#1 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Well... quite ago, when we were testing WoE damage plus some skills damage and how they work in WoE (back then when we got 40% normal WoE reduction and then we moved to 50% WoE reduction)

Some people were wondering if it was possible to separate damage from melee skills and magic skills... the answer back then was that it was not possible to do that but, it was viable to point certain skills and perhaps reset them back to the old 40% WoE reduction since as we all know, Magic damage got more affected than anything else with this new 50% WoE reduction (mainly because of how matk formula works)

Back then, Heim, did make some reference to it, along with some future revisions for the formula itself: WoE feedback

After that, some people come out with a list of magic skills that can get this "reduction revision": Magic Skills

I wonder if there's any way to follow up with this topic? or perhaps is not viable anymore?

In any case... kinda looking forward for these new skill balance (mostly the ones after April xD)

Edited by Wizard, 08 August 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#2 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

YES, IM MAD TOO... sorcerer its in a worst place... i was waiting to the balance for troling XD.
A sorcerer level 150 with 120 int 70 luck, best matk gears(non-goddly) ( 2 medal of honor, kvm set, chronos +8, CoD+9 with KK) YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DAMAGE DEAL EACH PW HIT??????? 900-1500, with really low cast times and longer after cast delays than any non-magic skill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAKE THIS SKILLS IGNORES RACIAL REDUCTION!!: VARETYR SPEAR, EARTH GRAVE, DIAMOND DUST(AT LEAST 1 OF THIS SKILLS) becouse genetics, suras, Rks already have those specials skills that cant be stoped in woe, ignores racials gears, ignores def, even ignore energie coat!!!!!!!!!!! DONT HAVE FIXED CAST TIME!! AND CERO AFTER CAST DELAY!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

HOW BROKEN ITS PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND HOW SPOILED ITS MAGIC? take a look at woe, you will see magic users with CoD in a dessperate moment tryng to reduced that hell long cast time, what does a sura, rg, rk, genetic use in woe???? A STUPID FBERET!! BECOUSE THEY CAN MAKE ALMOST INSTANT CAST WITH ONLY DEX!!!! AND DONT TELL THAT STUPID THING ABOUT MJOLNIR ITS THE ONLY GEAR TO ACHIEVE INSTANT CAST, BECOUSE IF MY SORCERER HAD 99999999999999 DEX, THE FIXED CAST TIME WONT ALLOW ME TO REDUCE NOTHING!

#4 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hmm sure, magic should be stronger in WoE mostly because all magic users spend most of their time in WoE precasting. In renewal, I find that most precasts are fairly easy to just walk through if you have the right timing. What happened to the extreme importance of magnetic earth?

Also, I know this is really off topic, but Mefistofeles... really...? The first thing I think to myself whenever I see your posts is "holy crap, i'm not reading that." Can you lay off the caps? X_X

#5 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Dude... relax... I'm not trying to start drama or complains about magic class...

Just wandering if there will be a follow up about magic skills and WoE reduction...

Sorcerers are not meant to deal damage to begin with... unless you have +12 KvM SoD or so...

If you have good DEX, u can achieve instant cast same way I did w/o +20 DEX food... not the end of the world...

In any case... I'm only wandering if there it will be viable to set some skills back to 40% WoE reduction instead of 50%.

#6 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

HOW BROKEN ITS PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND HOW SPOILED ITS MAGIC? take a look at woe, you will see magic users with CoD in a dessperate moment tryng to reduced that hell long cast time, what does a sura, rg, rk, genetic use in woe???? A STUPID FBERET!! BECOUSE THEY CAN MAKE ALMOST INSTANT CAST WITH ONLY DEX!!!! AND DONT TELL THAT STUPID THING ABOUT MJOLNIR ITS THE ONLY GEAR TO ACHIEVE INSTANT CAST, BECOUSE IF MY SORCERER HAD 99999999999999 DEX, THE FIXED CAST TIME WONT ALLOW ME TO REDUCE NOTHING!

You know... Sorc can get insta cast easier than genetics.

#7 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

Nothing ignores energy coat either except for skills that do fixed damage... every one of his posts is a senseless rant full of BS trying to get the GM's to make bad decisions.

#8 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

Nothing ignores energy coat either except for skills that do fixed damage... every one of his posts is a senseless rant full of BS trying to get the GM's to make bad decisions.

Yah... was about to mention that about Energy Coat... it reduces DB as well... quite useful imo... along with fire armor.

#9 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

Yah... was about to mention that about Energy Coat... it reduces DB as well... quite useful imo... along with fire armor.

HELL PLANT (well.. all traps..)

Edited by Mefistofeles, 08 August 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#10 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

HELL PLANT (well.. all traps..)

Safety Wall?

#11 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

Safety Wall?

gimme old safety wall formula and its a deal!!!! right now it breaks in 1 hit.... its no "safety" its a stupid pink tomb!

#12 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

gimme old safety wall formula and its a deal!!!! right now it breaks in 1 hit.... its no "safety" its a stupid pink tomb!

it mostly depends on ur SP as well... hmm it is getting fixed thou in couple weeks...

Anyway... too much off topic man... just waiting for Heim to confirm/deny this possibility...

#13 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

it mostly depends on ur SP as well... hmm it is getting fixed thou in couple weeks...

Anyway... too much off topic man... just waiting for Heim to confirm/deny this possibility...

do you ever used safety wall on a mage? in renewal? or sage? >_> i live off topic, and you are off topic XD every 1 here, this should go to mage topic

#14 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

AFAIK heim said that he'll consider the possibility of changing matk formula or magic skills themselves after we get the balance changes. However he didn't clarify whether he was waiting for the pre-April changes or the post-April changes.

#15 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

It reduces hell plant too. And traps. Jeez you're slow as :blink:.

#16 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Let's just wait for him and see I guess...

#17 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

I'll jot it down in my little book of questions to Heim/Oda Posted Image

#18 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

lol... I wonder how "little" is that book of yours... xD

#19 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

It reduces hell plant too. And traps. Jeez you're slow as :blink:.

It will block 1 hell plant, yay! So awsome! Crazy weeds also, pretty please.

Ah, i forgot. This mean magical atacks hurt in WoE?
Last time i was using fire armor and diamond dust did 2k less dmg.

Edited by FiskBlack, 08 August 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#20 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

It will block 1 hell plant, yay! So awsome! Crazy weeds also, pretty please.

Ah, i forgot. This mean magical atacks hurt in WoE?
Last time i was using fire armor and diamond dust did 2k less dmg.

In reference to the hell plant and traps we were talking about Energy Coat not safety wall. He said it doesn't reduce either when in fact it reduces both as expected. It reduces EVERYTHING in renewal(except gloria domini/grav field type damage)

#21 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

In reference to the hell plant and traps we were talking about Energy Coat not safety wall. He said it doesn't reduce either when in fact it reduces both as expected. It reduces EVERYTHING in renewal(except gloria domini/grav field type damage)

Sigh.. if you ever used a mage class or arch bishop, you would know actual safety wall will block less than 3 hits from traps and 1 hell plant.

#22 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

Your lack of reading comprehension makes me want to kill myself.

#23 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

lol... I wonder how "little" is that book of yours... xD

Okay, I'll jot it down in my big book of questions to Heim/Oda Posted Image

#24 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

Why am I not surprised that Haseo made a post to buff Warlock damage :blink:

#25 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

Why am I not surprised that Haseo made a post to buff Warlock damage :blink:

Dunno... u personally (and guildmates) know I kinda don't need the buff on my Warlock =P (in fact, I won't be surprised if you guys were against it, same way you were against when i suggest reduce cast delay on TV, Comet and Stasis)... but I was kinda curious about this since I remembered when I was checking some old post...

Thanks for the bump =)

PS: Personal inquires/troll please keep it thru PM's plox... k, thanks.

Edited by Wizard, 09 August 2011 - 07:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users