PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Forums

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

Currently the stat we know as Charm is pretty much the most useless stat in game.

I suggest the following:

• Each point of Charm should give a 0.1% bonus experience.
  • Each point of Charm should give a 0.05% chance for an additional drop.

With this system
A character with 10 charm would get 1% bonus experience and would have 0.5% chance to receive an extra drop.
A character with 100 charm would get 10% bonus experience and would have 5% chance to receive an extra drop.
A character with 400 charm would get 40% bonus experience and would have 20% chance to receive an extra drop.
A character with 800 charm would get 80% bonus experience and would have 40% chance to receive an extra drop.

With this change charm could become an useful stat and would not affect class balance in any way.

#2 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

800 charm + bonus on costume = 100+% :smooch:

#3 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

I like it.

#4 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

Actually charm makes the mobs like to attack most players with higher charm?

It would be a good stats for tanks holding waves of mobs and bosses in the "upcoming?" Raids.

#5 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

It would be a good stats for tanks holding waves of mobs and bosses in the "upcoming?" Raids.

That's what Taunt is for.

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

Taunt + Charm = Better Tank aggro and party party loot with the combination of systems, would give a better reason for parties, i like it pick up.

#7 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

Actually charm doesn't make monsters attack players with a higher value.
It was always widely believed that it did but there is absolutely no truth to the rumors.
I always thought this was the case too until I spent some time deciphering the code that actually controls the monsters.

The AIP (Artificial Inteligence Program) files that drive monster actions do not ever check for player Charm to determine actions.
They frequently check player level, player health, their own health, distance to player and to their own spawn point plus a few others but NEVER charm.
I was actually quite surprised when I discovered this.

They do have the capability of checking charm but it is never used in any of the monsters currently used in NARose.

#8 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:36 AM

That's what Taunt is for.

Spamming taunt is not a single strategic way to keep the aggro.

Spamming something don't make the game explore the ability of the players.

Anyway, the problem would be still on with aoe dps spamming, and clerics just spamming heals with
their infinite mana.

#9 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

PurpleYouko does charm actually do anything other than increase the reward for certain quests? Another rumor was that it effected drops when fighting monsters; is their any truth behind this?

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

PurpleYouko does charm actually do anything other than increase the reward for certain quests? Another rumor was that it effected drops when fighting monsters; is their any truth behind this?

Quest Item drop rate increase, not normal items, and rewards yes, but not anymore.

#11 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

It wasn't just a rumor, it was actually in the NPC dialog of Arua's fairy. (not sure if it's still there though)

#12 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

Would a lv 200 champion put 800 charm to get lvling?i mean what weapon they can wear to clear mob lol?

ok you would say put it 400 charm..so 40% extra exp?i guess the demand for training medal would drop and decrease the sales of that medal..

i don't think dev wants to cut their own income

just my opinion

Edited by Callmedude, 13 August 2011 - 04:14 AM.

#13 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:57 AM

It would still apply to using a medal too. If you had 400 charm + used a medal it would be 2.8x exp.

#14 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

Would a lv 200 champion put 800 charm to get lvling?i mean what weapon they can wear to clear mob lol?

ok you would say put it 400 charm..so 40% extra exp?i guess the demand for training medal would drop and decrease the sales of that medal..

i don't think dev wants to cut their own income

just my opinion

The experience bonus and the drop bonus would stack with double exp/drop medals and events just like those costume sets which they release from time to time. It might also increase their sales on reroll hammers, because people would want charm on their farming gear.

800 charm could be earned by getting the right equipment, but having large amounts of charm would be harder to come by.

Edited by PickUp, 13 August 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#15 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

I think the exp rate a bit too much

Its just like time machine ..back to 2008 lvling speed..1 day could up to 150+ with medal

#16 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

I think the exp rate a bit too much

Its just like time machine ..back to 2008 lvling speed..1 day could up to 150+ with medal

The rates might seem high, but stacking charm would also greatly cripple the player's combat stats, so there is a greater risk of dying and the kill rate might also be a lot slower because stats like attack power and defense would be replaced with charm.

#17 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

You got the point too..But it may benefits those botter that have couple of healer spam heal him..And he is invincible

Pretty good deal so far

#18 simshon

simshon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Actually charm doesn't make monsters attack players with a higher value.
It was always widely believed that it did but there is absolutely no truth to the rumors.
I always thought this was the case too until I spent some time deciphering the code that actually controls the monsters.

The AIP (Artificial Inteligence Program) files that drive monster actions do not ever check for player Charm to determine actions.
They frequently check player level, player health, their own health, distance to player and to their own spawn point plus a few others but NEVER charm.
I was actually quite surprised when I discovered this.

They do have the capability of checking charm but it is never used in any of the monsters currently used in NARose.

may i ask where youve checked that?
they have published the ai of the mobs somewhere?

#19 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Anymore thoughts?

#20 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

Have it only effect the user if they attack the monster (much like the Item mall costumes), so that someone can't leech a party in charm gear to level faster.

#21 happa

happa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

Have it only effect the user if they attack the monster (much like the Item mall costumes), so that someone can't leech a party in charm gear to level faster.

#22 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

It wasn't just a rumor, it was actually in the NPC dialog of Arua's fairy. (not sure if it's still there though)

There goes that fairy spreading her lies again.
Looks like Junon's little angel may have been right.

Anyway that fairy doesn't really say anything much any more

The only thing charm does right now is to increase zuly and xp rewards on quests.
It also has zero effect on drop rate of quest items.
Those rates are hard coded into the QSD and LUA. With the way way the LUA and QSD interact, there's no real way for them to be modified at the server, particularly as until very recently, quest item drops were generated 100% client side.
They are server side now though to close some little exploits involving sending fake drop packets from the client.

Yup it used to be relatively simple to get a quest then just send a series of packets to the server and finish it in seconds but not any more.

#23 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

There goes that fairy spreading her lies again.
Looks like Junon's little angel may have been right.

Anyway that fairy doesn't really say anything much any more

The only thing charm does right now is to increase zuly and xp rewards on quests.
It also has zero effect on drop rate of quest items.
Those rates are hard coded into the QSD and LUA. With the way way the LUA and QSD interact, there's no real way for them to be modified at the server, particularly as until very recently, quest item drops were generated 100% client side.
They are server side now though to close some little exploits involving sending fake drop packets from the client.

Yup it used to be relatively simple to get a quest then just send a series of packets to the server and finish it in seconds but not any more.

When they modified the way stats work, Calanor (lol) listed the effects of each stat and said that charm increased the quality of drops (not quest drops, and they have no quality anyway) : http://forums.roseon...posts=1&start=1
Have you found anything regarding this in the files?

#24 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

When they modified the way stats work, Calanor (lol) listed the effects of each stat and said that charm increased the quality of drops (not quest drops, and they have no quality anyway) : http://forums.roseon...posts=1&start=1
Have you found anything regarding this in the files?

I don't remember seeing that post but that does bring up some interesting possibilities.

Anything drop related (quest items do not count as drops) is controlled completely in the server so it's quite possible that they could be applying filters to modify the kind of things you get based on your charm.
There's no way i could figure out anything like that based on client files since drops are not there.

might be interesting to try building a CHArm Bourg or something for farming just to see if there is a difference. :waddle:

#25 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

Very good thought, to get those bonuses you would have to sacrifice a lot though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users