LadyPsyber,icephish and PickUp

#53 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

Why can't the devs simply listen to the freakin' community itself?

first time i have to agree with pickup....

u never was listening to the community (except 1 or 2 times)....

and this wont change with a community senate....

#54 Fluffier

Fluffier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis/Draconis

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

IcePhish, LadyPsyber and PickUp <_<

#55 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

first time i have to agree with pickup....

u never was listening to the community (except 1 or 2 times)....

and this wont change with a community senate....

At first everyone get frustrated with the so many nice proposals, that have no answer from the admins.

But that is the problem. There are a lot of proposals, discussions inside the patch notes, and topics in the
community chat. Reading and responding it demands too much time, that would require anyone only to do this.

And now we can have that one (or better, at least 4, for now) to make it and organize all proposals.

So, I think it'll work, or else Zeppelin would not make this thread.

#56 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

LadyPsyber. She has a passion for the game's potential that needs to be heard and acted upon.

Since you will obviously be monitoring this thread, I will share my thoughts on this so called senate.
It's a useless endeavour, since there is a whole section of the forums dedicated to Suggestions and proposals, and having only a few people to "channel"
those ideas is meaningless. It shoundt matter if the idea is posted by Phish, Kaizy, LadyP...or anyone else. Everyones Idea merits consideration. And doing it in a "seperate exclusive HIDDEN forum section reaks of corruption and back alley deals. Where is the transparacy?

And +1 to Pickup's post...even tho this guay forum wont let me.

Edited by LordAlbion, 10 August 2011 - 09:12 AM.

#57 Cutiieee

Cutiieee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

phish, pick up, OERBA!

#58 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

What would the people who are on the senate really be able to do Zep? Would they make suggestions to the Devs based on posts made in the Proposal section? Also some of their own ideas? Would they be able to tell the community anything that the Devs think are good ideas or upcoming changes? Would they just gather items that are said and give them to the Devs as a summary? Would they pick the suggestions that they feel are the best and give them to you all? Would they be a part of any of the updates with testing, suggestions to upcoming changes, have a voice where they think some of the new changes won't work, give you a list of bugs to be worked on, etc? Will it be give and take and will they be able to share with the community - for example post in someone's suggestion post that they will take the idea to the Devs or that the devs are working on something similar?

What do you see their full role being?

My vote, as already stated:
1. Pish
2. LadyPsyber
3. Pickup
4. Zurn - added to my vote

Edited by Bendersmom, 10 August 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#59 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

What would the people who are on the senate really be able to do Zep? Would they make suggestions to the Devs based on posts made in the Proposal section? Also some of their own ideas? Would they be able to tell the community anything that the Devs think are good ideas or upcoming changes? Would they just gather items that are said and give them to the Devs as a summary? Would they pick the suggestions that they feel are the best and give them to you all? Would they be a part of any of the updates with testing, suggestions to upcoming changes, have a voice where they think some of the new changes won't work, give you a list of bugs to be worked on, etc? Will it be give and take and will they be able to share with the community - for example post in someone's suggestion post that they will take the idea to the Devs or that the devs are working on something similar?

What do you see their full role being?

My vote:
1. Pish
2. LadyPsyber
3. Pickup
4. Zurn

LOL you already voted on page 2.....

#60 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

I nominate Phish, he is well known, knows a lot about the game, and actually plays. Therefore he would be the best 'senate' imo.

#61 1172851469

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

PickUp

#62 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

I changed my vote to PickUp *see first post* (page1)

#63 iHealersz

iHealersz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationUnderground, lurking around..

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:56 AM

1. IcePhish
2. PickUp
3. gEddeh (?)

#64 Hitman2506

Hitman2506

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationUSA!
  • Server:Leonis FTW

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:16 AM

if you are voted do you HAVE to be a senator?

#65 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

I nominate Zurn as community senate representative.

as far as the others go:
2.Phish
3.Pick Up
4.Cordazar

Reason Why:
1. Zurn - he knows the technical side of the game and since he usually helps new players, he will have an idea of what to change for player progression.
2. Phish - He knows the pvp/class side of the game.
3. Pick Up - Will be able to assist with quests and player progression. (I swear he also had a thread on drop rates but am unable to find it)
4. Cordazar - Will be able to determine which suggestions will not be able to be put into the game without some drastic reprogramming. Can help the devs w/ the creative aspects of ROSE (new planets anyone?)

All of these players seem to be on top of their subject. Their posts seem to be thorough and full of content. And above all, there is an even number of Draconis and Leonis representatives so both servers will be represented equally.

Edit: People have been saying this is a bad idea, but isn't this exactly what we have been asking for? I can't find the thread, but a while back there was mention of a Pegasus server where a select few nominated members would be able to go on it and try out things before they were put into the game and give the developers direct feedback. While they senate members wont be able to try it out, they still will have one on one contact with the devs and will be able to give their input about what they are working on before it is put into the game. The senate members will also be able to get together and vote on which threads they feel are most important for the devs to read and act on so they can better the community of ROSE. The new forum is there so the devs wont have to sift through all the posts with the same idea or an interesting name but zero actual feedback to make the game better and so they can continue working behind the scenes without the ENTIRE commmunity breathing down their necks. I, for one, support this. I just hope it doesn't turn into a popularity contest later down the trail. But if it does, I hope the devs will have the sense to get rid of it.

Edited by AlisiaMT, 10 August 2011 - 12:08 PM.

#66 cathu

cathu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

des, icephishyadam, and stinkyjoepoo should be inchargeee. they know the game best and always make the most logical posts..

DestinyDeoxys
Phish
Kaizy

<_<

#67 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

PickUp - Leonis

Cordazar - Draconis

Edit: Might add that Cordazar is a programmer himself and playing on Draconis - years of experience behind him from various games. Don't believe many have noticed him so far.

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 10 August 2011 - 11:52 AM.

#68 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

For another choice I think we need someone from Draconis that understands the game, is not just all about PVP and can give a voice for those playing on Draconis. Sometimes the issues on one server are different from the other server. I am not sure who that would be since I don't play on Draconis often, so someone else needs to post a good choice from that server. Is Zurn from there?

yep started on Leo a while back but saw Draco and move to it~

I nominate Zurn as community senate representative.

as far as the others go:
2.Phish
3.Pick Up
4.Cordazar

Reason Why:
1. Zurn - he knows the technical side of the game and since he usually helps new players, he will have an idea of what to change for player progression.
2. Phish - He knows the pvp/class side of the game.
3. Pick Up - Will be able to assist with quests and player progression. (I swear he also had a thread on drop rates but am unable to find it)
4. Cordazar - Will be able to determine which suggestions will not be able to be put into the game without some drastic reprogramming. Can help the devs w/ the creative aspects of ROSE (new planets anyone?)

All of these players seem to be on top of their subject. Their posts seem to be thorough and full of content. And above all, there is an even number of Draconis and Leonis representatives so both servers will be represented equally.

Edit: People have been saying this is a bad idea, but isn't this exactly what we have been asking for? I can't find the thread, but a while back there was mention of a Pegasus server where a select few nominated members would be able to go on it and try out things before they were put into the game and give the developers direct feedback. While they senate members wont be able to try it out, they still will have one on one contact with the devs and will be able to give their input about what they are working on before it is put into the game. The senate members will also be able to get together and vote on which threads they feel are most important for the devs to read and act on so they can better the community of ROSE. The new forum is there so the devs wont have to sift through all the posts with the same idea or an interesting name but zero actual feedback to make the game better and so they can continue working behind the scenes without the ENTIRE commmunity breathing down their necks. I, for one, support this. I just hope it doesn't turn into a popularity contest later down the trail. But if it does, I hope the devs will have the sense to get rid of it.

thanks ~ <_<

ZURN FTW

haha gl zurn ^_^

thanks~

who the hell is zurn?

that would be me, im me anything else ya wanna know?

Edited by Zurn, 10 August 2011 - 12:36 PM.

#69 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

I hate to copy but I have to agree with the most posted names:

Phish ( actually knowning pvp in the numbers helps xD)
Pick- Up ( ideas ideas ideas)

#70 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

thanks o-o (still no clue whats going on here...)

Details

The Community Senate is a player-elected group to represent the players voice to the ROSE Dev Team.
Each Senator will have access to a special community forum to raise up topics on behalf of the community directly to the CM and Dev Team members.
Senators will have a special forum image title to show their standing amongst the community and staff.
Senators will serve a 6 month term, and re-elections will happen at the end of each semester.

Promise

The Community Teams desire is for the players to have a focused voice to the Dev Team and provide feedback on future changes, updates and help ensure that the voice of the community is heard.

Our Request

[size="3"]We ask that players think about who they want to represent them and who they believe is the best to voice their opinions, suggestions and offer the Dev Team a strong sense of the community as a whole.

size]

#71 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

• Phish
  • Pick Up
  • gEddeh
  • Zurn

#72 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

who the hell is codazar,who the hell is zurn?

#73 Trebor

Trebor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA USA

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Some know me, some dont, but I would like to be considered as well.

I have been around since the old iRose days and never have left RoseNA, been here since day 1 and still going.

I have made my suggestions to some of the dev team myself, plus a little over a year ago, I was at the Gravity offices meeting with everyone there and having a great time. Got to meet with the Dev team, GM's and others there. (Even had lunch with Leo, Corvis and one other).

Anyway, I just wanted to throw my name out there as well.

Rob
"Trebor"

#74 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

guess my vote(s) goes for

1. Pish
2. LadyPsyber
3. Pickup

#75 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

I can appreciate the frustrations, but we can either leave things the way they are or we can change things.

We are going to change things and your going to experience this change, and it is a good change.

You can grumble, but if your going to post in this thread then at least let your voice be heard in terms of who you think would be ideal to help escalate community concerns, suggestions, feedback, etc.

Should I start calling you Mao or Stalin? Wow, I can't believe I'm hearing this from anyone with the title of "community manager."

However, with that said my vote is for pickup, expressly because of his opinion of this system. So, pickup please accept this nomination. I've always appreciated your rational arguments towards problems with the game, and I believe, if they actually listen to these Senators, you can do a lot of good for the community.

Edited by BobDylan, 10 August 2011 - 01:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users