God seals on the 23rd of Aug - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

God seals on the 23rd of Aug

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#51 CyFire

CyFire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

No mention whatsoever about the fact that Ymir is a VIPServer and was promised that we would have 50 for the rolls? Arbitrary changessuch as this are why people quit.

We have a small enough population please donâ??t do this.

#52 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

more questing less god items? doesnt sound that bad

#53 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

Not to be rude but when a solid portion of the god items and mvp cards on server were acquired via RMT it stops being a who deserved it/etc.

Well if you RMT it and still can't get it made then you definitely don't deserve it i guess. lol

#54 Nick221cen

Nick221cen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

CS, Legends, and Absolution teamed up to roll the seals one night, and they won.

All I'm saying. Night!

Yeah once out of how many times you rolled the seals. It still doesn't matter when the seals roll it will still be up to the person to run the hall, its also unfortunate that it all based off of cheating and internet connection. I would rant more but it wont do any good.

#55 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

If the god items aren't being created anymore (the seal rolling has slowed ALOT) then keeping them at the lower level isn't doing anything.

We need to get all the servers in tandem with their quests and scripts as it improves our ability to do events relating to it with less errors cropping up. It is more likely we can do rolling events if they are at 100 seals than at 50, and I would rather add some spice into it at intervals than just have it be 50 seal rolls with no events accompanying it.

There is plenty of time between now and the 23rd to roll the seals and make your god items.

#56 valarauko

valarauko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

If the god items aren't being created anymore (the seal rolling has slowed ALOT) then keeping them at the lower level isn't doing anything.

We need to get all the servers in tandem with their quests and scripts as it improves our ability to do events relating to it with less errors cropping up. It is more likely we can do rolling events if they are at 100 seals than at 50, and I would rather add some spice into it at intervals than just have it be 50 seal rolls with no events accompanying it.

There is plenty of time between now and the 23rd to roll the seals and make your god items.

What types of events do you have planned? This sounds interesting.

Also, upon implementing this new change, is there a chance that you've also corrected the "guy with the quicker internet connection gets the God Item" "bug"?

#57 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

seals are rolling slower and we need to sell more reset stones. You people dont have lives/bills and can do it two weeks if its such a problem. Were gonna promise to help roll seals and have events just like when we merged servers, remember how we helped so much then?

Wow, I will never understand the logic machine at Gravity. If you guys need to make more money please make more lucky boxes and leave seals as is. Everyone wins!

#58 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

Some of the events could be things like "double points" for completing the seal.
Upping the rewards for a week.
Free Resets perhaps.
And potentially doing WoE events again.

(we did give free resets.., and we did help the seals roll every week for many months, you don't think all the seal counts were only from players did you? Many times we went in and add 5 here and there after VIP the need was much reduced because the rewards were increased to such a level that everyone wanted to push through.)

For the quicker internet, aside from adding a random timer to entry, what is it you think is fair? Most everything that uses the same general outline of item creation is always going to suffer from someone that doesn't have as long of load times being advantaged. Right now the method that is likely to best serve is to get it so no one has items left so just take your leisure.

#59 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

Heim why did you just delete my post? I broke no rules in it...

#60 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

If you all want to discuss this topic we can, but if this goes more negative we are closing the topic. It is a change that needs to happen, so lets make it happen in a way that is beneficial (hence the 3 week early warning) so we can take your concerns into account. If it is just a gripe thread I can fill in the blanks without actually needing to participate in the discussion.

#61 valarauko

valarauko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Some of the events could be things like "double points" for completing the seal.
Upping the rewards for a week.
Free Resets perhaps.
And potentially doing WoE events again.

For the quicker internet, aside from adding a random timer to entry, what is it you think is fair? Most everything that uses the same general outline of item creation is always going to suffer from someone that doesn't have as long of load times being advantaged. Right now the method in dealing with it seems to be no one has items left so just take your leisure.

Those ideas / events sound fun :rofl:

Throwing this out there as a long shot, but maybe make it harder (more items to collect or different items tossed into the mix) / put up a type in guild instance for making the God Item? Kinda like Endless tower but put up a once a month time limit or something per guild seal roll / God Item creation as opposed to just running the seals per amount of people? Like I said, random idea/suggestion that's a long shot from ever happening or likely realistic but an idea nonetheless. lol

Edited by valarauko, 05 August 2011 - 05:15 PM.

#62 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

"tokens = item" sounds fair to me.

If this is about all the seals being stuck at "released" forever, it seems an obvious solution would be to reset them automatically if no item is made after a few days.

#63 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

Well you didnt address any of my concerns. You just deleted my concerns.

Specifically, why make it 100 to even it up, why not make it 50 on both.
Why are you doing this now, when you have most to profit from it, when you could have done it earlier.
You claim to do all these things, but you've said that before and you never did them.

And what Ren said.
Its not hard for you to add new items into the database. Add 4 tokens. Each seal quest completion = 1 token.
100 tokens = the seals all close, and you are teleported to the dwarf.

You do the work, you get the reward. Simple as that.

Edited by Wiggles, 05 August 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#64 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

So on your logic, becasue they are not rollign that much on the 50 char you want to up it to 100 people and have then never roll. Real smart there hiem.

#65 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

So on your logic, becasue they are not rollign that much on the 50 char you want to up it to 100 people and have then never roll. Real smart there hiem.

Heims Logic + Inverter = Completely Wrong Answer

Posted Image

#66 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

If you have a problem with Heim, may I suggest discussing it in a private manner. Playing out a Soap Opera on here isn't going to solve anything other than getting the topic locked.

#67 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

Wiggles I warned you about the personal attacks... Knock it off.

If the seals roll less often because no one can make then we need to be sure everyone has a valid chance to cash in on the seal quests when they are open. That is the logic of upping to 100. We allowed a long time at 50 to remake the items since the merger. And you know those little tokens you are getting from the turnins.. those will be useful for getting resets in the future... so don't play the "heim is milking money" card as it doesn't apply...

We didn't change the status long ago with the seal quest because there was already too much change going on at one time (we did bring up the 100 then as well) . Also Ymirs Population was much lower, I KNOW Ymir's population is going to be growing soon, and to keep the seals at such a limited resource is not a good idea in the long view of the game. Lets assume I know better what future plans there are in the game than the general population, (IE dev plans for WoE/items).

#68 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

Sorry, it was more of a joke at your expense rather than a personal attack.

You also addressed my concerns, which is what I wanted in the first place, so thank you. =)
Now lets get planning on these events, right?

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

If you all want to discuss this topic we can, but if this goes more negative we are closing the topic. It is a change that needs to happen, so lets make it happen in a way that is beneficial (hence the 3 week early warning) so we can take your concerns into account. If it is just a gripe thread I can fill in the blanks without actually needing to participate in the discussion.

how about having 3 minutes to enter the hall way, then after 3 minutes at a random time... there's a FIRST ONE IN GETS IT! and everyone is there waiting to click.

Macroers aside thats the only way I can see as fair and everyone can spam click whilst they wait anyway.

#70 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

fix it till its broken? Ur asking us to have blind faith again kinda like when u guys broke down the items after merge and made it sound like gms would be rolling the seals almost daily, and then ya....Either way we all hope that the "future plans" are as fruitful as u are predicting.

#71 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

how about having 3 minutes to enter the hall way, then after 3 minutes at a random time... there's a FIRST ONE IN GETS IT! and everyone is there waiting to click.

Macroers aside thats the only way I can see as fair and everyone can spam click whilst they wait anyway.

I have been thinking of doing "timer stuff" but I can poke a hole in the logic that would make it unfair again..

So seals are all released, people dive in to be the first (problem here is fast load = headstart)
The group that "pushed" has a slight advantage as they know it is happening right now! before the announcement happens.

A macroer could have an advantage if we assume he talks to dwarf infinitely often (except we did put some catches in the dwarf to mitigate this).

If we put a 3 minute delay, the advantage of "I know it is starting RIGHT NOW! is lost because everyone has equal chance to get there in 3 minutes. And it isn't a race to be first in and faster running it becomes a who can play slap jack with the dwarfs chat first then. Granted that would be equal across server, but would ultimately offer no competitive advantage to getting your group to push the seals. Admittedly that advantage isn't 100% applicable now either, but it at least is present.

Tokens for pushing the seals would be ok IF the tokens couldn't be traded/sold. I don't want the tokens to be a new currency for seal pushing, it shouldn't be a sellable mercenary project. (even though it could be interesting I think it would turn out poorly in retrospect).

We could make the seals combat advantaged, something like you click on the dwarf and he announces across the map that "heimdallr is heading in" and a time delay happens before Heimdallr actually gets sent in. That would give PVP a chance to goof it up. Course smaller guilds would likely have a few choice words to say about that.

Coming up with a "merit" system is hard to make a script. Determining who "deserves" it seems basic when you look from the communities standpoint, X guild pushed the seals for 18 hours today, and worked for 3 years to get the items; seems to be an easy judgement to they "deserve" it more than guild "big in the game pants" from making their 75th god item of the month because they have fast PCs and a big doom hammer to squash guild X. I can't script a system that could make that judgement...

Tokens that only last a few hours so it only counts if you did it that day maybe... need to see.

But have a good weekend, pondering this conundrum will again fill my weekend.

#72 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

seals roll on average like 1.5 times a day, animosity aparently has 10 sets left to make and this is getting changed in 2 weeks, i smell a conspiracy

/end sarcasam

#73 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

We have more than 10. =( I don't like the change either. =)

:rofl:

#74 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

Your poor weekends heim! I wanna think of solutions to this problem too.

#75 valarauko

valarauko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

I KNOW Ymir's population is going to be growing soon, and to keep the seals at such a limited resource is not a good idea in the long view of the game. Lets assume I know better what future plans there are in the game than the general population, (IE dev plans for WoE/items).

Posted Image

Heimy my bro, cmon, let us in on the cool Dev plans / possible merger? That or more hints.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users