? Not very. I've been in smaller WoE guilds, and you know what, we could hardly get or hold on to a castle because of the shear amount of God items on the server.

Also, getting people to roll the seal? Seriously. With the rewards, the seals pretty much roll themselves too. If you really need help rolling a seal, just ASK people. Put up something on the forum, get people's attention. Also, why do it quickly? Think about how much exp lower level guildmates could get with repeating it multiple times.

All of this whining makes me so happy I'm in a guild all to myself, especially when there are actually simple solutions to it, like not spamming the server with god items.

Well ya small crappy guilds like the ones u were in dont get god items or hold castles regularly. But contradictory to ur belief, a small guild can hold castles and get god items if they can play iRO somewhat decently. It is painfully obvious that you know very little when it comes to making a god item. Lol @ seals "rolling themselves" and "ask people" to help! Hey guys were rolling the seals on so and so date wanna help? Thats more like an invitation to any other guild with items to make that they can try and ninja our roll. Join our guild, roll the seals with us and then lets hear what u have to say.

#9 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

There is a solution(or planned I guess). I guess people just forgot about it because it's been months without an actual word of when it will be implemented. It was supposed to be like an instance x guilds compete by doing a monster kc and I assume at the end, will be the dwarf that teleports you into the hallway to run. The people that pretty much rolled the seals will get a head start and those that didn't will have no advantage over those who did most the work.

#10 epikhigh

epikhigh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

instead of posting and QQing now, you can just go on and roll it yourself NOW! You have 2 weeks, you're wasting time QQing it on forumns tbh, nuff said.

#11 RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Well ya small crappy guilds like the ones u were in dont get god items or hold castles regularly. But contradictory to ur belief, a small guild can hold castles and get god items if they can play iRO somewhat decently. It is painfully obvious that you know very little when it comes to making a god item. Lol @ seals "rolling themselves" and "ask people" to help! Hey guys were rolling the seals on so and so date wanna help? Thats more like an invitation to any other guild with items to make that they can try and ninja our roll. Join our guild, roll the seals with us and then lets hear what u have to say.

I actually see the seals being completed fairly quickly in a matter of hours quite regularly, pretty much every week.

If people are on and they see a seal going, they're going to "ninja [your] roll" no matter what due to the server-wide announcements. If a small guild wants a god item badly, they can still complete the seals themselves late at night when nobody else is on. Just repeat the quest over and over.

(Pro tip: If you want someone to join your guild, you probably shouldn't insult them before telling them to join you.)

Edited by RedPhoenix, 04 August 2011 - 05:48 PM.

#12 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

Other people do the quests too for the rewards. I actually like this change so maybe I can do some of those quests just to get the rewards from them. They close Seal 2 closes too quickly for people who want to just do the quest for the rewards and not get a God item out of it.

Only seal 2 rolls itself. The others close either after a long time or when a group decides to do them for some reason other than the rewards (e.g. god item).

The last time seal 2 opened about 8 hours after a god item make, guess how many times my friend and I had to do seal 1?

... Answer: 24. (how benevolent of the mysterious stranger!)
Well, I guess that's still better than a few months ago when we had to do 25 all by ourselves.

I'm one of those people who aren't doing the quests for god items. I've done seals 1 and 3 hundreds of times (and seal 4 a few dozen times--people who aren't doing seal 4 for god items eventually learn an important lesson). If they increase the limit to 100, we're just going to stop doing that altogether. What's the point of wasting so much of our time just to get in a few more seal 2 runs?

As for seals 1/3/4 closing "too quickly"... seriously, who can't complete a simple quest within a matter of days?*

* see: last 15 seal rolls on Ymir
Spoiler

Edited by renouille, 04 August 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

I do not support this planned change. There's nothing I feel I need to say though, that hasn't already been said better by others.

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 August 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#14 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

How nice of you. I was at least trying to be HELPFUL. Maybe I don't know that much, but I see seals roll multiple times every night. And one of those guilds wasn't crappy. I never said, nor do I believe that a small guild can't hold a castle or get god items, it's just not likely for them to do it as much as the bigger guilds. None of my suggestions were all that horrible. If people would just show SOME kindness, which you're obviously not, then it is possible. Nice way to be completely rude to someone simply trying to help, you jackass.

I honestly appreciate ur insight and helpful suggestions. But calling someone a whiner then offering ur help is not exactly kind, sorry if i hurt ur feelings. Unfortunately being nice does not get god items made, it gets ur hard work stolen by someone with a faster connection. Seals dont roll themselves, when u see those announcements, its more than likely a group of specific people trying to make an item using multiple accounts/characters. Its a lot of work regardless of what ppl say. Ya Shadow may come across as QQ'ing, but hes being realistic and not naive. Increasing the # of ppl needed to close the seals will only make it more of a guarantee that only larger powerful guilds will be able to take advantage of god item creation.

Edited by DeathDealer, 04 August 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#15 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

Just leave me out of this now. It got annoying. I'll just leave you guys to QQ while I'll enjoy actually being able to do some seals.

#16 valarauko

valarauko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

I do not support this planned change. There's nothing I feel I need to say though, that hasn't already been said better by others.

^^ This and then some^^

#17 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

It's good for seal 2, but I could honestly care less either way.
Be thankful that so many sets were made, because it moderately increases your chance at eventually getting yours made.

Hard work pays off, or even persistence in some cases. If you want something, go get it.

#18 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:05 PM

Be thankful that so many sets were made, because it moderately increases your chance at eventually getting yours made.

So that means from now on less sets get made and your chance to make them decreases?
Dislike :)

I just dont understand these random changes .. need to be a castle holder...reward changes... need more people per roll...
...and then the actual race to the dwarf still depends on your internet connection and the amount of cheating you are able to get away with.

#19 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:05 PM

I guess you really dont understand how hard it is to push even 50 char threw the seals in 1 guild. yes the bigger guild are better at it, yes the bigger guild are more organized. We can push the seals 50 times, but doing it 100 times. Just cant do that.Its way to much.

Everyone in guild does quests once, my god thats an incredible amount of work ! honestly spending 45 minutes is waaaaay to much of my time to get access to a meg.

Its only a big effort if its a semi-personal item where your mostly rolling the seals as 1-2 people or so.

#20 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

So that means from now on less sets get made and your chance to make them decreases?
Dislike :)

I just dont understand these random changes .. need to be a castle holder...reward changes... need more people per roll...
...and then the actual race to the dwarf still depends on your internet connection and the amount of cheating you are able to get away with.

Eventually you should be able to make them without too much competition. That "eventually" just depends on how many were brought in from Iris.

#21 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

Everyone in guild does quests once, my god thats an incredible amount of work ! honestly spending 45 minutes is waaaaay to much of my time to get access to a meg.

Its only a big effort if its a semi-personal item where your mostly rolling the seals as 1-2 people or so.

thats not as easy as it sounds,
having 50 people in the guild on at the same time and willing to quest.
having 50 people in the guild on at the same time.
having 50 people in the guild.

#22 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

ITT: krappy small guild leader double-posts. A lot.

#23 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

So theres a bit of co-ordination involved :)

ok fair point lol there are no 50 people guilds. Are they still going to give guilds "counts" for members who complete seal quests to get a headstart? If so 100 count would be beneficial to small guilds rather than a negative.

#24 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

IDK is they are planning for that at the same time or not. If they are going to have a kill count then that is fine. the way it stands tho running 100 char threw the seals is not a valid thing to do at this point.

The thing I really want to know is why now? Why do it now after 98% of the god items are made now. The seals will be just that much harder for everyone to do. I know seal 2 will close by its self, but the others, I dont see why they have to put the other upto 100. Plus at the worst time possible too. Right when school is about to start and the population will drop. I just dont understand why.

#25 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

Change or not, I feel like we've been taking advantage of the seals. You get out of the seals what you put into it. That's all I can say.

I welcome the change, but if it never happens, I'd be for that too. Pretty much neutral.

NOTE: The chart above includes all questing completed by my guild, Animosity, since 05/23/2011 02:33 PM EST. Seal 2 turn-ins comprised 23 of the 1686 quests completed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users