#1 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

Details

The Community Senate is a player-elected group to represent the players voice to the ROSE Dev Team.
Each Senator will have access to a special community forum to raise up topics on behalf of the community directly to the CM and Dev Team members.
Senators will have a special forum image title to show their standing amongst the community and staff.
Senators will serve a 6 month term, and re-elections will happen at the end of each semester.

The First election will be handled via player nominations and the Community Team making the final judgment on who will serve on the second semester of 2011's Community Senate.
We will select 4 members of the community who were nominated to be part of this Senate, and a new nominations will take place in December of this year for the 2012 1st Semester.

Promise

The Community Teams desire is for the players to have a focused voice to the Dev Team and provide feedback on future changes, updates and help ensure that the voice of the community is heard.

Our Request

We ask that players think about who they want to represent them and who they believe is the best to voice their opinions, suggestions and offer the Dev Team a strong sense of the community as a whole.

To nominate a candidate, simply reply to this topic with your vote. Please only vote once and you cannot vote for yourself.
Nominations will end at 11:59PM PST on Thursday, August 11th and will we be selecting the first 4 members into the inaugural senate on Friday, August 12th.

#2 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

DestinyDeoxys.

Edit: Changed my mind, I know someone else will nominate Phishface.

Des has been playing a long time and knows the game and classes well. Des also usually has interesting ideas that aren't repeats like many others. I like the unique viewpoint Des provides. Check out some of the proposals Des has made.

Edited by Kaizy, 09 August 2011 - 11:19 PM.

#3 MyNamesTC

MyNamesTC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

KAIZY

Edited by MyNamesTC, 09 August 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#4 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

Why can't the devs simply listen to the freakin' community itself?

#5 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:32 PM

Since so many people have voted for Phish I am going to choose someone else since Phish will definitely be one since well he's so smart and just has awesome Proposals.

I'm going to vote for pickup since he understands the game more outside a PvP view. IE quests (which I would love to see a lot more) and other things like drops, exp, monsters. Something I'd like to see change and we seem to share the same opinion so I trust Pickup to put good proposals and not be crap IMO <_<

Vote:
PickUp

Edited by Lybis, 10 August 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#6 RobbyKay

RobbyKay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

Why can't the devs simply listen to the freakin' community itself?

I guess it's similar to the reason why a referendum isn't made for every governmental decision. It's easier to channel voices through a few chosen and dedicated people than to scroll through the (albeit your thread, PickUp, had a pretty clear first post at least) threads and posts filled with spam, misinformation and biased points of view.

I'll nominate PickUp, due to the fact that he's seen a significant amount of effort in compiling the current problems in the game. <_<

#7 Kitt

Kitt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

I agree with PickUp. The Bug Reporting and Suggestion and Proposal sections seem to be largely ignored, as are PMs from players to the GM team. Adding another level of 'management' (for want of a better term) could further isolate the developers from the players' wishes, wants, needs and frustrations.

I suppose it reduces the number of people the development team has to deal with and ignore, but I fail to see a benefit for the player base. Oh, and it might have something of a 'smoke and mirrors' effect, too, making it look as if something is being done, and serve as a distraction to the players who come to the forums with first the election process itself and then the need to petition the chosen four to be heard by them, so that they might consider passing along comments and feedback to the development team.

I'm sorry. I'm not convinced that 'representation' of this nature (which appears to be loosely based on a seemingly flawed political model) is at all a step in the right direction.

Sorry for the negativity as well as the off-topic nature of the post, but that's how I feel.

#8 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

Why can't the highest authority of ROSE just communicate directly with players instead create another barrier to talk>

Make your management system to be flat and flexible..Please this is a modern age not like years ago..The King and the normal villager has a very obvious distance to communicate

#9 maskinovel

maskinovel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

I vote:
1. LadyPsyber.
2. PickUp.
thanks

#10 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

I agree with PickUp. The Bug Reporting and Suggestion and Proposal sections seem to be largely ignored, as are PMs from players to the GM team. Adding another level of 'management' (for want of a better term) could further isolate the developers from the players' wishes, wants, needs and frustrations.

I suppose it reduces the number of people the development team has to deal with and ignore, but I fail to see a benefit for the player base. Oh, and it might have something of a 'smoke and mirrors' effect, too, making it look as if something is being done, and serve as a distraction to the players who come to the forums with first the election process itself and then the need to petition the chosen four to be heard by them, so that they might consider passing along comments and feedback to the development team.

I'm sorry. I'm not convinced that 'representation' of this nature (which appears to be loosely based on a seemingly flawed political model) is at all a step in the right direction.

Sorry for the negativity as well as the off-topic nature of the post, but that's how I feel.

I have to say this post hits the nail right on the head, i highly doubt even with these so-called community representatives the devs still wont listen to our ideas about the game...This just makes it SEEM like something is being done...if you didnt listen to the hundreds of screaming voices telling you guys how to fix your stuff, what makes us belive you will listen to just 4 or 5?

Tho if im forced to pick someone it would have to be LadyPsyber or Pickup...

Edited by Sathanas, 10 August 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#11 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:19 AM

I vote:
1. LadyPsyber - strong point and belief of what should be improved in-game.
2. PickUp - awesome imagination of what should be implemented in-game (skill,cg,etc).
thanks

#12 Djerba

Djerba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

Pickup

#13 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

I can appreciate the frustrations, but we can either leave things the way they are or we can change things.

We are going to change things and your going to experience this change, and it is a good change.

You can grumble, but if your going to post in this thread then at least let your voice be heard in terms of who you think would be ideal to help escalate community concerns, suggestions, feedback, etc.

#14 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:05 AM

blah... blah...

I merely posted a question. Instead of -1'ing it you could have simply gave a straight forward answer.

So there we go. I'll nominate Phish for obvious reasons.

#15 Soaked

Soaked

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationNYC or Amsterdam
  • Server:Bf3 LMAO!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:17 AM

Ill go for canehda. Wait, What? Ill go for Phish.

#16 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:19 AM

1. Phish
2. PickUp
3. Trebor
4. LadyPsyber

Edited by gEddeh, 10 August 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#17 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:19 AM

Phish the one that can actually give a great representation

#18 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:29 AM

phish

#19 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:leonis

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

I nominate IcePhish:

Has a Phascinating knowledge of ROSE.
Calm, collected and professional.
Reasonable enough to speak in the interests for both developers and rest of the community.
Doesn't appear to have many haters: more qualified to be a voice rather than a mouth of the community.

...just a couple of reasons why some of us call him the Rose Guru. <_<

Edited by kaminichuan, 10 August 2011 - 02:33 AM.

#20 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:03 AM

IcePhish anytime.

#21 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:43 AM

1. Phish
2. Zurn
3. gEddeh

#22 teddy77

teddy77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationBali, Indonesia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EARTH

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:58 AM

1. icephish
2. icephish
3 off course icephish again... <_<

IcePhish "Yes, We Can!!! "

#23 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:02 AM

Adam no doubt about it icephish ftw, kid knows like albe knows pasta.

#24 Elpha

Elpha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

Phish

#25 zera

zera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:09 AM

57564646343:3463456463=0.87X546342-1223434343+545355553X3=

the answer of my calculation is IcePhish <_<

Edited by zera, 10 August 2011 - 04:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users