Sorcerer vs Invoker... - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sorcerer vs Invoker...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Sorcerer vs Invoker... (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is better in PvP?

1. Sorcerer (17 votes [54.84%])

Percentage of vote: 54.84%

2. Invoker (14 votes [45.16%])

Percentage of vote: 45.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationIn your closet, stalking you!
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:GUESS.

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

I recently made a Monk, and i'm really enjoying it so far in PvE, but I also really love PvP. I'm too low of a level to actually test a monk's efficieny in PvP, so I would like to ask some of you higher level people something. Which is better for PvP, Sorcerer or Invoker, and why? <_<

Thanks!

#2 xBayoo

xBayoo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

I always found Invokers more useful in group PvP's and Sorcerers are good in 1v1's and groups.
Just my opinion, but there are many Invokers that are capable of 5-0'ing in 1v1's.

#3 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:28 AM

I always found Invokers more useful in group PvP's and Sorcerers are good in 1v1's and groups.
Just my opinion, but there are many Invokers that are capable of 5-0'ing in 1v1's.

So they're more or less equal in power in PvP?
It always seemed to me that Sorcerers had a clear advantage due to their variety and range of skills, with which they can make different combos depending on the situation. Invoker only has a few attacks, and less choices of combos. Heals and buffs do increase it's survivability though.

Edited by Reviren, 10 August 2011 - 11:51 AM.

#4 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

It always seemed to me that Sorcerers had a clear advantage due to their variety and range of skills, with which they can make different combos depending on the situation. Invoker only has a fewer attacks, and less choices of combos. Heals and buffs do increase it's survivability though.

well... sorc can semi-lock in pvp but they can't easily catch their opponents in the battlefield, they can in larger enemies groups though

#5 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

It always seemed to me that Sorcerers had a clear advantage due to their variety and range of skills, with which they can make different combos depending on the situation. Invoker only has a few attacks, and less choices of combos. Heals and buffs do increase it's survivability though.

It depends on level too. At the level 30 range, priest was better than battlemage imo. I've only gone to 40 on priest, and 60 on sorc though. imo they're both better at group than 1v1.

#6 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

Well that's kind of normal, since on one hand you got heals and buffs and disabling (Frog), and on the other hand you got AoEs and debuffs... It's 1v1 that I'm slightly more concerned about, right now. xD

#7 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

priest / invoker was nerfed really hard for pvp recently. More of a support role and harder to kill someone unless very high enchants.

#8 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:08 AM

That doesn't mean they're incapacitated in nekkid PvP. o;

#9 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:12 AM

So you're asking which class out of the two is better to 1v1 gearless pvp with Posted Image

#10 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:20 AM

Well I was just informed that Invokers aren't quite as good with low level enchants, while implicitly meaning that Sorcerers would be better while wielding a non-enchanted weapon than Invokers, and Sorcerer and Invoker are equally good at group PvP, so now, yeah it's about gearless PvP. xD
I'm just trying to know which of the two classes would win in each kind of PvP type: Geared, gearless and group PvP. o-o (Are there more? :smooch: )

#11 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:00 AM

Heck yeah there's more! Are heals allowed? Can players use items during the match? Revenge earrings? Locks allowed?

You can 1v1 with magicians but why bother? They're horrible 1v1 and sure you can still do it, but like driving a car with your feet, it's not recommended. If you wanna win 1v1 with magicians in a gearless battle then I would suggest Invoker. Why? It's because, unlike Sorcerers, they can at least beat one class......and that's the Sorcerer. Geared? Well you better be sure you're gonna out stack your opponent and hope they run out of MP trying to kill you. Items are on? You're gonna get locked to death because they're gonna be tired of you running and healing and then you killing them by revenge earrings..i'm finally tired so sdklfasldfslldfjaldjflakdfjsajf

1v1: Play a non magician class.

Group: They both have their role to play and they both do it well. With the healing and cures and the buffs and debuffs with the killing and stuff. I like to kill someone from the other team fast so I'd prefer to have a Sorcerer back me up. I'll set 'em up, they'll knock 'em down....and out. So yeah I hope you learned somethi Posted Image

#12 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

Heck yeah there's more! Are heals allowed? Can players use items during the match? Revenge earrings? Locks allowed?

You can 1v1 with magicians but why bother? They're horrible 1v1 and sure you can still do it, but like driving a car with your feet, it's not recommended. If you wanna win 1v1 with magicians in a gearless battle then I would suggest Invoker. Why? It's because, unlike Sorcerers, they can at least beat one class......and that's the Sorcerer. Geared? Well you better be sure you're gonna out stack your opponent and hope they run out of MP trying to kill you. Items are on? You're gonna get locked to death because they're gonna be tired of you running and healing and then you killing them by revenge earrings..i'm finally tired so sdklfasldfslldfjaldjflakdfjsajf

1v1: Play a non magician class.

Group: They both have their role to play and they both do it well. With the healing and cures and the buffs and debuffs with the killing and stuff. I like to kill someone from the other team fast so I'd prefer to have a Sorcerer back me up. I'll set 'em up, they'll knock 'em down....and out. So yeah I hope you learned somethi Posted Image

! O.O...

Thanks a lot for all of this! It really helped a lot! :3

#13 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:27 AM

Both are pretty even in my book.

Edited by StormHaven, 11 August 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#14 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

Hmmm... Since most people voted for Sorcerer, I guess I'll go Invoker~ :3 I love to have a challenge, lol xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users