• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 sdsds

sdsds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:34 AM

So I noticed about a month ago or so that we were able to trigger the speed pot npc just by clicking on it, as well as the other 2 triggers on the lightharzlen map rather then just walking to trip the cell that sets it off. About 2 maintenance's ago the npc's were set back to default so that you have to walk back and forth to proc them again. I've been also noticing alot more recently that many players will intentionally stand on the triggers to make it so others can't farm speeds, or proc the other 2 npc's you need in order to spawn the speed pot npc in the first place. Is there any chance that you guys will change this setting back to just clicking on the npc again? It made it so those of us who did farm them didn't have to worry about these problems for about a month. Especially that stupid little girl for the maestro job change, whom which has a nasty habit of disconnecting players when walking past her at a funky angle, or just having her buggin out the chat dialogue. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feels the same way about this.

#2 ucan

ucan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:45 AM

This has been bothering me too, please fix it or move the little girl somewhere else at least. It completely ruins trying to get speed potions. We don't wanna be there forever trying to get these.

#3 Delushunz

Delushunz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

i dont even understand why they ninja changed it back it was perfectly fine how it was just clicking on the npc >.>

#4 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

It was one of the main source of my money since there's literally nothing you can hunt that is in demand without them being 1k x|
I, too, would like to this to be changed back <_<

#5 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

it was just clicking the npc? that's easily macroable on a keyboard

#6 sdsds

sdsds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

Well the thing is when they had it like that, other people who were competing for speeds on the market were actually competing for them and actually comming to terms i guess you could say by sitting when they caught the guy before sending him. Hell now people will go there and hold the trigger, so when you proc it for them, they just snag it from you.

And @Cydra, I really doubt anyone is gonna go out of there way to make 3 bots to sit there and proc all 3 npc's. Even if they did, there are people there all around the clock at random hours of the day, i really doubt someone would be stupid enough to invest zenny and time into something that will only get you banned in a matter of hours. This is Ymir, not Valkyrie or Yggdrasil. If you haven't noticed bot farmers don't really last long on this server. (I should probably edit my profile to say I'm from Ymir, but I'm just to lazy.)

#7 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

And @Cydra, I really doubt anyone is gonna go out of there way to make 3 bots to sit there and proc all 3 npc's.

Then you are very naive.
The bot farmers made bots to run through the novice grounds, and npc their loot and give the 600 zeny to a merchant. The key is, they did this millions of times, undetected. Which amounted to billions.

This is Ymir, not Valkyrie or Yggdrasil. If you haven't noticed bot farmers don't really last long on this server.

Again, you must have tunnel vision. I've personally reported over 20 bots in the last few weeks on Ymir. Ymir is not a bot free and legit premium server. If theres profit in it, someone will do it.

#8 Zeniachan

Zeniachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

Funny you should mention bots farming speed pots. One time in Lighthalzen, I saw a guildless Sage with _C at the end of her name, rhythmically walking back and forth at one of the pickpocket spots. And then there was a guildless Soul Linker with _C at the end of his name too, doing the same at the other spot. I saw a novice walk up to the speed pot spot and buy speeds, but I think she saw me and logged off.

The bots were STILL walking back and forth at the other 2 spots for the following minutes afterward, and showed no signs of being human...they walked back and forth with perfect rhythm. So perfect, in fact, that if they were human, they may as well have been Bard classes IRL (but of course, they weren't!) I'd have reported them, but I imagined they had already been alerted to my presence anyway, so I didn't feel like wasting time.

Maybe the temporary change mentioned above (clicking on the NPC vs. walking near it) was implemented just to throw off the bots?

#9 sdsds

sdsds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

Then you are very naive.
The bot farmers made bots to run through the novice grounds, and npc their loot and give the 600 zeny to a merchant. The key is, they did this millions of times, undetected. Which amounted to billions.

Again, you must have tunnel vision. I've personally reported over 20 bots in the last few weeks on Ymir. Ymir is not a bot free and legit premium server. If theres profit in it, someone will do it.

Somebody get this troll out of here.

#10 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

I'm surprised Speed Pots haven't been moved to the Kafra Shop by now...

Anyway, I'd rather see a zeny sink and a market cap be put on them. Allow people to do the quest as normal and get pots for 15k? But also have an NPC sell them for 50k.

At the very least, just fix it so people can't block others from doing the quest.

#11 sdsds

sdsds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

I'm surprised Speed Pots haven't been moved to the Kafra Shop by now...

Anyway, I'd rather see a zeny sink and a market cap be put on them. Allow people to do the quest as normal and get pots for 15k? But also have an NPC sell them for 50k.

At the very least, just fix it so people can't block others from doing the quest.

Atleast this if anything ^

#12 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

leave it the way it is now, has been like that for years

#13 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

Somebody get this troll out of here.

I posted nothing but fact and honest truth and you say im trolling?

You sir are an imbecile.

Edited by Wiggles, 10 August 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#14 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

Just fix it so people can't block other people from doing it by standing on certain cells.

#15 Sebastien

Sebastien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

People are constantly standing too close to the npc to bug it so nobody else can farm speed potions properly. Should change it back to clicking on the npc's to proc the chat instead of running past them.

#16 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

And @Cydra, I really doubt anyone is gonna go out of there way to make 3 bots to sit there and proc all 3 npc's. Even if they did, there are people there all around the clock at random hours of the day, i really doubt someone would be stupid enough to invest zenny and time into something that will only get you banned in a matter of hours. This is Ymir, not Valkyrie or Yggdrasil. If you haven't noticed bot farmers don't really last long on this server. (I should probably edit my profile to say I'm from Ymir, but I'm just to lazy.)

Actually, I saw it on Ymir less than a week ago. It was a soul linker at the top npc, I forget what was at the bottom, and a novice/super novice getting the actual speed potions. I am 100% positive it was a bot because of how fast the npc would appear and disappear. The one who gives the potions was literally gone in 1 second, there's no way a human player could cycle through that npc text that fast.

Edit- forgot to mention, even when the npc was not there, it still kept walking back and forth as if it was trying to trigger the npc anyway.

I would like to see this changed back too, it only makes it more inconvenient, like so many other things gravity does, for real players. The bots just work around it and real players have to suffer through the stupidity. Ugh. A game that can't even keep its cheating population under control and forces real players to suck it up and deal with the fail "anti-botting" measures.

Gravity, I once was an advocate for you guys. You are rather quickly turning me away from what was once a wonderful game.

Edited by Tkwan, 18 August 2011 - 10:05 AM.

#17 Ein69

Ein69

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

Well the thing is when they had it like that, other people who were competing for speeds on the market were actually competing for them and actually comming to terms i guess you could say by sitting when they caught the guy before sending him. Hell now people will go there and hold the trigger, so when you proc it for them, they just snag it from you.

http://irowiki.org/w...ickpocket_Quest
"Currently Not Implemented in pRO(Philippine Ragnarok Online) due to Bot abuse."

#18 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

This will get updated back to on click.

Also will also likely require you talk to all 3 NPCs and have a timer.

#19 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

Yay!

Boo! More anti botting measures that suck for us. They bot, they run around, insta click the npc's, they win. They can probably do what we'll be able to do in half the time. This is another bad idea.

#20 Zeniachan

Zeniachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

Actually, I saw it on Ymir less than a week ago. It was a soul linker at the top npc, I forget what was at the bottom, and a novice/super novice getting the actual speed potions. I am 100% positive it was a bot because of how fast the npc would appear and disappear. The one who gives the potions was literally gone in 1 second, there's no way a human player could cycle through that npc text that fast.

Edit- forgot to mention, even when the npc was not there, it still kept walking back and forth as if it was trying to trigger the npc anyway.

I would like to see this changed back too, it only makes it more inconvenient, like so many other things gravity does, for real players. The bots just work around it and real players have to suffer through the stupidity. Ugh. A game that can't even keep its cheating population under control and forces real players to suck it up and deal with the fail "anti-botting" measures.

Gravity, I once was an advocate for you guys. You are rather quickly turning me away from what was once a wonderful game.

I think you saw exactly the same bots I saw. There was a male soul linker at the top NPC and a female sage at the bottom, and they were walking exactly the way you just described. At the actual speed pot dealer spot, I saw a female novice go to the 3rd NPC and buy the speeds but she logged off after she saw me. The other 2 bots were still moving back and forth consistently for several minutes, even though the NPC was back at the 3rd location, ready to sell speeds again.

#21 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

I think you saw exactly the same bots I saw. There was a male soul linker at the top NPC and a female sage at the bottom, and they were walking exactly the way you just described. At the actual speed pot dealer spot, I saw a female novice go to the 3rd NPC and buy the speeds but she logged off after she saw me. The other 2 bots were still moving back and forth consistently for several minutes, even though the NPC was back at the 3rd location, ready to sell speeds again.

Yep. I think it was a sage too. And I know the other novy was a female. So yeah, likely the same thing.

#22 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

Boo! More anti botting measures that suck for us. They bot, they run around, insta click the npc's, they win. They can probably do what we'll be able to do in half the time. This is another bad idea.

This^

Making the quest more annoying to do is just going to result in more bots farming and less players.

#23 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

Thats when you sit at the npc and just let the stupid bots run them for you rofl... also two linkers sprinting has always been an easier way to do the npc. sprint enter spam sprint enter spam tab sprint enter spam then walk back and forth at the buying npc lol.

#24 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

And what is the point of doing that?
Is your intention to make speed pots come exclusively from bots? :waddle:

#25 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:43 AM

As others have said, this will make it more bot-friendly.

Hmm I'm trying to think of ways to make it harder for bots but still good for players. And by good I don't mean faster, slower, easier, or harder. By good I mean the same rate of reward we have now.

You could randomize the options in the last dialogue. Then the bots wont know which one to click. For example:

Current options:
Speed Potion {1)
Speed Potion {2)
Speed Potion {3}
Cancel

Randomized options might look like this one time:
Speed Potion {2)
Cancel
Speed Potion {1)
Speed Potion {3}

But even in this scenario, the bot would still be able to get some speeds. Just not as fast as a real player. Actually, I've never seen bots at the reward NPC on Ymir. They're always running the other two NPCs while the real player spams the rewards. This would also do nothing to stop people from botting the other two NPCs. So I'm not sure how well randomization would work, but here it is, for consideration.

Anybody have other ideas?

Edited by Nymmastal, 19 August 2011 - 04:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users