Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:48 AM

Hello GM Team,

I was wondering when the Next Raffle may take place in Game. The star sand prices are starting to get to the point that Mastella fruit is a better option again. So I was wondering if you guys are going to implement a Raffle again to help drive the price down? If not that is fine, I was just curious is all.

Thanks for your time.

#2 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:17 AM

Slightly off topic, but...

Someone asked me why slims have jumped from 5k to 7k on Ymir. Unfortunately he had logged out by the time I saw the message.

1. They haven't been 5k in a long time.
2. Starsand prices have jumped quite a bit.
3. Demand is outpacing supply. Since I have no control over supply my only choice is to artificially reduce demand.

My WSS+slim total was 360k last week. It's dipped as low as 240k before I started rationing (deliberately leaving shops sold out for half a day) and raising the price several times. Right now it's at about 300k. For reference, I normally try to keep it between 360k and 480k.

Note: mastelas and ranked slims are about evenly matched in terms of $/HP when slims are at 7k. Slims still weigh less, though.

Anyway, if there's a raffle I hope they give us at least a week's advance notice. I saw billions vanish instantly the first time they sprang a raffle unannounced. :blink:

#3 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

No raffle please! We finally have some zeny on Ygg. XD

#4 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

hm so the starsand from the last raffle is starting to show signs of easing up? how long did that take I can't even remember when the last raffle was. Have to say i sold my last solar god helm[1] a couple weeks ago tho and the BB's have run dry :blink:

#5 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

Note: mastelas and ranked slims are about evenly matched in terms of $/HP when slims are at 7k. Slims still weigh less, though.

Anyway, if there's a raffle I hope they give us at least a week's advance notice. I saw billions vanish instantly the first time they sprang a raffle unannounced. :blink:

Yea that is why I am looking for a heads up now.

#6 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

Oda.

Any input???

#7 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

Oda.

Any input???

All in due time, all in due time. <_<

#8 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

Yah for raffles!!!

Everyone needs to be broke like me.

#9 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

Seriously, raffles are like the Fed hiking rates up 500 basis points - only to be used as a last resort when the economy is way past over-heating and never before. Valk has been in a recession since the last raffle: not only have prices been depressed but trading activity has been remarkably low.

No AA rated economy plz

#10 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

We want BILLIONS to disappear that is the point of the raffle, the difficulty in hunting the WSS isn't much, especially now since renewal.

Mastalas shouldn't even be close for convenience and weight sake, but cost yeah.

The zeny may need a sink again at some point, but the items to put in the raffle are more difficult, there isn't anything that we can put alot into the economy that is a great push for the raffle.

I was thinking like 5k per entry.

get 1 WSS each entry.

Jackpot would give you the total value spent as 1 lump sum of WSS.

So if we assume WSS was 3k each each entry would be 2k "banked" for the winner.

On jackpot they would get "banked / 3000" WSS as their prize. Of course coming up with the method for quickly doing the entries is a problem all its own. Most of the stuff that needs to be entered into the game is consumable stuff which isn't exceptional value which makes it a lackluster "Big prize".

#11 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

I think ales should be in the raffle.

#12 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

I think ales should be in the raffle.

+1 Yess LOL

#13 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

Bloody Branches, Toucan Hats...

No Ales, please for the love of God.

If you want to sink Zeny and beat bots, other commonly Botted goods might be good 'booby prizes'. Say, a Dead Branch for every loss on the Bloody Branch Raffle, Starsands for losses on the hat...

Edited by Ralis, 09 August 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#14 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

a proper raffle would be really cool, but the old 1/2000 chance things probably have the same overall effect with a lot less fuss. I'm not sure my fingers could handle 5k/entry though, the time sink would be far greater than the zeni sink.

You could make a hyper version of that and use treasure boxes though. make entry 500k with 500 entries or something. Much faster turnover, no issues with character weight limits and same/similar zeni sink so long as cost > potential NPC'ing of boxes.

Ales would be fine if it were priced accordingly, they did do ygg berries after all. i'd probably suggest 200k or something though, well over current market values.

Edited by Hrothmund, 10 August 2011 - 12:30 AM.

#15 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

Thanks for the reply Heimdallr. <_<

#16 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:37 AM

Yes, please bring back just ONE method of getting Bloody Branches <_<

ATM I think the only chance to get them are OBBs/OPBs and Thor's Volcano Quest (already did that one).

Lucky Boxes, Raffle, I don't care. Just bring them back please :P I would even pay 200+ Kafra Points if you make them buyable at Kafra Shop.

#17 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

Bloody Branches, Toucan Hats...

No Ales, please for the love of God.

If you want to sink Zeny and beat bots, other commonly Botted goods might be good 'booby prizes'. Say, a Dead Branch for every loss on the Bloody Branch Raffle, Starsands for losses on the hat...

Totally agree here. No ales because the market needs them gone, just berries like before. Having DB the runner up for BB is a good themed idea too.

no more slotted stupidly rare hat though D: that was a real kick in the face how it made one super-rare item nobody really had super-common for a few weeks.

#18 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:04 AM

please add Rideword hats into the raffle. I remember one of the raffle you had added the chance of wining CoD.

#19 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:57 AM

Can someone explain to me how this raffle system works?

#20 Haldor

Haldor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

Can someone explain to me how this raffle system works?

There's a raffle NPC. There are several "grand" prizes. For example, one prize was a mystic card album. There is a cost each time you play. When you choose to play, it costs a specific amount, depending on the "losing" prize. For example, you pay 30k to play to try to win the mystic card album. You are given a number, then the NPC draws a number. If the numbers match, you win the grand prize(mystic card album). But if you lose, you get 30 Witch Starsands.

It's a system to drain zeny out of the economy to fight inflation. It's a pretty good system, you get a good chance at a nice grand prize, and basically each time you play(no cooldown btw) you make money. The last raffle I took part of, you were basically paying 1k per starsand. Now they're around 4k each(Ymir), so if I sell all of them I basically quadruple the money I put into it. It won't always work as well though, since A LOT of zeny get sucked out of the economy. Starsands were about 15k each before the first raffle, so you can see the effect it had.

#21 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:14 AM

Ahh thanks for the explanation.

#22 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

Reset Stones to the raffle. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#23 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Why not putting other mixing-stuff as well?
Karvo is one of them. Mandragora Flowerpot. Wolf Blood. All the stuff that (mainly) Genetic, Rune Knight and GX need for their skills.
As far as I know, these also are the items that annoys players to hunt when they're out of the level range of the monster. So this would be a great opportunity next to Witched Starsand - which also falls into this category <_<

...and... tames/pets maybe? *-* (can't be mentioned enough XD)

#24 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

Yes, please bring back just ONE method of getting Bloody Branches <_<

ATM I think the only chance to get them are OBBs/OPBs and Thor's Volcano Quest (already did that one).

Lucky Boxes, Raffle, I don't care. Just bring them back please :P I would even pay 200+ Kafra Points if you make them buyable at Kafra Shop.

Pierre Treasure Boxes from the WoE 2 Guild Dungeon Game thingy.

#25 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

Pierre Treasure Boxes from the WoE 2 Guild Dungeon Game thingy.

Explain please <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users