God seals on the 23rd of Aug - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

God seals on the 23rd of Aug

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#26 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Posted Image

Change or not, I feel like we've been taking advantage of the seals. You get out of the seals what you put into it. That's all I can say.

I welcome the change, but if it never happens, I'd be for that too. Pretty much neutral.

NOTE: The chart above includes all questing completed by my guild, Animosity, since 05/23/2011 02:33 PM EST. Seal 2 turn-ins comprised 23 of the 1686 quests completed.

So Pro Posted Image

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

God items aren't supposed to be esy to make ~_~ We managed it before reset stones and free accounts and good seal rewards, it shouldn't be a problem.

#28 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

Valk server pretty much has nothing left to make, yet the seals still close once per week or so. Pending how long it takes to make an item ofcourse.

#29 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Is it possible to know any reason that the GM's came to this decision? From my perspective this doesn't seem very popular with the community.

#30 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

God items aren't supposed to be esy to make ~_~ We managed it before reset stones and free accounts and good seal rewards, it shouldn't be a problem.

No they are not suppose to be easy to make. But why change it after 98% of them are made. Its goingt o be a huge problem for alot of guilds. No I am not saying just my guild, but anyone that is not animosty, AB, ysr, yoink. Everyone else is goignto have a huge problem coming up with enough people to run threw 100 chars.

#31 Riand

Riand

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

No they are not suppose to be easy to make. But why change it after 98% of them are made. Its goingt o be a huge problem for alot of guilds. No I am not saying just my guild, but anyone that is not animosty, AB, ysr, yoink. Everyone else is goignto have a huge problem coming up with enough people to run threw 100 chars.

What 98%, I reckon only 50% of the current god sets on Ymir have been made so far.
And you can't include Yoink onto that list either. Looking at the current castle holders, our guild has less attendance than any of these guilds besides Ignis Divine.

#32 epikhigh

epikhigh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

like I said, go roll them yourself... you have 2 weeks and you're complaining on forumns, not gonna help you at all. Even though, you can sell your sets, it might be alot more now "since it's so harder to make" don't feel bad! =P

#33 Riand

Riand

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Also you got handed a pretty much safe gd roll by Animosity and you let your allies steal it :)

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

You don't DO it all yourself, thats the point.

I rolled the seals on a 23 person guild when they had 100 req, without all the easy :) you have now. If you can't make them in the current easy climate you don't deserve them anyway.

Harsh? yea. It's WAR of the emperium not "grovel until my item gets made" of the emperium.

#35 Delushunz

Delushunz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

Even the big guilds that you are mentioning have a hard time running this stuff its not like everyone in the guild wants to run seals its mostly a few ppl doing 10+ characters per roll, mebe u should put in that extra bit of work to get ur items made now instead of whinning.

#36 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

the roll we just did was done by 1 person who did did 35 seals 4's by himself.

Edited by Braska, 04 August 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

20 people : 5 chars each = 100 quests
10 people : 10 chars each = 100 quests
14 people : 7 chars each plus one or two extra

ez

#38 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

but anyone that is not animosty, AB, ysr, yoink. Everyone else is goignto have a huge problem coming up with enough people to run threw 100 chars.

:) :D :waddle: the four biggest guilds on ymir :) :angry: :glomp:

and sorry if i repeat myself, but making it harder to "roll a sealrun" is a dumb&unfair change when the actual dwarf competition still depends on cheating and internet connection.

#39 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

Just keep it the way it is more ppl are complaining(mind you I dont care which way it goes) either way big guilds and small guilds are gonna have a tougher time only thing that bugs me is I have to pay 2x more reset stones then before.Part of the reason I believe this is happening is because ppl are complaining about seal 2.

#40 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

This is going to sound crazy, but why not just ask your allies to help with rolling the seals? If you are a small guild with 10 or less people and no allies, then you don't deserve a god equip. WOE is an alliance effort, not a small group of a few getting the same rewards as a coordinated group of many.

If what you (OP) says is correct, and 98% of the God Equips have already been made there can't be a LOT of competition left to make items. With a 3 week forewarning of the changes you still have lots of time to make an equip if you put in the effort.

It's well known that God Equip creation is a matter of the ping/cheat but the GM's claim to be working on a solution to this. How far down the importance ladder it is is what scares me, since they have spent LOTS of time just adding Quest Icons to the game when noone gives a rat's arse about quests with terrible rewards.

Onto a suggestion for you, a delayed roll push will probably be your best bet. Ex. complete 50 quest counts on 50 chars but don't take the quest completion on any char. Do this for all 4 seals, yes 200 total but on 50 chars. Wait for the next god equip to get made, that night push all the seals in less than 10min, poof make your item. Noone would really be expecting the seals to roll that fast after an equip being made already.

P.S.- You will almost ALWAYS be at a disadvantage vs. large guilds creating equips. In most cases about 4 people have access to GL account. One of the core members is on and if not then someone in guild has someone else's cell number to shoot a quick text/call to let them know the seals are rolling.

#41 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

Eventually you should be able to make them without too much competition. That "eventually" just depends on how many were brought in from Iris.

Iris had the fewest 1.0 sets and a good portion of them were immediately made via wps.

-----

I get what xellie is saying. Ideally it woulda been 100 from the start on ymir. However, freedom has a good point and the big guilds pretty much dominated the vast majority of creations under the current 50 requirement. This adversely affects those not in the big guilds.

The chart posted shows that even in a big guild it is a handful doing the majority of the seals and with 50 to close seal 4 it is feasible for a few motivated individuals in a small guild to quest and close it themselves, 100 is considerably harder.

If this was a perma change i would be kinda neutral but this is only a temporary change until the rehaul of the creation quest comes in. Given this, just leave the system as is and then introduce all the changes at once.

#42 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

I'm calling it early.
Increases to 100 this month.
Next month it will increase to 200.

Moaaarr Reset Stones!

$$$$$$$ Its the only reason this game changes any more.

Posted Image

Edited by Wiggles, 04 August 2011 - 10:11 PM.

#43 Nick221cen

Nick221cen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: the four biggest guilds on ymir :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

and sorry if i repeat myself, but making it harder to "roll a sealrun" is a dumb&unfair change when the actual dwarf competition still depends on cheating and internet connection.

Agreed

#44 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

This is going to sound crazy, but why not just ask your allies to help with rolling the seals?

lawl
you make it sound as if there were a lot of free people to recruit, and a lot of guilds to ally left.
In fact less and less people are playing this game, and the guilds left with fewer people lose more and more members to already big & god-item loaded guilds because they are glory hunters. Or they just quit. :rofl:

If you are a small guild with 10 or less people and no allies, then you don't deserve a god equip. WOE is an alliance effort, not a small group of a few getting the same rewards as a coordinated group of many.

If the small group is good enough and willing to put efforts into this, they DO deserve god items.
Else, by your logic, a group of 50+ people can have 1.000 items and a group of 10 must not have a single one :rofl:

Besides the bigger guilds already have the advantage of being a big guild (more woe forts + gd war + less sealquests per person) anyway so they already get better rewards than small guilds anyway. Unless they are really bad.

#45 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

CS, Legends, and Absolution teamed up to roll the seals one night, and they won.

All I'm saying. Night!

#46 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

S> seal 3-4 runs

prety sure it wont be that much of a problems, if you rolling by yourself then yes, but as a guild to roll to make guild items, you can get your guild members to do seal quests. besides, 50 or 100 seal runs it doesn't rly matter, you prolly gonna get ninjaed by the bigger guildss

#47 valarauko

valarauko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:21 AM

CS, Legends, and Absolution teamed up to roll the seals one night, and they won.

All I'm saying. Night!

I wasn't there but I'm pretty certain CS wasn't involved in that. :rofl:

#48 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

Just keep it at 50 and give everybody else a chance to make their god items on somewhat equal footing with all the guilds who already have them. I don't think thats asking too much.

And its all fine and good to say we have two weeks still to do it under the current requirements. But many of the medium sized guilds have a membership base that isn't available to do what the guild needs them to at the drop of a hat. So it can take us weeks to prepare for a seal roll.

#49 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

This is going to sound crazy, but why not just ask your allies to help with rolling the seals? If you are a small guild with 10 or less people and no allies, then you don't deserve a god equip. WOE is an alliance effort, not a small group of a few getting the same rewards as a coordinated group of many.

Not to be rude but when a solid portion of the god items and mvp cards on server were acquired via RMT it stops being a who deserved it/etc.

#50 LivinLyfe

LivinLyfe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 970 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

Also you got handed a pretty much safe gd roll by Animosity and you let your allies steal it :rofl:

Yeah what he said...+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users