Extended class as first character? - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Extended class as first character?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kentai

Kentai

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

So uh....I actually never really got into this game yet, but I've taken interest in the Tae Kwon Kid class.

So my question is: Is it okay if the first character I ever make is an extended class? I know they're overall not as strong as the regular classes, but do they require heavy funding to even start?

Or are these classes meant to be played after you rebirth once or twice? Do these classes have decent quests that guide you through the game in the beginning?

Any replies would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:13 AM

Just don't do it.

Expanded classes are not good first characters. I'm not sure how well TK classes fared in renewal, either... I don't think they fared well. They're harder to use in general, cannot rebirth or get past level 99 (hence, you'll never get to endgame, or even mid-game content on them).

Prerenewal, when TK wasn't as limited compared to other classes, and before the eden group gave free weapons to other classes, the non-weapon-using-builtin-endow TK kids were fine as a first job. The balance has shifted considerably, and I hence strongly recommend against it as a first char.

#3 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:53 AM

There is supposed to be a patch where they will allow Extended Classes to Level past lvl 99 right? Any idea what new set of skills they will receive and when it is coming?

#4 JeremiahLoh

JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:20 AM

For the Gunslingers and Ninjas a supposed 2nd Job I think?

Super Novices also get another batch of skills this time taken from the 2nd Jobs...

TK don't since they already do...

All however do get to unlock level 150 by doing something in the Expanded update.

Also, Expanded Characters cannot transcend so they lack the 25% HP and SP, and 52 extra stat points at the start.

But this also gives some advantages...

Less EXP to grind since your not a Transcend Character.

#5 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hmm expanded class...have one.
As a first character...you'd probably be driven to rage quit.

Try a swordsman or a mage.

#6 JeremiahLoh

JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

Hmm expanded class...have one.
As a first character...you'd probably be driven to rage quit.

Try a swordsman or a mage.

A Masochist's or Level Grinder's Dream would be if you were going towards a Esma Soul Linker or Mage Super Novice... the rest are pretty normal...

Ninjas are... meh, from what I hear they're pretty easy.

To-Be Melee Novices are just about the same as Auto Attack Swordsman with some extra Level Grinding...

Gunslingers are pretty similar to Archers. So meh. :waddle: 10k Bullets will last you until 40+ Levels. and you can buy Bullets for 1z Each at Izlude or Einbroch.

Melee Taekwon Kids start out a bit okay but get beaten out later if they don't get a Book and the Master's Skill Set is a bit tricky to use.

I myself have a Melee Super Novice, it's not that hard now considering how much EXP and how much easier it is to get EXP now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users