PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Forums

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

Me thinks that the drops from bosses right now are uhm... so yeah, they are pretty lame.

So here is a small list of how a boss drop table should look like as an example:

• [10%]Dirty Gem - Contains Grade [4-6] gem(s) based on difficulty of the boss (It's like dirty crystals or zodiacs)
  • [10%]Box of Lisents - Contains 10-20 boss level lisents. The type of the lisent is based on difficulty of the boss
  • [20%]Box of Chemicals - Contains 20-30 boss level chemicals
  • [10%]"Token of Heroism" - A medal which can be redeemed for Union Points. The amount of Union Points is based on boss' difficulty
  • [35%]Box of Blues - Contans exactly 4 blue equipment (legendary/dark/grand/etc...)
  • [1%]Venurune (Only one at a time)
  • [0.5%]Plutorune (Only one at a time)
  • [0.25%]Box of Epics - Contains epics/uniques and whatnot... This way every boss would have every type of epics and no QQ about some epics being rarer.
  • [0.5%]Spiritual Stone of Oro
  • [3%]Spiritual Stone of Arua
  • [3%]Spiritual Stone of Hebarn
  • [1.25%]Castle Gear Skills - *dreaming*
  • [5%]Box of Useful Goodies - A magical box of treasures which contains one of the following:
  • 50 Mana Potion (Based on level)
  • 50 Health Potion (Based on level)
  • 1 Medal of the Boss Hunter - 25% bonus experience for 15 minutes
  • 1 Hebarn's Blessing - 100% defense buff for the same duration as Arua's Blessing
  • 1 Arua's Blessing
  • Enchanted Stones of any type with Sagi stone being on the lowest chance

Perhaps the drop rates of the Item Mall items could be lower than that, but as I said it is just an example.

This change is needed, because bosses drop blues all the time. Blues are useless.

Edited by PickUp, 10 August 2011 - 12:59 AM.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

I think we can all agree boss drops are pretty awful overall. Those drops look alot more interesting than what we have now but the percents on some are too high (of course that can be worked on). Like the epic box, 3% is only 33 bosses killed on average to get it, and if you combine it with drop events and medals, it can be as low as 8 bosses.

#3 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Agree with changes to boss drops. The box drops would be great.
But I don't think they will implement item mall items to be dropable.

#4 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

I think we can all agree boss drops are pretty awful overall. Those drops look alot more interesting than what we have now but the percents on some are too high (of course that can be worked on). Like the epic box, 3% is only 33 bosses killed on average to get it, and if you combine it with drop events and medals, it can be as low as 8 bosses.

You are right about the percentages being too hih on epic boxes, but as I said it is just an example, so the rates could be a lot lower than that.

#5 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:03 PM

Great Idea, just take out item mall things such as venus/plutos, auruas blessings, double xp... Do that and i think this would have a great chance of being implemented. The devs wont implement anything that could ruin profits.

#6 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

You've got the right idea, but in this system you're pretty much always going to get rewarded. The percentages are just too high for the better items.. IMO, the blue box should be about 30-50, otherwise this update could ruin the economy.

#7 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

Changed the percentages.

#8 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

Well I certainly would like to see a change. I am spending at least 2 hours a day farming bosses and all I have got so far for my efforts is HG, Low ethernic and so far had one boss drop hermes(2). Waste of time.

#9 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:33 AM

It sounds fun. But I think they really have to make the bosses harder to kill in that case. They did it already when releasing these new weapons, but they are still too easy. As a champ you can still kill them alone.

#10 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

I like everything but -

1 Arua's Blessing
Enchanted Stones of any type with Sagi stone being on the lowest chance

as much as I <3 my arua's - What I love about them most is they're worth so much most people will not bother to buy them. - I think enchanted stones/sagi's should remain a yearly(ish) thing for IM.

I wont even go into what you posted about the epics at this current time, but I personally don't agree with the idea 100% but I'm not going to say that I don't agree with it at this time either.

Other then all that I mentioned, I like the idea.

Edited by CaNehDa, 06 August 2011 - 11:35 PM.

#11 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:37 AM

HA i think this is sheer genious!!! bosses havent been worth farming since the drop change update in march But this or something VERY similar would put a LOT of enjoyment back into the game, for many.
Love it :rofl:

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

The best drop rate i can suggest for U-boxes is about .1%. this means an avg of 1,000 kill the game drops 1 U. the way it should be.
In my eyes "epics" aren't unique, as they require a level, and not pure stats. nothing "unique" about that, same as normal weapons only slightly better stats.

Edited by Feuer, 07 August 2011 - 02:42 AM.

#13 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

I like these...

[10%]Box of Gems - Contains Grade [4-6] gem(s) based on difficulty of the boss
[10%]Box of Lisents - Contains 10-20 boss level lisents. The type of the lisent is based on difficulty of the boss
[20%]Box of Chemicals - Contains 20-30 boss level chemicals
[10%]"Token of Heroism" - A medal which can be redeemed for Union Points. The amount of Union Points is based on boss' difficulty
[0.5%]Spiritual Stone of Oro
[3%]Spiritual Stone of Arua
[3%]Spiritual Stone of Hebarn

Would like to see that as most boss drops. I don't think every Epic should drop from every boss via a box. It might make it even harder to get some epics because you have a bigger pool of epics to draw from. I like how it is now so you can hunt a specific boss if you need/want a specific epic. All they need to do is add more boss spawns for the the epics like the epic staff.

Screw blues dropping from bosses. Let them drop from sub-bosses or leaders or something. They suck. They're so worthless they're not worth the time or anything. Don't think IM items should be included as drops either. If this was a p2p game sure, but it's not feasible to expect them to do that.

Edited by Kaizy, 09 August 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#14 Soaked

Soaked

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationNYC or Amsterdam
  • Server:Bf3 LMAO!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:26 AM

I like these...

[10%]Box of Gems - Contains Grade [4-6] gem(s) based on difficulty of the boss
[10%]Box of Lisents - Contains 10-20 boss level lisents. The type of the lisent is based on difficulty of the boss
[20%]Box of Chemicals - Contains 20-30 boss level chemicals
[10%]"Token of Heroism" - A medal which can be redeemed for Union Points. The amount of Union Points is based on boss' difficulty
[0.5%]Spiritual Stone of Oro
[3%]Spiritual Stone of Arua
[3%]Spiritual Stone of Hebarn

Would like to see that as most boss drops. I don't think every Epic should drop from every boss via a box. It might make it even harder to get some epics because you have a bigger pool of epics to draw from. I like how it is now so you can hunt a specific boss if you need/want a specific epic. All they need to do is add more boss spawns for the the epics like the epic staff.

Screw blues dropping from bosses. Let them drop from sub-bosses or leaders or something. They suck. They're so worthless they're not worth the time or anything. Don't think IM items should be included as drops either. If this was a p2p game sure, but it's not feasible to expect them to do that.

I dont like the idea of the boxes.
Gems could just be grade 5 and just drop like a nomrmal gem would. same for the lisents.

#15 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:43 AM

I dont like the idea of the boxes.
Gems could just be grade 5 and just drop like a nomrmal gem would. same for the lisents.

Having the gems in boxes is a much more convenient way of having them drop. This way if someone goes on a farm for a significant amount of time, his inventory wont overflood with 684 different types of gems.

#16 Soaked

Soaked

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

Having the gems in boxes is a much more convenient way of having them drop. This way if someone goes on a farm for a significant amount of time, his inventory wont overflood with 684 different types of gems.

Even more convenient. Dirty's. In a box people always expect more.

Edited by Soaked, 10 August 2011 - 12:55 AM.

#17 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:57 AM

Even more convenient. Dirty's. In a box people always expect more.

Yeah, "Dirty Gem" would make much more sense than a box. I'll change it in the firt post. Thank you for your idea. <_<

#18 Soaked

Soaked

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

Yeah, "Dirty Gem" would make much more sense than a box. I'll change it in the firt post. Thank you for your idea. :)

No problem :P The lisent box isnt bad. Its just that my EQ is always full, so i have to trade everything to other chars to open it <_<

#19 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:10 AM

Token of Heroism- reduce 5% (to 5%)
Box of Blues- increase 5% (to 40%)
Box of Lisents- increase 5% (to 15%)
Dirty Gem- reduce 2% (to 8%)
Castle gear Skills- reduce 1% (to 0.25%)
Venurune- reduce 0.25% (to 0.5%)
Plutorune- reduce 0.25% (to 0.25%)
Arua Stone*- reduce 0.75% (to 2.25%)
Hebarn Stone*- reduce 0.75% (to 2.25%)

*These items now drop the same as most items, so 1-3 will most likely be obtained.

#20 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:57 AM

Remove that Box of Blues, seriously I'm so sick of them.

#21 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

Great idea. Would make farming worthwhile again. This would work for all bosses in game but for the lower level ones the lower level uniques or chems, catas, etc. could be added. I hope they work on the drop system again and I think having things drop like this to lessen your inventory slots would be great.

#22 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

Remove that Box of Blues, seriously I'm so sick of them.

+10000000

Blues suck. Don't punish people for hunting bosses.

The other thing I dislike about everything being in a box like chemicals and lisents is how it will affect stockpile. Stockpile isn't really going to work if you do it that way since how many chems/lisents you get is decided when you open the box and not when the mob drops the item.

Edited by Kaizy, 10 August 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#23 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

Me thinks that the drops from bosses right now are uhm... so yeah, they are pretty lame.

So here is a small list of how a boss drop table should look like as an example:

• [2%]Dirty Gem - Contains Grade [4-6] gem(s) based on difficulty of the boss (It's like dirty crystals or zodiacs)
  • [10%]Box of Lisents - Contains 10-20 boss level lisents. The type of the lisent is based on difficulty of the boss
  • [30%]Box of Chemicals - Contains 20-30 boss level chemicals
  • [1%]"Token of Heroism" - A medal which can be redeemed for Union Points. The amount of Union Points is based on boss' difficulty
  • [0.75%]Venurune (Only one at a time)
  • [0.5%]Plutorune (Only one at a time)
  • [0.25%]Box of Epics - Contains epics/uniques and whatnot... This way every boss would have every type of epics and no QQ about some epics being rarer.
  • [0.5%]Spiritual Stone of Oro
  • [3%]Spiritual Stone of Arua
  • [3%]Spiritual Stone of Hebarn
  • [1.25%]Castle Gear Skills - *dreaming*
  • [1%]Box of Useful Goodies - A magical box of treasures which contains one of the following:
  • 50 Mana Potion (Based on level)
  • 50 Health Potion (Based on level)
  • 1 Medal of the Boss Hunter - 25% bonus experience for 15 minutes
  • 1 Hebarn's Blessing - 100% defense buff for the same duration as Arua's Blessing
  • 1 Arua's Blessing
  • Enchanted Stones of any type with Sagi stone being on the lowest chance

I'd love to see this as a drop table for Bosses. Altered the drop rates a little as an idea. Think Dirty Gem was a little too high since if its grade 6 that drops they would just flood the market and would make artisans a bit more useless. Maybe I would do 3-5 grade not 4-6.

But yeah great example Love it <_<

#24 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

We used to have the Jewelry Chests III, IV and V. Where the hell are them? They dropped at a low rate and it was fine, and guess what? One of the few fine things we have gets removed.

#25 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

We used to have the Jewelry Chests III, IV and V. Where the hell are them? They dropped at a low rate and it was fine, and guess what? One of the few fine things we have gets removed.

It also helps because you will have more room in your material tab, some spots drops so many gems its ridiculous.

The Red Pomic King doesnt always have a drop. I thought kings had drops guaranteed, even if it just drops a blue armor. At the moment every other Red Pomic King doesnt drop anything :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users