Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationIn your closet, stalking you!
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:GUESS.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

I have four characters which I plan on making: a Dragoon, a Sentinel, a Ninja and an Invoker.

I've played with all four classes and I have to say I love them all. I'm currently focusing on my Knight. As soon as I reach Paladin, I'll focus on one of my other characters and get them to 40 as well, OR get my Knight to Dragoon. I can't decide which of my chars I should level. I know that Dragoon is apparently the best PvP class, but I lack the experience to play it well, so I think I should level my Knight later. Now as for the other three classes, I heard that Sentinel generates a lot of lag, and since I've got crappy internet, I don't know whether I should avoid it or not, because I love my Hunter a lot. Then there's Ninja and Invoker, well... let's just say I just started with the two base jobs, and I'm rather weak with the two but I enjoy them both quite a lot.

Basically what I'm asking is: Which of the four classes would be most fun to level through 1 to 40 (Hunter, Mage, Thief) or 41 to 60 (Dragoon)? :blink:

Edited by Reviren, 07 August 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#2 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

imo, go for priest 1-40 or hunter 1-40, easiest ones to lv

#3 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

[quote name='Ethernal]imo' date=' go for priest 1-40 or hunter 1-40, easiest ones to lv[/quote']
Thanks for giving me your opinion on this. I heard Monk was all about X-spam because of Diffusion Cannon. Firing lots of attacks at the same time sounds great and all but isn't it kind of repetitive? It does make things easier but I feel like it might get boring after a while... Maybe it isn't as boring as it sounds, but having to spam X the whole time sounds rather tedious. xD If I get to Monk though, should I just get Diffusion Cannon to 1 or does each skill level increase the amount of X attacks? And also, idk if Archer's Cutdown is bugged but not all the arrows shoot downwards... Sometimes some of the arrows shot horizontally and don't hit any of my targets, so when using the skill I have to use it at a very low altitude to ensure that most, if not all arrows hit my targets to deal full damage. Is that normal? O:

#4 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for giving me your opinion on this. I heard Monk was all about X-spam because of Diffusion Cannon. Firing lots of attacks at the same time sounds great and all but isn't it kind of repetitive? It does make things easier but I feel like it might get boring after a while... Maybe it isn't as boring as it sounds, but having to spam X the whole time sounds rather tedious. xD If I get to Monk though, should I just get Diffusion Cannon to 1 or does each skill level increase the amount of X attacks? And also, idk if Archer's Cutdown is bugged but not all the arrows shoot downwards... Sometimes some of the arrows shot horizontally and don't hit any of my targets, so when using the skill I have to use it at a very low altitude to ensure that most, if not all arrows hit my targets to deal full damage. Is that normal? O:

in priest, yes it's kinda repetitive the X spam and kind of boring, i've one in lv 50 i optimize her attack speed to kill faster; there's a skill called Rain of fire, you can use it but the primary skill is the X spam, leave diffusion in 1 i don't remember if the skill grows or stays the same; and for the archer, yah you've to shoot archers cutdown in a low altitude to hit em all, that's normal

#5 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

in priest, yes it's kinda repetitive the X spam and kind of boring, i've one in lv 50 i optimize her attack speed to kill faster; there's a skill called Rain of fire, you can use it but the primary skill is the X spam, leave diffusion in 1 i don't remember if the skill grows or stays the same; and for the archer, yah you've to shoot archers cutdown in a low altitude to hit em all, that's normal

Thanks for the information yet again! xD
I'll be leveling my mage for now and I'll get him and my thief to level 20 till I decide which will be the next to get to level 40 when I get to Paladin.
So what does everyone else think about my first question? o3o

Edited by Reviren, 07 August 2011 - 02:29 PM.

#6 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

Personally I've always enjoyed PvE most while playing my ninja. There's just something about their skills that makes you feel like you're playing a fighting game or something -- you have so many to choose from and if you get bored, there are usually new combos you can try to master to liven things up for a bit.

I'd say invoker is the most boring by far. The class is all about x-spam, although you can use RoF or Spark Rock occasionally to take care of larger mobs to mix things up a bit.

Regardless, once you get to 42+ you'll probably just be doing F7 until you hit the cap, and you can F7 successfully with any class as long as you use a good tower build.

#7 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:18 AM

Personally I've always enjoyed PvE most while playing my ninja. There's just something about their skills that makes you feel like you're playing a fighting game or something -- you have so many to choose from and if you get bored, there are usually new combos you can try to master to liven things up for a bit.

I'd say invoker is the most boring by far. The class is all about x-spam, although you can use RoF or Spark Rock occasionally to take care of larger mobs to mix things up a bit.

Regardless, once you get to 42+ you'll probably just be doing F7 until you hit the cap, and you can F7 successfully with any class as long as you use a good tower build.

Personally, I wanted to level my thief badly, but it's really hard for some reason, unlike any of the other classes I've played. So I just leveled him to Infiltrator and started leveling my Monk (Only cause it was the easiest and I needed money from hunter capsules). When does leveling an Infiltrator start to become easier? When I get Violent Blow?

#8 Accuracyz

Accuracyz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

Rev I have the same conflict as you, I have a myrmidon, and a pathfinder. And i have to honestly say, they are both immensely fun. However, they are both fun in their own ways. I will be the first to say that I suck at pvping using any close range class. (Except knight, lol easy peasy) and I am aware of the pros and cons of my own characters. So when I feel like really throwing it down at pvp, I log into my PF, and if i just want to rip monsters up, run some Aram and etc, I'll log into my myrm. I tried to make a ninja recently, and man was that boring. So all i have to say is when you get to lv 40 on all your characters, I think you'll have a lot of fun by playing what every character your mood suits.

However, if you were to ask me, I would say that pathfinders are a lot more fun then thieves (just imo.) and that priests honestly look like hardcore characters (planning on making one, but mages 1-20 = *wrists*)

Edited by Accuracyz, 16 August 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#9 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

Personally, I wanted to level my thief badly, but it's really hard for some reason, unlike any of the other classes I've played. So I just leveled him to Infiltrator and started leveling my Monk (Only cause it was the easiest and I needed money from hunter capsules). When does leveling an Infiltrator start to become easier? When I get Violent Blow?

Ambush and Violent Blow both help a lot. Dagger is nice for bosses, too. Once you hit the late 40s/early 50s, I really enjoyed it because you get access to your ninja form and a few other important skills.

Furthermore, in the soon-to-be-released New Origins update, ninjas get some awesome buffs. They crit almost constantly b/c several of their skills give a massive absolute crit rate buff for a few seconds each time they're used (meaning your combos will produce a ton of crits).

Edited by Rimmy, 16 August 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#10 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

Rev I have the same conflict as you, I have a myrmidon, and a pathfinder. And i have to honestly say, they are both immensely fun. However, they are both fun in their own ways. I will be the first to say that I suck at pvping using any close range class. (Except knight, lol easy peasy) and I am aware of the pros and cons of my own characters. So when I feel like really throwing it down at pvp, I log into my PF, and if i just want to rip monsters up, run some Aram and etc, I'll log into my myrm. I tried to make a ninja recently, and man was that boring. So all i have to say is when you get to lv 40 on all your characters, I think you'll have a lot of fun by playing what every character your mood suits.

However, if you were to ask me, I would say that pathfinders are a lot more fun then thieves (just imo.) and that priests honestly look like hardcore characters (planning on making one, but mages 1-20 = *wrists*)

Lol, I actually kind of figured that out when I saw people leveling so easily at F7. Thieves are somewhat boring to level because of the difficulty but I think once you get Violent Blow, which is like Spear Jab, it should be easier to level. And by the way you're wrong about Mages being hard. They're, in my experience, the easiest to level from 1 to 20.

EDIT:

Ambush and Violent Blow both help a lot. Dagger is nice for bosses, too. Once you hit the late 40s/early 50s, you'll really enjoy it because you get access to your ninja form and a few other important skills.

Furthermore, in the soon-to-be-released New Origins update, ninjas get some awesome buffs. They crit almost constantly b/c several of their skills give a massive absolute crit rate buff for a few seconds each time they're used (meaning your combos will produce a ton of crits).

Thank you very much, yet again! x3 Basically you're saying that they're gonna be way easier to level when New Origins comes? Because if that's the case I might wait for it if it's coming really soon, but if not I'll just level it now instead of waiting.

Edited by Reviren, 16 August 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#11 Accuracyz

Accuracyz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

Maybe I just find them weak. Ill be sure to give them another try D:

#12 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

I just got my Infiltrator to level 22, and I must say, it's way easier now. You throw 3 daggers, Ambush hits twice, you get Violent Blow and Shadow Walk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users